SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

It's amazing how much trouble people outside of ND have in differentiating between the 2 schools. It seems something like this happens every year.

It is amazing, isn't it? It's almost got to be on purpose since it happens with such regularity.

I work three blocks from there. I will stop at pete's tomorrow and ask them to remove it. I will bring a coworker friend who play defensive end for the Sioux back in the 90's who lost his last game against the smelly bovines.

Be sure to provide them with a different logo.   :whistling:

• Upvote 1

Most of the offense actually comes from the writer, not what he wrote.  Check out his Twitter feed some time if you want to see why many here are bothered by him.

Looking forward to a good game on Friday.  As for you being surrounded by us, well, yeah, you will be, ha-ha!  Fortunately, we tend to be a pretty fun-loving group - just don't judge us based on the few bad apples (every fan base has some), and we'll extend you the same courtesy  :)

No, I know what you mean… I've read his stuff before.  "UND, despite being the #1 team by every meaningful measure, is just a so-so #1."  

I still expect a good game, but not good news for Cardinal and Black fans: Prochno is out for the weekend after getting hurt in Grand Forks two weekends ago but playing in Omaha, and now Kossila is a game-time decision after taking a CFB major and game DQ from UNO's Cooper Saturday.  

No, I know what you mean… I've read his stuff before. "UND, despite being the #1 team by every meaningful measure, is just a so-so #1."

I still expect a good game, but not good news for Cardinal and Black fans: Prochno is out for the weekend after getting hurt in Grand Forks two weekends ago but playing in Omaha, and now Kossila is a game-time decision after taking a CFB major and game DQ from UNO's Cooper Saturday.

Oh wow. Both big injuries. Two very good players.

I want to post an image i received in an e-mail.....can you just cut and paste or how does it work to post it? Thanks in advance.

I've also used imugr.com in the past as well.  Save it to your computer, upload it to the site and then paste the link and it should work.  Only works on non-mobile devices, not sure how to do it on a phone.

It's amazing how much trouble people outside of ND have in differentiating between the 2 schools.  It seems something like this happens every year.

I put it to intellectual or detail laziness. Yes. Laziness. There. I said it. :D 

Last fall I heard many people refer to FSU as "Florida". If you try to explain the Winston kid plays for "Florida State" or "FSU" they just nod, and say "Florida" again.  :blink:

No, no, no, I'm pretty sure "Random Dude" was doing the BTHC play-by-play on BTN yesterday, with "Some Guy" doing color. :D

Careful, if you talk about the B1G tournament more than a few times, they start to count you in the attendance number.

Careful, if you talk about the B1G tournament more than a few times, they start to count you in the attendance number.

Too late, I received an email notice thanking me for attending as the empty seat by the empty seat behind the empty seats a row over and a row behind the empty seats behind the home bench. At least I wasn't the empty seat behind all the empty seats in the upper deck. 

Too late, I received an email notice thanking me for attending as the empty seat by the empty seat behind the empty seats a row over and a row behind the empty seats behind the home bench. At least I wasn't the empty seat behind all the empty seats in the upper deck.

Hang on to that ticket stub. In 20 years when they're playing at Ohio state's women's rink you can tell the grandkids you saw the big ten conference in its prime.

Hang on to that ticket stub. In 20 years when they're playing at Ohio state's women's rink you can tell the grandkids you saw the big ten conference in its prime.

In 20 years you can tell the grand kids you were at the NCHC conference tournament and they'll reply, "what's the NCHC???"

In 20 years you can tell the grand kids you were at the NCHC conference tournament and they'll reply, "what's the NCHC???"

You can then tell them it was the conference that was dissolved because it was winning to many of the championships.

It's the conference that dissolved after North Dakota became a hockey-only affiliate member of the B1G. ;):D