SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

Pretty cool that I pay double for my tickets by paying many months in advance...

Yeah it's a little crazy that they are over 50% cheaper. My wife just bought 3 tickets to Friday and 2 tickets to Saturday for $100 total. no fees. Those tickets were like $41.25 each. We just saved $100 by waiting to buy tickets. Likely not as close of seats as some, but for the money who cares.

This tells me they likely haven't sold many tickets yet.

Yeah it's a little crazy that they are over 50% cheaper. My wife just bought 3 tickets to Friday and 2 tickets to Saturday for $100 total. no fees. Those tickets were like $41.25 each. We just saved $100 by waiting to buy tickets. Likely not as close of seats as some, but for the money who cares.

Yeah, it kind of sucks.  I think my pair was $160 after fees.  They are literally dead center ice, aisle seats as close as you can be in the cheaper price point so Im not real upset, but I could have dealt with different seats for half the price

Gee, you think that moving UND to early game helped sell tickets to all the alumni that had to work their jobs in Minneapolis metro?  Could have sold more by having the golden goose at night.

Gee, you think that moving UND to early game helped sell tickets to all the alumni that had to work their jobs in Minneapolis metro?  Could have sold more by having the golden goose at night.

Probably not that many more. As a lot of people probably requested to get off work two hours early months ago.

Fyi. one game at the frozen four is on a Thursday during work hours. You might wanna try and get off early that day too.

Anyone hear about the shooting lastbnite there

It's not uncommon.  there was a pack of youths that descended upon downtown last night causing destruction.  Travel in packs downtown and don't find yourself drunk wandering around by yourself. i'm talking to you Proudsioux.  make sure the GOBC has your back.  :D

• Upvote 1

Probably not that many more. As a lot of people probably requested to get off work two hours early months ago.

Fyi. one game at the frozen four is on a Thursday during work hours. You might wanna try and get off early that day too.

I took the entire week off just in case. Was originally planning on making the trip if they made it, but don't think that's in the finances anymore.

It's not uncommon.  there was a pack of youths that descended upon downtown last night causing destruction.  Travel in packs downtown and don't find yourself drunk wandering around by yourself. i'm talking to you Proudsioux.  make sure the GOBC has your back.  :D

What if he's face down in the gutter? 

Sure, there are a lot of people that have had tickets for months.  And of course they'll request the time off work.  But there are a lot of UND alumni that live in the Twin Cities that might have purchased a ticket this week or walk-up to take in a game, but they're not going to take time off of work to do it.  I know quite a few people that fall into that category.  Not everyone is a hardcore uber fan.  

I think its funny you guys took offense to the article, bc UND is only referred to as the favorite but not by a huge margin.  You realize that SCSU is mentioned only once, and it was to denote which team UND will beat "with ease" in the semis, right?  :D  Of course UND's the favorite, but its not like we're American International (or Wisconsin). 

Good luck tomorrow... might as well get some good karma with you guys since I'll be surrounded by you all weekend. 

I think its funny you guys took offense to the article, bc UND is only referred to as the favorite but not by a huge margin.  You realize that SCSU is mentioned only once, and it was to denote which team UND will beat "with ease" in the semis, right?  :D  Of course UND's the favorite, but its not like we're American International (or Wisconsin). 

Good luck tomorrow... might as well get some good karma with you guys since I'll be surrounded by you all weekend. 

Most of the offense actually comes from the writer, not what he wrote.  Check out his Twitter feed some time if you want to see why many here are bothered by him.

Looking forward to a good game on Friday.  As for you being surrounded by us, well, yeah, you will be, ha-ha!  Fortunately, we tend to be a pretty fun-loving group - just don't judge us based on the few bad apples (every fan base has some), and we'll extend you the same courtesy :)

It shouldn't be 21+ for pregame festivities or even after UND plays.  After the late game, however, most likely 21+.  I would guess the cutoff time would be around 10 PM.

This is correct.  I just called the Pourhouse and they said minors are allowed until 10PM.

• Upvote 1

Yeah SCSU got no respect in that article. I expect a great game from them with their season being on the line this weekend.