SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver

AZSIOUX

19 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

With Sanderson's play of late...just not scoring, but his play In the defensive zone and on the PK......he has earned a place in the lineup on Friday night.

Agree.....I was just trying to put my "Brad Berry" hat on.  I would play Sanderson over Wilke.

Wolanin and Shaw will likely split, but I think Wolanin has progressed significantly faster this season.

I'd definitely take Gornall over Olson.  Same physicality but has more scoring upside, I think.  He definitely proved his case in the games he's played.

I'm not sure if Sanderson will play both games this weekend, but I would expect him to play at least one.  Not only has he started scoring a bit, but he's also been much better with finishing checks and winning puck battles along the wall.  He's a bit slow on his skates, but he's a great PKer.

Some tough decisions on the lineup with everybody healthy could also be tough to pick who travels as I'm not sure if they are allowed to take everybody or not. I'd guess we see Shaw and Wolanin each get a game and wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with a couple forwards as well. For Friday night I'd go with:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Boeser
Chyzk-Gardner-Poganski
Gersich-Johnson-Wilkie
St.Clair-Simonson-Olson

11 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Some tough decisions on the lineup with everybody healthy could also be tough to pick who travels as I'm not sure if they are allowed to take everybody or not. I'd guess we see Shaw and Wolanin each get a game and wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with a couple forwards as well. For Friday night I'd go with:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Boeser
Chyzk-Gardner-Poganski
Gersich-Johnson-Wilkie
St.Clair-Simonson-Olson

Boy that's a good bunch of forwards.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just read every player is healthy and available for this weekend......so who sits?  

On D IMO it's either Thompson or Shaw.

Forward lines

CBS

LJ Chyzk Pogo

Gersich Gardner Wilke

JJ Simo St Clair

The flu is running through the locker room however.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, petey23 said:

The flu is running through the locker room however.

Seems to happen every year, and I'm sure most teams experience this, with the exposure these kids have to the larger student body and the way they share germs among themselves.  

Get it out of the way now. 

18 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Caggiula-Schmaltz-Boeser
Chyzk-Gardner-Poganski
Gersich-Johnson-Wilkie
St.Clair-Simonson-Olson

I like this line-up, however I think JJ plays over somebody.  He's good.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree........JJ has been better than Olson and Wilke for most parts of this season.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I like this line-up, however I think JJ plays over somebody.  He's good.

Yup. As much as I like Olson as he brings the physicality aspect, I think JJ is in over him.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

At C or W? I just can't seem him playing over Simo. I think St. Clair has really ramped up his play and think he gets a wing spot.

Man. Tough stuff.

I think he does play over Simo at this point. One is producing and the other isn't.  I don't know, it's a tough call. We'll see on Friday.