SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Why would he? Wentz has proven scouts will find you at NDSU. He will play against 2 Pac 12 schools if he stays at NDSU. Not sure it will help him transferring to an FBS school. How did it go for Vernon Adams? 

He can either hope scouts think he can play with the big boys or prove it every week. Two FBS games?!?!? You really think that really compares to an FBS schedule?

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

He can either hope scouts think he can play with the big boys or prove it every week. Two FBS games?!?!? You really think that really compares to an FBS schedule?

No, but if he performs will in those games, wins  2 or 3 championships, and does well at the combine and pro day, he will be fine. Probably a better track than playing at an unfamiliar school in a new offense. With the disclaimer that Roehl needs to get better at play calling. If he keeps calling 2 of every 3 plays a run between the tackles, if I am the QB I would think about transferring. 

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

After seeing Lance and then watching the Gophers all year, you do have to wonder how he would look in that offense with two nfl receivers. That was a miss by PJ if you ask me, I think Trey is better than Annexstad and Morgan, but I’m a bit biased.

PJ is in the big ten title game with Trey at QB.  Morgan is a great student of the game, but not near the athlete that Trey is.  Minnesota would be unreal at the RPO if they had a QB that could keep it and run for fifteen.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

PJ is in the big ten title game with Trey at QB.  Morgan is a great student of the game, but not near the athlete that Trey is.  Minnesota would be unreal at the RPO if they had a QB that could keep it and run for fifteen.

PJ is in the big ten title game if the Gophers show up for the 1st half at Iowa. I was really worried when Annexstad got hurt during fall camp because I thought he was the best option at QB. Better arm than Morgan, bigger, faster, more athletic, etc. Morgan proved himself though this season. He was much more confident and showed a stronger arm. The biggest thing though might be the intangibles as everyone raves about his leadership abilities. Biggest thing for him to continue to progress is get better at feeling the rush and he must improves his pocket presence.
 Lance is definitely a better runner than any QB the Gophers have right now Kramer would be the closest as he is very athletic. Gophers don't have a whole lot of true QB run reads in their RPO offense though. Lot of fans think the QB is supposed to pull if the DE crashes each run play but that just isn't true. Gophers have maybe 5 run plays a game where Morgan is truly supposed to read the backside DE. Lance is doing a great job for NDSU and the Gophers have a great group of 4 QBs. The most talent and depth their QB room has seen in a long time.

37 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I hope he doesn’t, but if he is worried about the NFL draft and not being spotted at NDSU, his best bet would be to transfer after this year. I know he would lose a year, but he would have 2 years at the new school to learn and get used to the offense. 

24 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

PJ is in the big ten title game if the Gophers show up for the 1st half at Iowa. I was really worried when Annexstad got hurt during fall camp because I thought he was the best option at QB. Better arm than Morgan, bigger, faster, more athletic, etc. Morgan proved himself though this season. He was much more confident and showed a stronger arm. The biggest thing though might be the intangibles as everyone raves about his leadership abilities. Biggest thing for him to continue to progress is get better at feeling the rush and he must improves his pocket presence.
 Lance is definitely a better runner than any QB the Gophers have right now Kramer would be the closest as he is very athletic. Gophers don't have a whole lot of true QB run reads in their RPO offense though. Lot of fans think the QB is supposed to pull if the DE crashes each run play but that just isn't true. Gophers have maybe 5 run plays a game where Morgan is truly supposed to read the backside DE. Lance is doing a great job for NDSU and the Gophers have a great group of 4 QBs. The most talent and depth their QB room has seen in a long time.

PJ might be in the Big 10 title game if he doesn't run on the field and get a 15 yard penalty when Johnson get's knocked down near the goal line.  I would like to see what might have happened if Iowa had to start from their own 7 rather than the 22.

8 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

PJ might be in the Big 10 title game if he doesn't run on the field and get a 15 yard penalty when Johnson get's knocked down near the goal line.  I would like to see what might have happened if Iowa had to start from their own 7 rather than the 22.

Also, getting greedy/4th down/within field goal range which would have extended their lead/instead does not get the 1st down/comes away with nothing.

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

Also, getting greedy/4th down/within field goal range which would have extended their lead/instead does not get the 1st down/comes away with nothing.

Gophers kicking game is shaky to start with and was even worse that day with their starting kicker out. He had missed a long field goal that I still have no idea why they attempted and also ended up missing a extra point later in the game. I was all for going for it there down 20-13 and it was a great play call Johnson just plain dropped it.

9 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I don't know that it makes a huge difference but that Johnson drop certainly is one that you can look back on. Weird thing is PJ had already checked on a few guys who were down earlier in the game just like that and he has always done that. They tried to say he ran out their too fast that time but he pretty much always gets out there like that with an injury. Seemed like it was just a convenient excuse to throw the flag on the Gophers since they had already thrown one on Iowa after that play.

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I hope he doesn’t, but if he is worried about the NFL draft and not being spotted at NDSU, his best bet would be to transfer after this year. I know he would lose a year, but he would have 2 years at the new school to learn and get used to the offense. 

I personally don't think you have anything to worry about with Lance. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So if you're Trey Lance do you try and graduate early and transfer to a P5 or just kill under manned teams for three more years?

Well, the last two QB's before him are both in the NFL, so why in the hell would he leave? Are you dumb, or just really really hate that NDSU is light years ahead of UND?

• Downvote 6

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Gophers kicking game is shaky to start with and was even worse that day with their starting kicker out. He had missed a long field goal that I still have no idea why they attempted and also ended up missing a extra point later in the game. I was all for going for it there down 20-13 and it was a great play call Johnson just plain dropped it.

Thinking we are thinking of different times in the game.  The play i referred to was early in the game when Minnesota had the lead.

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

Thinking we are thinking of different times in the game.  The play i referred to was early in the game when Minnesota had the lead.

I think you two are thinking of different games.  That was the Wisconsin game where the Gophers got ahead, Iowa jumped out to a 13-0 lead in their game.

17 hours ago, Bison06 said:

So you agree that the Fargodome gives a 35 point advantage in a football game then?

It's probably close to that.  To break it down:   

Noise is certainly a factor for the opposition.  I'd put that at 12 points.

Smell of bison fans.  Hard for visiting teams to catch their breath amidst the flatulence and BO.  I'd put that at 7 points.  

Size of bison fans.  Seeing people this large, especially for the first time, can be a distraction to young players.  6 points.    

NDSU team juice bar.   Team exclusive formulations and sideline injections of mountain dew and folgers crystals that get their players to the edge of breaking banned substance rules.  I'd put that at 10 points.

Hey what do you know, we agree.  35 points it is! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think you two are thinking of different games.  That was the Wisconsin game where the Gophers got ahead, Iowa jumped out to a 13-0 lead in their game.

Sure you are right/watch to much football and the 'old fella' gets confused.

1 hour ago, surewhynot said:

Well, the last two QB's before him are both in the NFL, so why in the hell would he leave? Are you dumb, or just really really hate that NDSU is light years ahead of UND?

I don't hate NDSU enough to go on their fansite and jump all over a comment based on what other players in FCS have done in the past.  

Are you dumb, or just did a bad crop piss on your holiday?

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

As good if not better than the All B1G 2nd team QB. Alright.

Great athlete doesn’t turn the ball over and his team hasn’t lost a game. He hasn’t thrown an interception all year Gopher QB has been outstanding. They are both very good. So yeah,  I think he is as good if not better than Morgan. They are a bit different in that Lance seems to be a better runner but they are both very good. Believe it or not I’m not a Bison fan, but I’m not blind. There is a big difference between MVAC and Big10 but Lance would also be very good Big 10 QB. But of course, as usual,  I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, surewhynot said:

To. Play. At. A. Higher. Level.

A chance to play in the P5 is a chance most kids are at least going to be somewhat interested in doing.

2 hours ago, surewhynot said:

7 posts to your name - a new visitor - welcome. Why don't you share your connection to UND sports? 

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

To. Play. At. A. Higher. Level.

A chance to play in the P5 is a chance most kids are at least going to be somewhat interested in doing.

The kid could start at a lot of places in the P5.  It's a CREDIT to how good of a player and a person he is.  

Or I guess blind hatred.....:whistling: