SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

56 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Unless I was a member of Seth Anderson family or his HS coach or on Kansas staff there is no way I would know for a fact.  I DO know Kansas has 10 offers out for SDE ends.  Do you think they are all committable?  

Stop while you are ahead.  Here is the list of Kansas offers.  Do you think they have 1000 schollies?  You think the top of their board for SDE was Anderson?

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Season/2020-Football/Offers/

All I’m saying is you are the one claiming to know something for a fact when you just stated there is no possible way for you to know that information.

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

So you know for a fact that Easton Stick’s offer at Rutgers and Seth Anderson’s offer at Kansas were non-committable? Or are you just speculating?

No idea about Stick but I have a pretty good idea of where Anderson ranked on the list of KU targets 

5 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Season/2020-Football/Offers/

Midwestern Hawk's link confirms that ranking.  I'm learning things!  

You mean because he is listed last?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there is no way an online service would be able to accurately rank recruits at a certain position. ONLY coaches would be privy to where they have each player ranked on their board.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there is no way an online service would be able to accurately rank recruits at a certain position. ONLY coaches would be privy to where they have each player ranked on their board.

Sure.  But it's someone's ranking.   Confirm was a strong word.  

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Everyone knows every player who ends up at ndsu was ranked #1 at their position on all the other schools' boards. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m not trying to be message board guy here but I went to KU and know people associated with the program, etc. 

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Until today I just assumed it was just board’s in FCS recruiting offices .....turns out it includes FBS too.

And probably some NFL teams as well.  We'll have to wait for confirmation of this from Bison06 once he gets a chance to respond from his canoe.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

I’m not trying to be message board guy here but I went to KU and know people associated with the program, etc. 

I'm not trying to say he was their top recruit, I have no clue where he lands on their prospect list. Maybe it is last, maybe it is a non-committable offer as was stated.

I was responding to another poster who asserted that when an FCS recruit is offered by a P5 it's gotta be a non-committable offer. That isn't always true is all I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

And probably some NFL teams as well.  We'll have to wait for confirmation of this from Bison06 once he gets a chance to respond from his canoe.  

What is this canoe comment you keep making? Did I miss something in your long-winded rants?

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What is this canoe comment you keep making? Did I miss something in your long-winded rants?

I didn’t realize a short paragraph  was too long for you.   Rather strange that you responded to that comment of mine yet couldn’t read the whole paragraph.    The water must’ve been choppy      

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I didn’t realize a short paragraph  was too long for you.   Rather strange that you responded to that comment of mine yet couldn’t read the whole paragraph.    The water must’ve been choppy      

You know man, I'm not sure what your issue with me is, but I'm gonna move on from this one. 

I come here to distract me from people like you in my real world and talk sports. Not get into personal pissing matches with someone I've never met or who doesn't know the first thing about me.

If you want to disagree with my comments on their merit, I'm happy with that, good discussion is what I come here for. But, whatever this has become between you and me isn't fun.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

You know man, I'm not sure what your issue with me is, but I'm gonna move on from this one. 

I come here to distract me from people like you in my real world and talk sports. Not get into personal pissing matches with someone I've never met or who doesn't know the first thing about me.

If you want to disagree with my comments on their merit, I'm happy with that, good discussion is what I come here for. But, whatever this has become between you and me isn't fun.

Nah.  What you actually come here for is to argue.  It’s gotten old.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Sam Houston State was loaded with guys who started careers at FBS schools and decided for one reason or another to drop down to FCS.   Does not guarantee they were highly recruited, but much more likely.  FCS guys are NOT highly recruited unless you consider multiple FCS offers or a couple of G5 offers highly recruited.  

When a guy has a p5 offer and ends up at FCS(yes even mighty NDSU), the P5 “offer” was not committable.  

Please explain how you know the offer was not committable?  In affect you are saying that the offer Easton Stick had to play at Rutgers was a farce????

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It's always true unless you consider on the night before signing: "everyone on our board signed somewhere else, we need to fill a spot, how about it" an offer. 

Also remember the schools where this happens the staff has one foot out the door too.

That absolutely would be an offer haha. If a school offers you a scholarship, well...that's an offer.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

As a football coach, agree. 

As a resource who has studied how successful people and organizations operate, Adams is worth a listen. 

Does he sell a caffeine powder with his book and testimonial?

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It's always true unless you consider on the night before signing: "everyone on our board signed somewhere else, we need to fill a spot, how about it" an offer. 

Also remember the schools where this happens the staff has one foot out the door too.

You just make stuff up as you go along??? JFC   :D

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It was to make a point.  You really are foolish to believe a kid wants to play at NDSU instead of a power 5 team?  Really?

Depends on the school. Easton Stick came to NDSU as opposed to Rutgers.  Its seems its you who is foolish to be make statements in absolutes.

It never ceases to amaze me how important discussions of a serious topic get hijacked and deflected - maybe I am too old and this is just a sign of the times we live in, but this discussion has gone from the state of UND football to I don't know what point anyone is trying to make.  I care about the state of UND football, I could care less about whether or not an offer is "commitable" or "Noncommitable".  What adjustments need to made in the philosophy, systems, and culture of UND football and how do we get there?  Or are we on the right track and need to allow time for all the pieces to be in place?  Please try to keep the discussion linear, I really like some of the early insights, but this digression is a real buzz kill.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Depends on the school. Easton Stick came to NDSU as opposed to Rutgers.  Its seems its you who is foolish to be make statements in absolutes.

Ogbu had a last minute call from Georgia Tech with an offer, he chose NDSU

Saybein Clark held a strong offer from Iowa, he chose NDSU.  

Trey Lance had a last minute call from Boise St (I know not P5)

There are others I'm missing, and their narrative for choosing NDSU in most cases was the staff and fact that they will get a shot at the next level just like the P5 and compete for a Championships year In and out.  

I know I'm missing others and it happens at many other schools in the SE part of the country more frequently than NDSU