SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming first up

Nodak78

to get back on track .... Anyone know much about this new QB WYO has? They all seem pretty high on him, and I think we have seen first hand what a solid transfer QB can accomplish in the right situation, from what Braeden Hanson did here.

The transfers name is Camereon Coffman. He had a solid year in 2012 playing for Indiana passing for over 2,700 yards and 15 TDs. In 2013 he lost the starting job which led to his transfer. He ran a spread offense at Indiana but is not a dual threat QB, as he had -1 rushing yards in 2012. He is from a football family; his dad played in the NFL for 10 years and both his brothers played their college ball at K-State. His sister played volleyball at Wyo, which is where his connection to the university came from. 

He's no Braedan Hanson as far as "gun-slinger" type, but is a seasoned QB that has had a year to learn Wyo's West Coast scheme. 

The transfers name is Camereon Coffman. He had a solid year in 2012 playing for Indiana passing for over 2,700 yards and 15 TDs. In 2013 he lost the starting job which led to his transfer. He ran a spread offense at Indiana but is not a dual threat QB, as he had -1 rushing yards in 2012. He is from a football family; his dad played in the NFL for 10 years and both his brothers played their college ball at K-State. His sister played volleyball at Wyo, which is where his connection to the university came from. 

He's no Braedan Hanson as far as "gun-slinger" type, but is a seasoned QB that has had a year to learn Wyo's West Coast scheme. 

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cameron_coffman_908004.html

I agree with you. Coffman, from my estimation, is a very capable west coast QB but is no all-conference type performer.

This game will come down to the play in the trenches and turnovers. Wyoming will try to stop the run and run the ball, which will be the exact plan that UND will try to execute. As a result, the winner will likely be the team that makes the least mistakes (turnovers and penalties). With Wyoming being at home, I obviously believe they have the upper-hand in that category. UND will have to play a "clean game" in order to stay in this one. I hope Bubba has his boys disciplined and ready to go!

Go UND!

After looking at their depth chart we have a big time size advantage at most positions. They're also pulling a lot of redshirts. This game will be interesting. I just wish we could watch it....

How come?  Lack of interest?  The athletic dept should be able to get WDAZ to televise it. 

• Downvote 1

Just think, Bohl was never leaving FU for anything less than a Big 12 job. 

When he took the Wyoming job, the Fargo media and Fargo media only (Dom Izzo and Jeff "mouthpiece" Kolpack), literally made up a rumor that Wyoming was heading to the Big 12 to justify it. (everyone else giggled at this or thought it was absurd)

And now, it's so ironic to see that the job Bohl left FU for cant even stream their own home games online. 

The truth is that Wyoming is a Big Sky School on steroids.

You pretty much nailed it.

Just think, Bohl was never leaving FU for anything less than a Big 12 job. 

When he took the Wyoming job, the Fargo media and Fargo media only (Dom Izzo and Jeff "mouthpiece" Kolpack), literally made up a rumor that Wyoming was heading to the Big 12 to justify it. (everyone else giggled at this or thought it was absurd)

And now, it's so ironic to see that the job Bohl left FU for cant even stream their own home games online. 

The truth is that Wyoming is a Big Sky School on steroids.

Except the Big Sky knows how to stream games.

It is horsesh*t we can't watch the game on TV -

Anyone else pissed about this??

It's ridiculous. There needs to be at least a live webcam stream. Wyoming is way behind the 8 ball, apparently. 

Midcontinent going to Wyoming is comparable to NBC ND going on the road to televise NDSU road games. If not Midcontinent, then WDAZ would seem logical, but that likely would violate the Midcontinent agreement. 

every NDSU game is on tv. Every home game has been on TV for a long time. Even against Incarnate Word. Hell, even we have our home games televised and have for years. Why is this not the case for WYO?

I believe it is due to the TV rights per the conference and the ownership of said broadcasting rights. Could be completely wrong and I'm pissed it isn't available but I think there are more issues at play.  I'm not sure a similar model to what UND/NDSU has is allowed....again...could be 100% wrong.

I believe it is due to the TV rights per the conference and the ownership of said broadcasting rights. Could be completely wrong and I'm pissed it isn't available but I think there are more issues at play.  I'm not sure a similar model to what UND/NDSU has is allowed....again...could be 100% wrong.

This is incorrect.  The MWC allows each school to set their own broadcast schedule and contracts.  That's why Air Force has all of their games on the ESPN Network (except their 1st game which is on Root).  Boise has a handful of games on ESPN but a majority of their conference games are on CBSSN.

The one thing the conference is pushing hard is their streaming service with Campus Insiders.  They just went through a big change from Volar to CI for their streaming services.  While it is a downgrade (Volar went out of business) they are still pushing any non-televised events to the web.

This is on Wyoming and their inability to put the game on the web.  I'm surprised they don't just take their in-house video feed, mix it with radio and use that, since they have to provide video for official replay purposes.

• Upvote 1