SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

Yes they did allow re-entry. You had to get a wrist band before walking out. However, where they put the wrist band booth was dumb and me and a buddy of mine 

walked out into the lobby to get a wrist band and had a hell of a time getting back in... So we will see how that goes this year.

I'll plead guilty to the second. I bought a Saturday ticket so that I can watch a Sioux game with my young son. He wouldn't be able to make it through two consecutive games, so we'll skip whichever game UND is not playing in. Everyone has their own situation going on.

I get the young kids situation totally...talking more about the 20somethings rushing to the bar or the 50 and over crowd trying to hit 9:00 pm curfew.

I'm thinking about going to the games this weekend but I'm having trouble finding out if I need tickets for my girls... is there an age limit cutoff?

I believe the policy at the X was 2 and under were free, anything over was a "lap ticket" for $5 or $10. That was a long time ago though.

I know UND fans just look at this as an excuse, but this is at least partly why the Gophers sucked in 3rd place games at the Final Five. That's a tough turnaround for any team. I can't believe anyone still thinks 3rd place games are a good idea.

LOL! For years, we've been spoon-fed the line that the Gophers in the 7:00 pm Friday game was designed to boost attendance, allow more local (meaning Minnesota) fans a chance to buy tickets without missing work, bolster TV ratings, blah blah blah...now it's "well, we would have played better on Saturdays had we not had to stay up so late on Friday nights."

That's almost as funny as one GPL suggestion that the B10 is so important to college hockey that the NCAA needs to consider two teams from that conference being "guaranteed" an NCAA tournament berth.

I get off at 6:00am est here, is that enough time to make the early game? :)

I just did the trip to Oxford from western MN for the UND series. You have to stay west of Chicago, come up through Bloomington, IL. It is about 725 miles from Oxford, with a Google Maps driving time of just over 11 hours. You do gain the hour going to the Central Time zone. But leaving right at 6 am gives you 11 hours of time before game 1. You can make up time by speeding a bit, but I would guess that you would get to the first game maybe by the end of the first period unless you are a really dedicated hockey fan. Then you might make it at about puck drop by speeding just a little. You don't need to seriously speed, just push it a little, say 5 -6 mph. You would hit the Twin Cities just before rush hour traffic got too serious.

LOL! For years, we've been spoon-fed the line that the Gophers in the 7:00 pm Friday game was designed to boost attendance, allow more local (meaning Minnesota) fans a chance to buy tickets without missing work, bolster TV ratings, blah blah blah...now it's "well, we would have played better on Saturdays had we not had to stay up so late on Friday nights."

That's almost as funny as one GPL suggestion that the B10 is so important to college hockey that the NCAA needs to consider two teams from that conference being "guaranteed" an NCAA tournament berth.

I couldn't find that on GPL.

Just saying the same thing Starman avatar just did. I know Miami won't have but a few there, but anyone in attendance would be crazy not to want to catch both games. I get off at 6:00am est here, is that enough time to make the early game? :)

As someone who has made the drive from Oxford to Minneapolis, you MIGHT be able to make it for the LATE game haha. 

Page 25 in NCAA 2014/2015 thread...sent you a PM.

After reading that two things come to mind. 1). This is what happens when you rush to create a conference with only 6 teams. 2). Minnesota (the favorite to win the national title) and Michigan should be feasting on the other 4 teams in the B1G.

He does seem to go out of his way to discount UND winning the toughest conference in the NCAA in every one of his "articles."  He is purely a click-bait POS who likes to rile up the largest NCAA hockey fan base.

He says Miami and Denver are both pretty strong in goal.  I guess Zane is just OK.  Not sure why this guy won't guve UND any respect.  I guess we will just hate to hoist the trophy in April in Boston to prove it to him!!

He does seem to go out of his way to discount UND winning the toughest conference in the NCAA in every one of his "articles."  He is purely a click-bait POS who likes to rile up the largest NCAA hockey fan base.

Bingo, he's trolling a fan base.

Umm ok?  Not sure where you're going with this.  The Minnesota rule was for tv ratings.  And playing Saturday afternoon after losing the night semi-final was a disadvantage.  What part do you disagree with?  I know opposing fans hated the Minnesota rule but nobody hated it more than Lucia and the reason was because sometimes it would put the Gophers at a disadvantage.  it was NEVER an advantage in any way.  Whether the Gophers were playing Saturday night or Saturday afternoon they were playing a team that had more rest plain and simple.  And my initial argument still stands that this was the main reason the Gophers sucked in 3rd place games.