SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone on the fence, GO to this.  It is a ton of fun, 80% UND fans, the NCHC does a great job. Year two will be even better after they look at what worked and didn't.  If you are into pregame parties, UND fans took over The Pourhouse last year.  Assuming the party will be here again.  This place has a ton of room in it, not like you are packed in like the bars in St Paul before the old Final Five.  Marriott City Center will be all green, super close to Target Center and bars and restaurants.

For anyone on the fence, GO to this.  It is a ton of fun, 80% UND fans, the NCHC does a great job. Year two will be even better after they look at what worked and didn't.  If you are into pregame parties, UND fans took over The Pourhouse last year.  Assuming the party will be here again.  This place has a ton of room in it, not like you are packed in like the bars in St Paul before the old Final Five.  Marriott City Center will be all green, super close to Target Center and bars and restaurants.

Absolutely agree, I have already bought tickets and a hotel room so I'll be going regardless.  I had a great time last year and although it's not the X I do think Minneapolis has a bit more to offer in terms of restaurants, bars, nightlife etc. before and after the games.

Was in a suite last year,didn't notice it unusually cold. Usually warmer in the upper than lower bowl in an hockey arena. Heat rises.

I  an tell you this, I froze in the press box, I actually wore my  Sioux Sports stocking cap. 

I haven't received mine either.

The last 2 years (1st year of Final Faceoff and last year of F5), my tickets never arrived to me (maybe they don't ship to AZ?).  So both times I had to get new tickets printed and pick them up at the arena.

Very strange, I hope I get mine this year!  :)

Technically not correct. St Cloud State was the top seed, but was eliminated by Miami in the first round. North Dakota was the highest remaining seed.

I think technically UND was the top seed in the Frozen Faceoff, because I think they reseed after the first round. 

Anyone remember/know when the tickets will be mailed? I still haven't received mine and debating contacting them.

I contacted my Target Center contact yesterday (who previously told me the tickets would be mailed out Friday Feb 20th at the latest) and she said the tickets are still on her desk and she plans to get them mailed out today or tomorrow. Not real organized and annoying to me since I have a suite and need to distribute 22 tickets. I don't understand why they weren't mailed out a month ago.

Anyone ever get any reason why they wouldn't sell packages anywhere but in the corners?  All the seats towards the center of the ice can't already be taken, so why would you prevent people from buying packages there?   Are they trying to maintain areas so when they know what teams make it, they can put their fans in the same section?  Kind of confused with the reasoning, because I know people who wanted to buy tickets but didn't because all they could get were the corners.  

Anyone ever get any reason why they wouldn't sell packages anywhere but in the corners?  All the seats towards the center of the ice can't already be taken, so why would you prevent people from buying packages there?   Are they trying to maintain areas so when they know what teams make it, they can put their fans in the same section?  Kind of confused with the reasoning, because I know people who wanted to buy tickets but didn't because all they could get were the corners.  

The seats in the middle may be for ticket renewals from last year.

The seats in the middle may be for ticket renewals from last year.

I believe this is correct.  I have 7 seats at center ice.  I bought them the second they went on sale last year, which is actually when you were buying seats but didn't even know where they would be.  I renewed them this year, and actually tried to move my seats up a few rows.  They worked with me a little bit, but it sounded like the middle sections are in fact sold out.

The center ice tickets i believe are sold out, unless you wanted to buy single game tickets. I know a lot of people complained last year about sight lines last year and the center ice seats were the best ones. 

The center ice tickets i believe are sold out, unless you wanted to buy single game tickets. I know a lot of people complained last year about sight lines last year and the center ice seats were the best ones. 

I find that hard to believe that it is sold out when they were half empty last year.  Also, why would you be able to buy single tickets if they are being saved for ticket packages from last year or if they are sold out.  My friend was told he could get those seats once single game tickets went on sale.  Usually they want you to buy packages, so if single game tickets hadn't yet been on sale, those seats should have been available for the whole tournament. 

I find that hard to believe that it is sold out when they were half empty last year.  Also, why would you be able to buy single tickets if they are being saved for ticket packages from last year or if they are sold out.  My friend was told he could get those seats once single game tickets went on sale.  Usually they want you to buy packages, so if single game tickets hadn't yet been on sale, those seats should have been available for the whole tournament. 

I'd maybe try calling the Target Ctr box office, they may be able to shed some light on it for you. I used to go there to buy my tix and they were always very helpful with seat selection for me.

Ticket renewal packages were due around mid-September (that's when I had it flagged in email), so those tickets should have already been taken.

i know it was hardly sold out last year but the people that went last year know where the best seats are now and bought the best tickets (ones with the best sight lines) they could. i went down to the target center the other day and picked mine up and this is what they told me.