SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fargo Forum: Nicholls was lowest NDSU home game attendance since 2010. 

Well good thing they didn't bid for a first round game over Thanksgiving weekend!

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Great athlete doesn’t turn the ball over and his team hasn’t lost a game. He hasn’t thrown an interception all year Gopher QB has been outstanding. They are both very good. So yeah,  I think he is as good if not better than Morgan. They are a bit different in that Lance seems to be a better runner but they are both very good. Believe it or not I’m not a Bison fan, but I’m not blind. There is a big difference between MVAC and Big10 but Lance would also be very good Big 10 QB. But of course, as usual,  I could be wrong. 

I've seen every snap of Morgan this year and also seen a couple full games of Lance and parts of other games. I like Lance and he has played well but no way am I gonna say a QB who hasn't played one FBS team is as good or better than a guy who has proven it at that level and was all conference in the Big Ten leading his team to 10 wins.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fargo Forum: Nicholls was lowest NDSU home game attendance since 2010. 

So the gophers excuse is there is just so much to choose from in the Twin Cities and su's excuse is the farmer's are in the field. (I know I'm troll baiting). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I've seen every snap of Morgan this year and also seen a couple full games of Lance and parts of other games. I like Lance and he has played well but no way am I gonna say a QB who hasn't played one FBS team is as good or better than a guy who has proven it at that level and was all conference in the Big Ten leading his team to 10 wins.

No way to know. As I said,  I may be wrong but same was said about Wentz and Stick. 

26 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So the gophers excuse is there is just so much to choose from in the Twin Cities and su's excuse is the farmer's are in the field. (I know I'm troll baiting). 

At the risk of sounding really annoying, people are somehow bored with winning. I’ve talked with dozens of friends in the last two years who are lifelong diehards who have simply stopped going to games because there are very few opponents who are interesting at this point. They attempt to sell their tickets every weekend and sometimes can’t even give them away.

Attendance might be a problem moving forward unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

At the risk of sounding really annoying, people are somehow bored with winning. I’ve talked with dozens of friends in the last two years who are lifelong diehards who have simply stopped going to games because there are very few opponents who are interesting at this point. They attempt to sell their tickets every weekend and sometimes can’t even give them away.

Good

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I don't know that it makes a huge difference but that Johnson drop certainly is one that you can look back on. Weird thing is PJ had already checked on a few guys who were down earlier in the game just like that and he has always done that. They tried to say he ran out their too fast that time but he pretty much always gets out there like that with an injury. Seemed like it was just a convenient excuse to throw the flag on the Gophers since they had already thrown one on Iowa after that play.

Johnson was standing up by the time PJ got there.   There was no reason for him to run on the field.  He got excited because of the late hit and was putting on a show like he always does. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Good

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I’m glad you’re calling it victims of their own success (because I was going to but didn’t want to be ripped).

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Johnson was standing up by the time PJ got there.   There was no reason for him to run on the field.  He got excited because of the late hit and was putting on a show like he always does. 

I think that was part of the problem that Johnson sold the hit a little bit. PJ wasn’t putting on a show at all like it or not that’s how he is. He is the first one out there like that anytime one of his players go down. The situation just looked really weird because of how quick Johnson popped up.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I think that was part of the problem that Johnson sold the hit a little bit. PJ wasn’t putting on a show at all like it or not that’s how he is. He is the first one out there like that anytime one of his players go down. The situation just looked really weird because of how quick Johnson popped up.

That's just how he is - that is correct.  He's always putting on a show and I do find it annoying.  Just my opinion

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

This makes a ton of sense.  What more can they accomplish in FCS?  I have a ton of friends that are NDSU fans (and my brother was in the Gold Star Marching Band) and we talk about NDSU moving up a lot.  Looks like Appalachian State has had success, no reason NDSU can't get to that point. 

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This makes a ton of sense.  What more can they accomplish in FCS?  I have a ton of friends that are NDSU fans (and my brother was in the Gold Star Marching Band) and we talk about NDSU moving up a lot.  Looks like Appalachian State has had success, no reason NDSU can't get to that point. 

Moving up has very  little to do with success. The size of the media market is the primary driver and Fargo doesn't move the needle.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Moving up has very  little to do with success. The size of the media market is the primary driver and Fargo doesn't move the needle.

I agree that Fargo isn’t a “must have” media market for a conference seeking growth, but I think NDSU’s biggest downfall is location. Boone, NC and Statesboro, GA are far worse markets and the media markets they are in are splitting their loyalties between many schools.

NDSU’s TV market as the sole FBS school(assuming UND doesn’t also make the move) would be the entire state and much of Minnesota.

So, yes, it’s not a great market, but I think location is more of a factor in conferences not clamoring to add them.

All speculation on my part though.

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree that Fargo isn’t a “must have” media market for a conference seeking growth, but I think NDSU’s biggest downfall is location. Boone, NC and Statesboro, GA are far worse markets and the media markets they are in are splitting their loyalties between many schools.

NDSU’s TV market as the sole FBS school(assuming UND doesn’t also make the move) would be the entire state and much of Minnesota.

So, yes, it’s not a great market, but I think location is more of a factor in conferences not clamoring to add them.

All speculation on my part though.

You clearly are clueless.  App St closest metro is the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Port CMA which has 1.6 million.  Asheville and the huge Charlotte metro are also close.  Boone's campus has grown because many kids prefer the mountains.  NC kids that prefer beaches have UNC-Wilmington.

Statesboro is part of the Savannah metro with over 350 k.

As said many times, NDSU will be FBS as well as UND, SDSU, USD, and the Montana's, Idaho, EWU and Weber. 

44 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You clearly are clueless.  App St closest metro is the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Port CMA which has 1.6 million.  Asheville and the huge Charlotte metro are also close.  Boone's campus has grown because many kids prefer the mountains.  NC kids that prefer beaches have UNC-Wilmington.

As said many times, NDSU will be FBS as well as UND, SDSU, USD, and the Montana's, Idaho, EWU and Weber. 

You also said UND would be FBS by this time.  The BSC was going to split and a host of other bat crap crazy predictions that havent come to fruition.

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You also said UND would be FBS by this time.  The BSC was going to split and a host of other bat crap crazy predictions that havent come to fruition.

2022: All those schools go FBS transition

2025:  FBS is here and they all get big money from the new CFP payout.

You've never understood time or money because it's so over your dumbass head.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

2022: All those schools go FBS transition

2025:  FBS is here and they all get big money from the new CFP payout.

You've never understood time or money because it's so over your dumbass head.

How many of your dumb ass deadlines have not come to fruition. How many more lies are you going to tell?  Its seem as much as you bellow like a pregnant bovine about others not having a clue its actually you who is the clueless dumb ass.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

How many of your dumb ass deadlines have not come to fruition. How many more lies are you going to tell?  Its seem as much as you bellow like a pregnant bovine about others not having a clue its actually you who is the clueless dumb ass.

So hilarious coming from the BS bullshi**er.  You claimed IPFW and IUPUI were so very happy in the Summit that they wouldn't leave so Summit stability was here.  They both spent $1.5 million to buy their way out first opportunity.  But never an apology from you.

I predicted UND would get in the Big Sky because the Montana's wanted us so bad.  The laughs from you and bozoville could be heard everywhere.  But never an apology from you when it happened.

When St Thomas evicted itself from the MIAC, I said they must have DI dreams.  Again you and bozovillians had a hearty laugh at my preposterous prediction that turned out were true.  The Summit and Douple had contacted visited them before the MIAC eviction campaign started.

The top tier of the Big Sky will surely move to the Summit.  Conference affiliation would take a major step up with flagship schools joining together and having football.  But that isn't possible in your simple BS mind.

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I also said that app state and Georgia southern have to share those markets, whereas NDSU would be the sole FBS team in the scenario I laid out.

9 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Kolpack and McFooly want to FaceTime you ASAP.....they have a few things to discuss.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

There really is no reason for this when we should be discussing play offs!