SiouxSports.com Forum

Wyoming first up

Nodak78

Yah, single game tickets went on sale yesterday on the Wyoming website.

I like going to games up in Laramie; it's a fun little college town and the weather should be absolutely beautiful that time of year.  The boss (girlfriend) and I will be there for the game, trunk stocked with adult beverages if anyone cares to tail gate. Just shoot me a text if you care to meet up.

Dan

701-335-9035

Sounds fun, wish I was there. 

Sounds fun, wish I was there. 

Living way out in Colorado, I gotta take advantage to see UND athletics whenever I can get the chance. Hopefully UND schedules a football game agains DU sometime...oh wait, DU doesn't have a football team! ;)

• Upvote 1

Yah, single game tickets went on sale yesterday on the Wyoming website.

I like going to games up in Laramie; it's a fun little college town and the weather should be absolutely beautiful that time of year.  The boss (girlfriend) and I will be there for the game, trunk stocked with adult beverages if anyone cares to tail gate. Just shoot me a text if you care to meet up.

Dan

701-335-9035

Awesome. Me and some friends are driving up from Breckenridge. I will be sure to drop you a line. If would be fun to tailgate in the same area.

http://www.cowboyaltitude.com/2013/12/11/5199382/a-look-at-craig-bohls-contract-with-wyoming

Coaches aren't paid by getting the first game of the year against an FCS opponent on TV. 

every NDSU game is on tv. Every home game has been on TV for a long time. Even against Incarnate Word. Hell, even we have our home games televised and have for years. Why is this not the case for WYO?

Edited by geaux_sioux

every NDSU game is on tv. Every home game has been on TV for a long time. Even against Incarnate Word.

Which only further shows how far NDSU has come in terms of exposure. Many FBS programs would kill for the exposure NDSU has in the region. Wyoming is no exception.

Which only further shows how far NDSU has come in terms of exposure. Many FBS programs would kill for the exposure NDSU has in the region. Wyoming is no exception.

I'd say both schools, UND and NDSU have come a long ways in regards to exposure.  NDSU football gets great coverage regionally having all games on statewide NBC.  UND has done a better job at getting coverage to all of its core sports (men's and women's) over the last few years. 

I'd say both schools, UND and NDSU have come a long ways in regards to exposure.  NDSU football gets great coverage regionally having all games on statewide NBC.  UND has done a better job at getting coverage to all of its core sports (men's and women's) over the last few years. 

I agree, it's been great to see how far both programs have come. Living in the Minneapolis area, it's great to be able to see games on ESPN 3 and other streaming modes that have become more available.

A couple of weeks into camp and only a couple weeks away from the Wyoming game, how is the UND fanbase feeling about the outcome of this first game with the Cowboys? Given UND is an NDSU opponent only 2 weeks later, I'll be very interested to see how UND matches up against an "NDSU style" of gameplan.

I agree, it's been great to see how far both programs have come. Living in the Minneapolis area, it's great to be able to see games on ESPN 3 and other streaming modes that have become more available.

Same for me. I am very happy to be able to watch the games on streams as TV coverage is often hard to get out here. 

Fortunately Laramie is only a 3 hour drive so I will see that one in person. Pretty sad that a "FBS" team doesn't provide a web stream.

A couple of weeks into camp and only a couple weeks away from the Wyoming game, how is the UND fanbase feeling about the outcome of this first game with the Cowboys? Given UND is an NDSU opponent only 2 weeks later, I'll be very interested to see how UND matches up against an "NDSU style" of gameplan.

If UND beats Wyoming, the Bison may be in for a tougher game than their fanbase may think.

I think Wyoming will be much improved from last year.  They have a better QB this year that will provide ore offense.  They secondary will be young but fast.  UND will need a lot breaks to win this game.  This will be a good match up for our defense to test our secondary.  I will be interested how the OL does and our running game against a good DL.

I think Wyoming will be much improved from last year.  They have a better QB this year that will provide ore offense.  They secondary will be young but fast.  UND will need a lot breaks to win this game.  This will be a good match up for our defense to test our secondary.  I will be interested how the OL does and our running game against a good DL.

The big question mark with Wyoming is their secondary.  They can stop the run, so I don't know if UND will establish much of a running game, but they might be able to throw the ball.  On the other hand, Wyoming will probably be able run enough to get their passing game going.  I hope UND can keep up, but this is going to be a tougher game than most people here believe. 

Bohl likes to control the clock, so if Wyoming gets a lead, and can run it enough, they probably won't blow out UND.  I see a 33-17 score for Wyoming in this one. 

If UND beats Wyoming, the Bison may be in for a tougher game than their fanbase may think.

Any NDSU fan that has any knowledge of football knows a game against UND will likely be a test. Not only is the scheme UND runs on defense a scheme that typically gives NDSU trouble, it's a rivalry game. I would expect NDSU to be able to handle the nerves of a big game better than UND given their experience, but you never know.

If UND beats Wyoming or even keeps it close, many of those "overconfident" NDSU fans will even start to see that UND may provide a tough game.

Depth is a huge concern with the altitude.  UND may have more talent starting than it had last season but we are not two deep at a lot of positions yet.  Bohl and company are also familiar with the 3-4 scheme they will be seeing and will have their troops prepared.  

The big question mark with Wyoming is their secondary.  They can stop the run, so I don't know if UND will establish much of a running game, but they might be able to throw the ball.  On the other hand, Wyoming will probably be able run enough to get their passing game going.  I hope UND can keep up, but this is going to be a tougher game than most people here believe. 

Bohl likes to control the clock, so if Wyoming gets a lead, and can run it enough, they probably won't blow out UND.  I see a 33-17 score for Wyoming in this one. 

I'm thinking this one will be closer than most people think:     24-17 Wyoming.  I don't see our D giving up more than 24, but we shall see.

Any NDSU fan that has any knowledge of football knows a game against UND will likely be a test. Not only is the scheme UND runs on defense a scheme that typically gives NDSU trouble, it's a rivalry game. I would expect NDSU to be able to handle the nerves of a big game better than UND given their experience, but you never know.

If UND beats Wyoming or even keeps it close, many of those "overconfident" NDSU fans will even start to see that UND may provide a tough game.

4 time NC vs a team who hasn't seen .500 at the end of the season since 2011 puts NDSU in a huge advantage. NDSU is reloading we are rebuilding, Wyoming will tell where this team is at and possibly where we are headed.