SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I don't follow recruiting as close as I used to, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? 

By looking at the players in the class, talking to HS coaches, and comparing to past classes.  No real mystery.

Why do you think it's as good as past classes?

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

By looking at the players in the class, talking to HS coaches, and comparing to past classes.  No real mystery.

Why do you think it's as good as past classes?

I don't think it's necessarily better or worse I suppose.

I guess I always look at recruiting classes the same way. Fun to get excited about the potential, but until they prove it at the college level, I don't put too much stock in it.

Some of the recruits in the past I was the most excited about ended up hardly seeing the field and some of the biggest contributors have been guys I didn't even know were on campus because they were walk-ons.

Signing days are mostly PR, nobody is going to do a press conference and say "We were really disappointed with a few guys we missed on, but I guess these guys will have to do". 

You have to give it 2-3 years before you decide if the recruiting class is a good class in my book.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

NDSU has had some really good classes in the past 10 years or so, but this year's is definitely down comparitively speaking 

Not so sure. NDSU has 10 -15 very good recruits in the early signing period. They lost a couple but will probably replace them in the late period, like they did last year with Kobe Johnson and a couple of Texas guys. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Agreed.  Could have blind sided them with the tweet.  Curious what their discussions have looked like....

He may be the only commit so far with other D1 offers. My guess is they aren’t going to take a chance at pissing him off.

• Downvote 2

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

matt>vollson

will be fun to watch who ends being a better pro....

Yep you are correct, Matt is better than vollson!!!

i don’t even understand how that kid from Balfour North Dakota was even able to put on a bison uniform and get drafted higher than the anointed one from und.  He must have some incriminating photos of the people in charge of all 32 nfl teams!!!

think before you post son, I can understand how you like your guy better because he played for your favorite team, but to blatantly profess him better than a guy that started on a better team and was drafted higher is just silly.

or you may just be trolling, and if so, I swallowed the bait whole.

14 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

i don’t even understand how that kid from Balfour North Dakota was even able to put on a bison uniform and get drafted higher than the anointed one from und.  He must have some incriminating photos of the people in charge of all 32 nfl teams!!!

think before you post son, I can understand how you like your guy better because he played for your favorite team, but to blatantly profess him better than a guy that started on a better team and was drafted higher is just silly.

I’ll take the bait….

Vollson was not projected to be taken that high so essentially he got lucky to be drafted higher. It’s fair to say that Matt is a better prospect but I wish them both success! As a Packer fan I just hope Watson doesn’t let us down, if he doesn’t fix the drops he will lose faith with Rodgers and the fan base. He could have been an ever higher prospect if he wasn’t lazy in college. 

1 hour ago, Texas rancher said:

there is the reason the bengals are  the bengals (minus last year) and the cowboys have had the best o-line 10 years straight........

matt is only gonna get better and volsen is gonna flame out like all the ther other ndac players that think they don't play fcs football and don't realize they HAVE TO progress....

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

there is the reason the bengals are  the bengals (minus last year) and the cowboys have had the best o-line 10 years straight........

matt is only gonna get better and volsen is gonna flame out like all the ther other ndac players that think they don't play fcs football and don't realize they HAVE TO progress....

Since NDSU currently has 15 players on on an NFL contract and UND has 1, this is an idiotic comment. And NDSU had more active players on NFL rosters last season than any FCS school in the country. That being said, I hope all MVFC kids that were drafted or signed UDFA contracts make it.

Yeah but how many of them are any good at all?   MEHH not too many.  I'll take the FOX NEWS/MAGA angle:

Yeah-BUT how many NHL draft picks does NDSU have?   UND has many and ndsu has none BUTTFOOTBALL?   ndsu is much better at BUTTFOOTBALL than anyone else in the known universe BUT no NHL players?   WHY?   Because they do not have the balls to play a noble sport like hockey - they prefer BUTTFOOTBALL!   Who's going to buy a Carson Wentz Washington jersey before next season? - I dare say NOT ONE OF YOU Ag School/nfl connection promoters.  YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN BURNED TWICE! lol  I guess carnivals are still around so there's still hope for you rubes.  

Bye-Bye

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Yeah but how many of them are any good at all?   MEHH not too many.  I'll take the FOX NEWS/MAGA angle:

Yeah-BUT how many NHL draft picks does NDSU have?   UND has many and ndsu has none BUTTFOOTBALL?   ndsu is much better at BUTTFOOTBALL than anyone else in the known universe BUT no NHL players?   WHY?   Because they do not have the balls to play a noble sport like hockey - they prefer BUTTFOOTBALL!   Who's going to buy a Carson Wentz Washington jersey before next season? - I dare say NOT ONE OF YOU Ag School/nfl connection promoters.  YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN BURNED TWICE! lol  I guess carnivals are still around so there's still hope for you rubes.  

Bye-Bye

Must suck to be a hawker fan.   

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Pretty hard to win an argument about fcs schools and the nfl unless you are from the school who has the most

Cooper Kupp calling for EWU on line one for you ... 

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Bye-Bye

What's a buttfootball?