SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Nobody knows what 3 years from now will look like. It's a stupid question from a normally decent ndsu poster who for some reason decided to ask it the day after UND's season ended. 

I asked it because I’m tired of weak predictions.

Of course UND will beat NDSU again, they play every year moving forward. Many posters on this board have been predicting NDSU’s downfall And UND rising for the past 7 years. I have been opposed to that idea because there was no logical reason to predict it and was met with “ndsu elitist” and you’re “arrogant”. 

UND’s only chance at getting back to the powerhouse they once were is to hire COMPLETELY new blood. Trying to recreate the glory years of late 90’s/early 2000’s is the problem. It seems some people are coming around to that idea on here.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Bison fans, just go away for awhile.  We don't need another thread where you guys want to talk about yourselves.

Stop bringing us into it with “juicers” comments and Juice U and I’d be happy to stay away.

Und has one thing that is the best in FCS, the smallest and slowest players in FCS football. There is no way they can handle the week to week bruising smash mouth football of the Missouri Valley Conference, there will be many injuries. 

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

History has shown this not to be true. Just wondering how you find time to monitor UNI and SDSU fan sites so you can defend every su comment made. 

I grew up in North Dakota and consider UND to be NDSU’s primary rival, those schools don’t concern me so I don’t comment there.

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Stop bringing us into it with “juicers” comments and Juice U and I’d be happy to stay away.

Pathetic that you have to monitor this site, and then respond and defend, anything said that might trigger your fragile psyche.  Not even half a day after our season ended you're on here demanding people answer your questions regarding when will UND beat NDSU again.  The river is freezing over; so get out of your douche canoe, come on shore, and walk yourself over to Bozoville.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Pathetic that you have to monitor this site, and then respond and defend, anything said that might trigger your fragile psyche.  Not even half a day after our season ended you're on here demanding people answer your questions regarding when will UND beat NDSU again.  The river is freezing over; so get out of your douche canoe, come on shore, and walk yourself over to Bozoville.  

Learn to read before you pop off like a child.

Another poster brought up the topic.

1 minute ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Wow less than 2 minutes.  How's the water?   And no, Sherlock, you were the one demanding answers to your stupid question.  

I know technology is tough for you boomers, but it is possible to set up alerts on your phone when people respond. 

9 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

FCS programs are largely “development” programs . Yes the occasional guy is recruited who the B1G overlooked but that is rare.  

NDSU does not recruit many highly rated recruits.  It’s impossible at FCS level.

Our development is deficient.  For that reason I voted D.(would have gone C- if that was available).  

While yes you are correct that NDSU doesn't get many "highly recruited" athletes, if you mean P5 kids, they do get a few kids every year that have G5 FBS offers with the occasional 1 or 2 P5 offers every year. If you would add up the FBS offers that NDSU recruits sign every year and the other FCS offers that UND signs every year, my guess is the FBS offers to NDSU kids outnumbers the other FCS offers for UND signees. How many of the  20 or so commits UND has so far this year have other D1 offers? 4? 

While I agree the S&C coaching has a large impact on the program, the 2 schools are starting off with a different level of athlete. It still amazes me that Bubba and his staff didn't offer Lance coming out of high school. That would concern me about Bubba and his staffs eye for talent. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

While yes you are correct that NDSU doesn't get many "highly recruited" athletes, if you mean P5 kids, they do get a few kids every year that have G5 FBS offers with the occasional 1 or 2 P5 offers every year. If you would add up the FBS offers that NDSU recruits sign every year and the other FCS offers that UND signs every year, my guess is the FBS offers to NDSU kids outnumbers the other FCS offers for UND signees. How many of the  20 or so commits UND has so far this year have other D1 offers? 4? 

While I agree the S&C coaching has a large impact on the program, the 2 schools are starting off with a different level of athlete. It still amazes me that Bubba and his staff didn't offer Lance coming out of high school. That would concern me about Bubba and his staffs eye for talent. 

FCS schools don’t get any “highly recruited”athletes, unless one considers FBS drop-downs.  Just the nature of the beast.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

FCS schools don’t get any “highly recruited”athletes, unless one considers FBS drop-downs.  Just the nature of the beast.

Some FCS schools get kids that have several FBS offers, but no, they aren’t getting any 4or 5 star kids with Bama or Clemson offers. Not what you are calling “highly recruited” kids. I would call a kid with say 10 D1 offers highly recruited vs a kid with just 1 D1 offer.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

So are you saying Bubba is getting the same kind of FB player and athlete as NDSU and other top FCS schools and the S&C program just isn’t doing their job?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

What is a FBS drop down????

Sam Houston State was loaded with guys who started careers at FBS schools and decided for one reason or another to drop down to FCS.   Does not guarantee they were highly recruited, but much more likely.  FCS guys are NOT highly recruited unless you consider multiple FCS offers or a couple of G5 offers highly recruited.  

When a guy has a p5 offer and ends up at FCS(yes even mighty NDSU), the P5 “offer” was not committable.  

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Sam Houston State was loaded with guys who started careers at FBS schools and decided for one reason or another to drop down to FCS.   Does not guarantee they were highly recruited, but much more likely.  FCS guys are NOT highly recruited unless you consider multiple FCS offers or a couple of G5 offers highly recruited.  

When a guy has a p5 offer and ends up at FCS(yes even mighty NDSU), the P5 “offer” was not committable.  

So you know for a fact that Easton Stick’s offer at Rutgers and Seth Anderson’s offer at Kansas were non-committable? Or are you just speculating?

26 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So you know for a fact that Easton Stick’s offer at Rutgers and Seth Anderson’s offer at Kansas were non-committable? Or are you just speculating?

And when Missouri offered Radunz and Boise State (I know they are not technically P5), offered Lance, both a week or less before signing day, those schools offered but said we don’t actually want you?

46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Unless I was a member of Seth Anderson family or his HS coach or on Kansas staff there is no way I would know for a fact.  I DO know Kansas has 10 offers out for SDE ends.  Do you think they are all committable?  

Stop while you are ahead.  Here is the list of Kansas offers.  Do you think they have 1000 schollies?  You think the top of their board for SDE was Anderson?

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Season/2020-Football/Offers/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

And when Missouri offered Radunz and Boise State (I know they are not technically P5), offered Lance, both a week or less before signing day, those schools offered but said we don’t actually want you?

I know that if a P5 school wanted Radunz, offered him and had built a relationship he would NOT be at NDSU.