SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

I agree with pretty much everything you said here.  As much as I enjoyed 7th/McGovern's/Tom Reid's, and as down as I've been about the condition of the TC, I'm still going back this year - and will be taking a different approach in trying not to compare so much.  Last year was all about "I wonder how this will stack up?", but this year the tourney will have a better chance of standing on it's own.

This year will be better than last year, and last year wasn't even bad.  Target Center gets no love, but it works just fine as a hockey venue.  It's all about watching UND, with thousands of UND fans.  I don't care where they play!  See you all at the Pourhouse!

• Upvote 1

This year will be better than last year, and last year wasn't even bad.  Target Center gets no love, but it works just fine as a hockey venue.  It's all about watching UND, with thousands of UND fans.  I don't care where they play!  See you all at the Pourhouse!

Couldn't agree more about could care less where they play. Drop the puck and Go Sioux!!!!

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. 

Confirmed:  My wife doesn't post on SiouxSports under the handle "siouxforcefans"...............................

I agree.  In my previous post I did not intend to communicate that I felt it was a bad experience.    It just wasn't quite the Final Five experience we've grown so accustomed to over the last decade +.    I actually like the downtown Mpls location as it's even closer to my house, and there are plenty of socializing opportunities close by, more so than at the X IMO.   Looking forward to how this tournament experience develops over the next few years, especially as Target Center is updated.

Schlossman (et al) putting out there that UND in the early game gives them more rest for Saturday and that historically teams playing early Friday do better on Saturday. 

UND, as the tourney's top seed, probably requested early game for more rest Saturday. Teams with more rest have better record historically.

Makes sense from a competitive standpoint (giving the highest seed the biggest advantage), but still a highly surprising decision.  The late game will have a lot of empty seats, which is not a good way to showcase your prime time, nationally televised match up.  This will also hurt ticket sales, as fewer UND and St. Cloud fans that live in or near the Twin Cities will take time off work to go to an afternoon game than those that would have gone to a night game.

Makes sense from a competitive standpoint (giving the highest seed the biggest advantage), but still a highly surprising decision. The late game will have a lot of empty seats, which is not a good way to showcase your prime time, nationally televised match up. This will also hurt ticket sales, as fewer UND and St. Cloud fans that live in or near the Twin Cities will take time off work to go to an afternoon game than those that would have gone to a night game.

Not expecting many hockey fans to show up for either game huh?

So why are the tickets so expensive this year?  $80.75 for one ticket?  The fees are a lot higher than I remember.  This is like a Wild game.

Not sure where you're seeing that. Upper deck 5th row and back tickets are $31.50 each for both games on Friday or Saturday. with the fee's it comes to $85.62 for 2 people to go to both games either night. Not bad.

Thinking about just buying tickets on Friday at the game. Would save $21.50 I believe and there is no f'n way this thing sells out.

Makes sense from a competitive standpoint (giving the highest seed the biggest advantage), but still a highly surprising decision.  The late game will have a lot of empty seats, which is not a good way to showcase your prime time, nationally televised match up.  This will also hurt ticket sales, as fewer UND and St. Cloud fans that live in or near the Twin Cities will take time off work to go to an afternoon game than those that would have gone to a night game.

Kinda dumb that they put both 'local' team in the early game... Doesn't really make sense...

Not expecting many hockey fans to show up for either game huh?

There will be plenty of fans for the UND/SCSU game and maybe Miami/Denver will benefit from some of those fans staying.  I know I'll stay to watch it as it should be a good game.  As far as Denver and Miami fans, hopefully they can crack the 100 fan mark once you combine the two fanbases.

Not sure where you're seeing that. Upper deck 5th row and back tickets are $31.50 each for both games on Friday or Saturday. with the fee's it comes to $85.62 for 2 people to go to both games either night. Not bad.

Thinking about just buying tickets on Friday at the game. Would save $21.50 I believe and there is no f'n way this thing sells out.

$80.75 for lowers...with the fees.

I get it that there a tons of people that have to work and won't be able to catch the entire game.  Myself included.  But stop and think about what really matters here.  Do you want the team to have the best chance of winning, or to make it easy for you to watch the game.  They will deffinetly have an advantage over Denver or Miami as they will have more time off between games, no matter if they win or lose.  Sure the prime time game on CBS Sports would look better with a full crowd.  But I am more concerend with having the best opportunity to win than making the ratings look good in prime time.  Get used to it folks, because we will have the early game in Fargo a week later.  That is what is best for the team to be successful and that is what we all want right?!!