SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver

AZSIOUX

The final stretch has arrived for UND. Coming off a bye weekend they head to Denver. DU had the weekend off as well. It will be like a home game at magness for the f'n hawks.

RACE FOR THE NCHC.....

UND has 4 series left - @DU, UMD, @UNO, WMU

SCSU has 3 series left - bye, @UNO, UMD, @CC

**SCHMALTZ still tied 4th nation assists after missing games with 24. leader 33

**CAM and his D lead nation in GAA 1.313 and save % 0.948. Sick numbers

**UND 2nd nation goals against per game 1.660. Leader 1.615 (YALE)

UND 22-3-3 -- 13-2-1-1-- 3rd pairwise 

DENVER 13-8-5 -- 9-5-2-0 -- 12th pairwise

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We're already the driver's seat with two games in hand. A sweep puts us in the express lane :) ... Anymore cliches?!

With as tough as this league is week in and week out, I won't feel comfortable unless we do sweep this weekend. St. Cloud won't lose too many games down the stretch, so we have to keep up.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

With as tough as this league is week in and week out, I won't feel comfortable unless we do sweep this weekend. St. Cloud won't lose too many games down the stretch, so we have to keep up.

I completely agree. I'm saying right now, before the series, we are in the driver's seat. I think it'll be tough to sweep DU, this weekend. Particularly after the whooping we gave them in GF.

That being said, I think the boys will be very, very pumped up since we seem like we're getting two Hobey Baker candidates back in our lineup.

GOD, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT LINE BACK TOGETHER!

• Upvote 2

The question is can we buck "the Schlossman curse".  We had the article on the poor state of Wisconsin hockey then they beat us, the article on Cam Johnson and he became human the game following it, and now we had an article on UND the Road Warriors ...       Figure if we can win on Friday, we are good to go.  :wink:

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

The question is can we buck "the Schlossman curse".  We had the article on the poor state of Wisconsin hockey then they beat us, the article on Cam Johnson and he became human the game following it, and now we had an article on UND the Road Warriors ...       Figure if we can win on Friday, we are good to go.  :wink:

Brad writes several articles every week. 3 questionable examples != a rule.

I like that both teams had last week off. So neither team will be the presumed "rusty" vs "firing at game speed". I wonder how much of the sweep at the Ralph will play into this series. Denver's a hard team to read at this point. 

Easily my favorite rivalry series of the year.  It seems a great many of our seasons have been made/broken on these winter trips out to Denver.  I was there last December and it was a terrific time - I'd highly recommend if you are ever looking for a road trip series as the Colorado-based NoDak fans are terrific.  There are plenty of bars around campus that make for good times before/after the games.  Then again, downtown on 16th Street is also a blast but it is quite a few miles from campus.

I hope to catch these games where I can as I'll be traveling this weekend away from home.  With Friday night's game on CBSSN and Saturday's on ROOT Sports, neither game is available for viewing via NCHC.tv

9 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I hope to catch these games where I can as I'll be traveling this weekend away from home.  With Friday night's game on CBSSN and Saturday's on ROOT Sports, neither game is available for viewing via NCHC.tv

As a DirecTV customer, I am happy about his week's games being on TV.

2 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

Brad writes several articles every week. 3 questionable examples != a rule.

I like that both teams had last week off. So neither team will be the presumed "rusty" vs "firing at game speed". I wonder how much of the sweep at the Ralph will play into this series. Denver's a hard team to read at this point. 

Thus the wink!  Same can be said of Sports Illustrated, and does anybody really believe in a curse?

53 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Easily my favorite rivalry series of the year.  It seems a great many of our seasons have been made/broken on these winter trips out to Denver.  I was there last December and it was a terrific time - I'd highly recommend if you are ever looking for a road trip series as the Colorado-based NoDak fans are terrific.  There are plenty of bars around campus that make for good times before/after the games.  Then again, downtown on 16th Street is also a blast but it is quite a few miles from campus.

I hope to catch these games where I can as I'll be traveling this weekend away from home.  With Friday night's game on CBSSN and Saturday's on ROOT Sports, neither game is available for viewing via NCHC.tv

What are the chances MidcoSports picks up Saturday night's game?

I've never ordered the NCHC.tv online before, but am considering it for the last part of the season (they're running a special).
Is it worth it?  Decent streaming quality?  I'm getting sick of only seeing one game every 3rd series.

Also, is it possible to start watching the games at the beginning after they've already started?  I get home from work later on Friday's and it would be great to start the game in the first period...usually the 3rd period is already starting by the time I get home.

Thank you for your help in advance!  :)