SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming first up

Nodak78

I think this is going to be close defensive battle. Both Bubba and Bohl like to play conservative on offense and hard nosed defense. I see both teams trying to run the ball and both teams stuffing the run. I think it'll come down to whichever offense can throw the ball and unfortunately I don't think our passing game is there yet. I'll say 24-14 Wyo.

Could very well be a defensive battle.  Still too early for my pick -

As we saw in the only college football game thus far, NDSU vs. Montana, a game within the game can emerge, match-ups.  Montana obviously liked their match-up on the outside with WRs getting one-on-one coverage.  I think NDSU, in their best interest, should have stuck to the ground and pound as that was a favorable match-up for them. 

I actually like the UND O-line vrs. Wyoming front 7, well enough to say it looks pretty even with 3 Senior starters and Stockwell in good health for UND, and Alder at TE is a good player.  (Although Wyoming's best player is on the D-line)  I hope our RBs run hard!!  I think our receivers can be productive, too.  And schematically, we will find someone running free for a long play if Studsrud can hit him.  (Wyoming's secondary is young and inexperienced and Tampa 2 can be beat deep middle, play action)

I like our defensive front seven, especially our linebackers, yet Wyoming appears to have really good RBs and a good running scheme.  I think it's pretty even but special RBs could slant the advantage to Wyoming if we don't tackle well.  Our secondary is much improved, I am very confident in the 2 safety sports and Deon Harris, still a little unsure about the other corner spot.  Wyoming does not have a real burner as a wide out that can stretch the field, which bodes well for us.  Overall I think our secondary matches up nicely with Wyoming WRs and I expect the safeties to make plays.

So, both teams will feel each other out and whomever takes or makes the most of match-up advantages will likely win.  Go Sioux!!

Hard to tell....first games of the season are always strange. I'm sure he would love a lopsided score but don't expect it to be classless. Both teams have a lot to work on and neither really lit up the scoreboard last year. If the score is lopsided....it will be due to execution and not classless plays etc.

I doubt there will be as much fans as last year's opener with Montana and with it being a holiday weekend...might not be as much students. 

Here's to a great injury free game.....

• Upvote 2

I wonder if he would smoke UND given the chance.  My guess is he might.  

I don't think he can. With something like 46 freshmen and 13 true freshmen playing this year for Wyoming, If UND doesn't get their first FBS on Saturday they may never get one. It won't get any easier than this one. I would take the points and put my house on it if the Pokes are really favored by 18.

I don't think he can. With something like 46 freshmen and 13 true freshmen playing this year for Wyoming, If UND doesn't get their first FBS on Saturday they may never get one. It won't get any easier than this one. I would take the points and put my house on it if the Pokes are really favored by 18.

UND's offense is a huge question mark.  Not real sure what we are going to see.

I agree and layed out the evenness of some match ups in this game.  This is our best opportunity to knock off an FBS team no doubt.  

What two players on offense and defense for UND will make a difference in this and give us a chance to will. Here are my guesses

Offense:  Santiago and George

Defense: Arnell and Dranka

Studsrud and O-line (I know not one person)

Ratelle and Arnell

Next year we have Bowling Green so back to back FBS wins? That would be sweet.