SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming first up

Nodak78

Should we talk about soccer while we're at it? Let's focus on football here. 

Yes, take the trash talk to a different thread. 

Does anyone know how the passing game has been progressing recently? Curious to know if Studrud is making an more progress, or if he is looking about the same. Really hoping our passing game develops this year, it would be nice to see us be able to test Wyomings young defense. Also think, as was shown on Saturday, that passing will be essential against the Bison.

When does the updated 2 deep get released. I'm curious to see what running backs are healthy. Also, do we know whose redshirt is pull and whose isn't?

Game notes were released this morning,.  The two-deep looks to be the same as the one posted last week.  It also says up to 9 true freshman would be making the trip, though it doesn't say which ones.

Yeah if it wasn't for WY it would be televised.  WDAZ & UND were all over it, I saw it on the Internet.     

Hey Dan, here's the actual contract stating that Wyoming holds all TV/video rights since apparently you are having a hard time comprehending it.  When you were "seeing stuff" all over the internet you must have missed it, an inadvertent oversight I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

Yes, take the trash talk to a different thread. 

Does anyone know how the passing game has been progressing recently? Curious to know if Studrud is making an more progress, or if he is looking about the same. Really hoping our passing game develops this year, it would be nice to see us be able to test Wyomings young defense. Also think, as was shown on Saturday, that passing will be essential against the Bison.

Passing game will obviously depend on time to throw the ball and QB accuracy.  However, I was told we are much better at WR this year and we'll need a balanced attack to compete against top teams.  I already stated who I thought would lead the team in receiving yards this year, the kid from Arizona.

Passing game will obviously depend on time to throw the ball and QB accuracy.  However, I was told we are much better at WR this year and we'll need a balanced attack to compete against top teams.  I already stated who I thought would lead the team in receiving yards this year, the kid from Arizona.

improved receivers are imperative.  They need to run good routes, attack the ball so they win the 50/50 battles, look the ball in, secure it and get upfield.  They didn't do that well last year. Too many people threw our QBs under the bus for the wrong reasons last year.  I think if you give Studsrud time, have some semblance of a running game we can move the ball. If not Tom Brady won't have success. If you don't protect Studsrud it will be a long day and won't matter who the QB is.  We should be good enough defensively that if we get decent oline play and improved play from the receivers, we should be able to compete.  

Funny NDSU is on every game. How's that work?

This is a 110% trolling comment, this does not pertain to the game.....just an NDSU person trying to brag up NDSU and stir the pot.  Users who make comments like this should get immediate ban for a week or two, especially when they are known trolls.   It's crap like this that takes away from good discussion that is on topic.

• Upvote 3

improved receivers are imperative.  They need to run good routes, attack the ball so they win the 50/50 battles, look the ball in, secure it and get upfield.  They didn't do that well last year. Too many people threw our QBs under the bus for the wrong reasons last year.  I think if you give Studsrud time, have some semblance of a running game we can move the ball. If not Tom Brady won't have success. If you don't protect Studsrud it will be a long day and won't matter who the QB is.  We should be good enough defensively that if we get decent oline play and improved play from the receivers, we should be able to compete.  

good points.  

I don't think UND will have great success running tthe ball.  Take advantage of UW's youth in their secondary.  

Chuck the pigskin!

The reason Bohl has so many freshman in the seconary Is pretty obvious watching them last year.  Slowest safeties and dbacks I've ever seen in FBS.  They didn't have a pick in at least the first half of the season.   He probably feels it can't get worse.  At least these youngsters have some speed.  

UND's strength is the running game.  Wyoming's strength is their dine.  This will be a good test to see if we can run the ball.  If we can it will help the passing and qb play.  if we can't it might be a long day.  Unless the defense gets some TO's or special teams change the field position.

good points.  

I don't think UND will have great success running tthe ball.  Take advantage of UW's youth in their secondary.  

Chuck the pigskin!

The reason Bohl has so many freshman in the seconary Is pretty obvious watching them last year.  Slowest safeties and dbacks I've ever seen in FBS.  They didn't have a pick in at least the first half of the season.   He probably feels it can't get worse.  At least these youngsters have some speed.  

There are three things that can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

UND needs to be more balanced this season and take advantage of suspect secondaries, perhaps like Wyoming's, but abandoning the running game would be a HUGE mistake. UND can't afford mistakes (interceptions and QB sack-fumbles) with how the defense is; that is, field-position with a tough defense is crucial. Play Bubba ball - run the ball on offense, play the field position game, and play stifling defense that hopefully produces turnovers. The play-action game will have to be sprinkled in there as well for balance. 

This is a 110% trolling comment, this does not pertain to the game.....just an NDSU person trying to brag up NDSU and stir the pot.  Users who make comments like this should get immediate ban for a week or two, especially when they are known trolls.   It's crap like this that takes away from good discussion that is on topic.

Our mods are notoriously slow on the draw - In my opinion, a few Bison trollers have signifcantly reduced my experience on what should be a Sioux forum.  

• Upvote 2

Our mods are notoriously slow on the draw - In my opinion, a few Bison trollers have signifcantly reduced my experience on what should be a Sioux forum.  

It honestly didn't strike me as particularly bad when I first saw it; whether the game is on TV or not seems an on-topic discussion. In pondering it a bit more, you're right that point of it was probably just to aggravate so it is just trolling. We'll try to keep a closer eye on that.

The football forum is especially tough for us, because so many posters in this forum think we should just ban anyone who isn't a UND fan, which hasn't ever been our philosophy. But, anyone who is solely here to try to aggravate other posters shouldn't be here.

I think this is going to be close defensive battle. Both Bubba and Bohl like to play conservative on offense and hard nosed defense. I see both teams trying to run the ball and both teams stuffing the run. I think it'll come down to whichever offense can throw the ball and unfortunately I don't think our passing game is there yet. I'll say 24-14 Wyo.

It honestly didn't strike me as particularly bad when I first saw it; whether the game is on TV or not seems an on-topic discussion. In pondering it a bit more, you're right that point of

Speaking of which, it sucks that this weekend's game isn't on any form of TV.