SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

8 hours ago, 77iceman said:

G'nR should not be played at all, IMO.  Really, can't we find something that isn't used by 2,376,455 other teams?!!

anything....seriously...anything would be better.

and i actually like g'nr.

Well there is that....I was just commenting on the production itself. But yeah, song choice (before and during game) is another area of improvement.

Also, not related to the crappy game entertainment production. They need to announce the scholarship giveaway around the 30 second mark left in the 4th. Man, that was a kick in the nuts to see all of the students herd their way to the doors after the name was announced.

This suggestion is not the Alerus Center's to fix, but does anyone know why the football team doesn't sing the school song to the student section after each game?  I've always enjoyed that aspect of the game and have seen visiting teams do it in the Alerus.  Montana comes to mind.  It's great for them to give "high fives" after the game...to those in the front row. I think it would be more powerful to do the school song...can still give high fives afterwards.

EDIT:  I know there are former players on this board, so if you have any insight on this, feel free to respond.  I did send an email to Bubba as well. :)

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

This suggestion is not the Alerus Center's to fix, but does anyone know why the football team doesn't sing the school song to the student section after each game?  I've always enjoyed that aspect of the game and have seen visiting teams do it in the Alerus.  Montana comes to mind.  It's great for them to give "high fives" after the game...to those in the front row. I think it would be more powerful to do the school song...can still give high fives afterwards.

Probably due to the FB players being the only students on campus who know the song.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Wildfan said:

Probably due to the FB players being the only students on campus who know the song.

You are probably right.  But I think this could be another step in getting students to buy into the program and build some school pride between the students and the team.  Initially there will probably be more players singing than students in the crowd, but you have to start somewhere.  I get chills when I see other schools do this, whether it's on tv or in person.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, ibleedgreen said:

Well there is that....I was just commenting on the production itself. But yeah, song choice (before and during game) is another area of improvement.

Also, not related to the crappy game entertainment production. They need to announce the scholarship giveaway around the 30 second mark left in the 4th. Man, that was a kick in the nuts to see all of the students herd their way to the doors after the name was announced.

sorry i came across so harsh.  i just listen to so many people complain about the name and logo not being unique . . . then they want the exact same production as everyone else for everything else.

the whole production of that game was kind of a mess, it seemed.  luckily the exciting game made up for it!!

38 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

EDIT:  I know there are former players on this board, so if you have any insight on this, feel free to respond.  I did send an email to Bubba as well. :)

Yes I know I'm quoting myself.  Not so surprisingly, Bubba already responded to my email.  Nice to see he responds to emails...even if there isn't a monetary donation involved ;)

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Yes I know I'm quoting myself.  Not so surprisingly, Bubba already responded to my email.  Nice to see he responds to emails...even if there isn't a monetary donation involved ;)

yes I sent Bubba a couple emails.  one last year and one this past week.  He answer very prompt.  I was not expecting a reply.  Bubba has impressed in many ways.

I would like them to sing it to the fans as well.  Students for sure.  I believe that would build more pride.

6 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

please, please, please!!!!!  please can we get this on the big video monitor and edit the video a bit to make it look like he's chanting "U  N  D"??!!!

This would be excellent to put on the video board before the opposing team kicks a field goal, very similar to what Minnesota has done with the Dramatic Chipmunk.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

This would be excellent to put on the video board before the opposing team kicks a field goal, very similar to what Minnesota has done with the Dramatic Chipmunk.

Haha, that is hilarious, I've never seen that. We should totally do that with the Hawk.

• 4 weeks later...