SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2015

gfhockey

If a person goes to the 4:00 game(no matter who you're rooting for) and doesn't stick around for a Denver/Miami matchup......you really can't classify yourself as fan of college hockey.

If only hard core fans went to games, there would be a lot less people at every game.  A lot of UND and St Cloud fans will choose to go to the bar, out to dinner, or go home, than stay and watch a game in which they have no rooting interest.  That's just a reality, regardless of how good of a fan you consider them to be.

There will be plenty of fans for the UND/SCSU game and maybe Miami/Denver will benefit from some of those fans staying. I know I'll stay to watch it as it should be a good game. As far as Denver and Miami fans, hopefully they can crack the 100 fan mark once you combine the two fanbases.

Just saying the same thing Starman avatar just did. I know Miami won't have but a few there, but anyone in attendance would be crazy not to want to catch both games. I get off at 6:00am est here, is that enough time to make the early game? :)

If a person goes to the 4:00 game(no matter who you're rooting for) and doesn't stick around for a Denver/Miami matchup......you really can't classify yourself as fan of college hockey.

Never could figure out fans paying for tickets and either a) leaving with 1:45 left in the game or b) not going to the game at all.

I get it that there a tons of people that have to work and won't be able to catch the entire game.  Myself included.  But stop and think about what really matters here.  Do you want the team to have the best chance of winning, or to make it easy for you to watch the game.  They will deffinetly have an advantage over Denver or Miami as they will have more time off between games, no matter if they win or lose.  Sure the prime time game on CBS Sports would look better with a full crowd.  But I am more concerend with having the best opportunity to win than making the ratings look good in prime time.  Get used to it folks, because we will have the early game in Fargo a week later.  That is what is best for the team to be successful and that is what we all want right?!!

From a competition standpoint, it's probably better for UND to get the early game. I'm just surprised the league would do it.  Most of the time, the league is going to consider other factors - like what is better for television ratings and what will be better for ticket sales.  In other words, the league usually cares about money.

The early semifinal slot is nicer in case, God forbid, we have to turn around and play a 3rd place game Saturday.  This could be part of the "historically better" Saturday results for the Friday afternoon participants. 

I know UND fans just look at this as an excuse, but this is at least partly why the Gophers sucked in 3rd place games at the Final Five.  That's a tough turnaround for any team.  I can't believe anyone still thinks 3rd place games are a good idea. BTW, if you guys could please beat SCSU and then make sure Miami/DU does the same on Saturday that would be appreciated.  

Never could figure out fans paying for tickets and either a) leaving with 1:45 left in the game or b) not going to the game at all.

I'll plead guilty to the second.  I bought a Saturday ticket so that I can watch a Sioux game with my young son.  He wouldn't be able to make it through two consecutive games, so we'll skip whichever game UND is not playing in.  Everyone has their own situation going on.  

I know UND fans just look at this as an excuse, but this is at least partly why the Gophers sucked in 3rd place games at the Final Five.  That's a tough turnaround for any team.  I can't believe anyone still thinks 3rd place games are a good idea. BTW, if you guys could please beat SCSU and then make sure Miami/DU does the same on Saturday that would be appreciated.  

I think it's kind of a requirement when you only have four teams in the tournament.  There isn't going to much hockey without a 3rd place game.  I think once the NCHC adds more teams and expands the tournament format, you might see them get rid of the 3rd place game.

Ask last years UND team if they thought it was a good idea.  Also, you rip on third place games but are cheering for St Cloud to lose in a 3rd place game to help out the Gophers!!  So if St Cloud loses on Saturday and it allows the Gophers to make the tournament, I guess you could say that you think that they are a good idea!!! :)

I know UND fans just look at this as an excuse, but this is at least partly why the Gophers sucked in 3rd place games at the Final Five. That's a tough turnaround for any team. I can't believe anyone still thinks 3rd place games are a good idea. BTW, if you guys could please beat SCSU and then make sure Miami/DU does the same on Saturday that would be appreciated.

I don't want cloud to win until they beat Denver in the early game Saturday.

Ask last years UND team if they thought it was a good idea.  Also, you rip on third place games but are cheering for St Cloud to lose in a 3rd place game to help out the Gophers!!  So if St Cloud loses on Saturday and it allows the Gophers to make the tournament, I guess you could say that you think that they are a good idea!!! :)

You may have me on that one.  :)  

$80.75 for lowers...with the fees.

Yeah, but I was just pointing out cheaper tickets were available. You don't have to buy the most expensive tickets... That's $40 per game for lower bowl playoff tickets. Not really that expensive.

Yeah, but I was just pointing out cheaper tickets were available. You don't have to buy the most expensive tickets... That's $40 per game for lower bowl playoff tickets. Not really that expensive.

I didn't realize the $80 got you both games.