SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming first up

Nodak78

What two players on offense and defense for UND will make a difference in this and give us a chance to will. Here are my guesses

Offense:  Santiago and George

Defense: Arnell and Dranka

Offense: Oliveira (don't even know if he will be playing) and Seibel

Defense: Disterhaupt and Harris

What are some realistic numbers for Studsrud. I don't  see him putting up huge passing number, but he will need to be efficient and limit mistakes. Really hoping he has had significant improvement and gain confidence over last season. I understand he was really thrown into the mix last year without being ready, but hopefully we don't see those types of numbers at any point this season.

Really excited for the season to start, and hope to see some surprises from this group; both as a team, and with individual performances.

I'd feel better about this game if UND had a proven qb or running back. 

exactly, makes me a little nervous throwing an unproven QB out there, but we have improved the WR spot, so we'll see how that helps. Plus Studsrud has actually had time to practice with the starters. I think we have good enough athletes at RB, that we should be able to make some noise there, IF the O Line plays like they did at the end of last year.

What are some realistic numbers for Studsrud. I don't  see him putting up huge passing number, but he will need to be efficient and limit mistakes. Really hoping he has had significant improvement and gain confidence over last season. I understand he was really thrown into the mix last year without being ready, but hopefully we don't see those types of numbers at any point this season.

Really excited for the season to start, and hope to see some surprises from this group; both as a team, and with individual performances.

Major thing is turnovers. If the UND offense can play clean, not necessarily explosive, but at least mistake-free, they will give the team the best chance. Obviously you have to score points, but turnovers will kill the team's chances.

So as far as Studsrud goes, interceptions and fumbles are the only true bad plays. 

Major thing is turnovers. If the UND offense can play clean, not necessarily explosive, but at least mistake-free, they will give the team the best chance. Obviously you have to score points, but turnovers will kill the team's chances.

So as far as Studsrud goes, interceptions and fumbles are the only true bad plays. 

Yup, I will never be mad if he throws a few balls away, rather than forcing them.

This isn't the worst situation Studsrud has been thrown in by a long shot. He's had a while to take first team reps and work in our offense. It's a heck of a lot better than going against EWU a couple days removed from scout team offenses. I'm guess I'm cautiously optimistic about how he is going to perform tomorrow.

If he can be around 55% passing, 175 yards passing with an extra 20 rushing, and no more than one turnover, I'll be ok with it.

Yep....I'd like to see his stat line read something like 12-19 for 195 yards, 1 TD....no picks.    There will be 3-4 times where receivers will be open for 20-30 plus yard  gains, we are going to have to connect on those to get a few decent sized gains. 

NG will be a little thin due to suspension, this certainly won't help against a power running team.   I think we could possibly win this and really hope we do, but if I had money on it....I'd go with something like 26-17 Wyoming.

Quite the meltdown on Wyonation, and I guess it's understandable. Frustrating to.lose to a lower level team, especially one without recent success. The are some pleasant bison fans on the WYO forum pointing out how terrible we are, and the the is rock bottom for Wyoming. Also that the loss must be because of Wyoming and not Bohl. Kind of funny there.

Reality is that Bubba had are guys ready to play. D lived up to the hype. RB was a pleasant surprise, and Studsrud played well and limited mistakes.

This team will continue to improve, and while this win does not make us a playoff team or even narrow the spread against the Bison, it is another step in the right direction.

Way to go bubba and way to go team. Dominate Drake and cleanup some mistakes before the Bison.

• Upvote 1

Quite the meltdown on Wyonation, and I guess it's understandable. Frustrating to.lose to a lower level team, especially one without recent success. The are some pleasant bison fans on the WYO forum pointing out how terrible we are, and the the is rock bottom for Wyoming. Also that the loss must be because of Wyoming and not Bohl. Kind of funny there.

It's par for the course when you see that the Bison fans username is lakesbison. The guy is an absolute nutcase.

• Upvote 1

It's par for the course when you see that the Bison fans username is lakesbison. The guy is an absolute nutcase.

I know, he takes it a little too far. I'm all far supporting your team and even giving other teams a hard time in good fun, but he takes it to the next level. Whatever.