SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

IRC they have a bar in the lobby that closed really early. I prepared though. I brought a huge cooler full of Miller Lites and Bud Light LIimes. 

oy, if you're that worried about calories, why not drink Guinness and get some flavor instead of your Miller Lites?    Guinness only has about 126 calories to 12 oz where Miller Lite has 96 per 12oz.    I'll "suffer" those 30 calories in that trade any day.

• Upvote 2

IRC they have a bar in the lobby that closed really early. I prepared though. I brought a huge cooler full of Miller Lites and Bud Light LIimes.

I like to have a little Moosehead if I'm looking for a light airy concoction.

But a Labatt always = a good tiem s nxhcksksunm

Anyone ever get any reason why they wouldn't sell packages anywhere but in the corners?  All the seats towards the center of the ice can't already be taken, so why would you prevent people from buying packages there?   Are they trying to maintain areas so when they know what teams make it, they can put their fans in the same section?  Kind of confused with the reasoning, because I know people who wanted to buy tickets but didn't because all they could get were the corners.  

'tnt' I looked online today and found tickets in the middle of the ice seats(granted they were in about row S). I looked for 2 ticket packages for the weekend and nearly all sections had available seats so maybe you weren't finding tickets because you had more than that? Just a thought.

'tnt' I looked online today and found tickets in the middle of the ice seats(granted they were in about row S). I looked for 2 ticket packages for the weekend and nearly all sections had available seats so maybe you weren't finding tickets because you had more than that? Just a thought.

Curious to where you saw that?  I also looked for 2 ticket packages in the lower level and the only tickets left were on the corners and ends.

On Schlossman's twitter, someone has brackets for the NCHC tournament.   I thought they reseed after this weekend, but looking at that, I don't know if that's the case.  Is this different from the old WCHA tourney?

oy, if you're that worried about calories, why not drink Guinness and get some flavor instead of your Miller Lites?    Guinness only has about 126 calories to 12 oz where Miller Lite has 96 per 12oz.    I'll "suffer" those 30 calories in that trade any day.

I like Guinness myself.

On Schlossman's twitter, someone has brackets for the NCHC tournament.   I thought they reseed after this weekend, but looking at that, I don't know if that's the case.  Is this different from the old WCHA tourney?

YEah, not sure why they did that.  Teams get reseeded.  Remember, we played Miami in the semi finals last year since they were the lowest seed to get there and we were the highest seed there.  Otherwise we would have played Denver last year in the semis.

Regarding how cold it was in the upper level last year: They had the AIR Conditioning on in the upper level. I'm positive. We were sitting under a vert and it blow freezing cold air (possibly just outside air?) into the arena during the entire game. If you weren't right under a vert it wasn't quite as bad but it was very cold. I would suggest bringing in a jacket and possibly gloves if sitting in the upper level. No kidding. Also, lots of $$ for the $10 beers.

Regarding how cold it was in the upper level last year: They had the AIR Conditioning on in the upper level. I'm positive. We were sitting under a vert and it blow freezing cold air (possibly just outside air?) into the arena during the entire game. If you weren't right under a vert it wasn't quite as bad but it was very cold. I would suggest bringing in a jacket and possibly gloves if sitting in the upper level. No kidding. Also, lots of $$ for the $10 beers.

Well this year it seems to be much warmer so hopefully that air blowing in isn't quite as bad!

I hope these temps keep up because that fanfest was a great time despite freezing my butt off last year.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0069/5234/2015_NCHC_Tournament_Bracket.pdf

Link to bracket. If Und gets by cc they will be the number one seed but nchc still lists both game start times for both games on Friday. Who decides what teams get what start times? Does the top seed choose? Or the nchc to maximize ticket sales?

UND was the higheest seed last year but they played the late game.  With Denver, Miami, and Western the other teams there last year, the NCHC put UND as the late game Friday to maximize ticket sales and attendance.  Not sure if the schools had any control over that.  I guess we will wait and see how many other "driving distance" schools make it.  If 1 or two make it, expect UND to be the early game.  Which is what I would prefer to allow our guys the most time off before potentially playing Saturday.

UND was the higheest seed last year but they played the late game. With Denver, Miami, and Western the other teams there last year, the NCHC put UND as the late game Friday to maximize ticket sales and attendance. Not sure if the schools had any control over that. I guess we will wait and see how many other "driving distance" schools make it. If 1 or two make it, expect UND to be the early game. Which is what I would prefer to allow our guys the most time off before potentially playing Saturday.

Gotcha I guess I didn't read the lower left hand corner of this. Fenton decides the time slots. If guess if at cloud and or duluth make it and one of them isn't playing und in game one, they will give them the night game to maximize attendance. Nchc prolly figures if und is in the tourney their fans will show up either way.

Gotcha I guess I didn't read the lower left hand corner of this. Fenton decides the time slots. If guess if at cloud and or duluth make it and one of them isn't playing und in game one, they will give them the night game to maximize attendance. Nchc prolly figures if und is in the tourney their fans will show up either way.

I kind of hope the tourney is UND, SCSU, UMD, and Miami. Less chance for dropping in the Pairwise with those teams and atmosphere should improve a lot on last year.