SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

17 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Honestly, this is the first class I have seen that remotely stacks up to NDSU by just watching the High School film. I'm optimistic!

NDSU has had some really good classes in the past 10 years or so, but this year's is definitely down comparitively speaking 

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

NDSU has had some really good classes in the past 10 years or so, but this year's is definitely down comparitively speaking 

I don't follow recruiting as close as I used to, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? 

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I don't follow recruiting as close as I used to, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? 

By looking at the players in the class, talking to HS coaches, and comparing to past classes.  No real mystery.

Why do you think it's as good as past classes?

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

By looking at the players in the class, talking to HS coaches, and comparing to past classes.  No real mystery.

Why do you think it's as good as past classes?

I don't think it's necessarily better or worse I suppose.

I guess I always look at recruiting classes the same way. Fun to get excited about the potential, but until they prove it at the college level, I don't put too much stock in it.

Some of the recruits in the past I was the most excited about ended up hardly seeing the field and some of the biggest contributors have been guys I didn't even know were on campus because they were walk-ons.

Signing days are mostly PR, nobody is going to do a press conference and say "We were really disappointed with a few guys we missed on, but I guess these guys will have to do". 

You have to give it 2-3 years before you decide if the recruiting class is a good class in my book.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Not so sure. NDSU has 10 -15 very good recruits in the early signing period. They lost a couple but will probably replace them in the late period, like they did last year with Kobe Johnson and a couple of Texas guys. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Agreed.  Could have blind sided them with the tweet.  Curious what their discussions have looked like....

He may be the only commit so far with other D1 offers. My guess is they aren’t going to take a chance at pissing him off.

• Downvote 2