SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

11 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Can we get a live Hawk to fly around the stadium before the kickoff? (I am serious about this idea.  Would be pretty sweet). Auburn fans seemed to get pretty jacked up about it!!

It was looked into-  couldn't find the right owner.  Most birds are trained hunters and killers.  These 'show' birds are much harder to find.  Then you have to deal with costs and risk......but it was explored pretty hard.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UND-1 said:

The goal horn sound on third down.  Everyone would know what to do when they heard it.

That is a great idea! Someone needs to get that idea (goal horn) to headquarters, especially since we own the latest Natty.  Other teams would wonder what the hell is that? And, they would learn!

17 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Glad to see they are trying new things though. I love the curious hawk, during the opponents field goal attempts. I know someone on here suggested it, and then I saw it going when I was at the Cal Poly game. Love it.

They could add one more thing with the Hawk.  After the opponent miss the FG attempt the hawk flies away and in it's talons drops the Opponents mascot in mid flight.

14 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Whats needed at the AL:

To hand out a pizza in the student section on every down when und is on d.....man they were loud when the pizza was being handed out!  Can bubba arrange 100-150ish pizzas for weber?? 

I've got it. Free pizza handout thing for every false start on the opposing team

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Whats needed at the AL:

To hand out a pizza in the student section on every down when und is on d.....man they were loud when the pizza was being handed out!  Can bubba arrange 100-150ish pizzas for weber?? 

12 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

I've got it. Free pizza handout thing for every false start on the opposing team

Now we are on to something!!!

• Upvote 2

Can we get a announcement similar to third down on our first defensive play, or alot more on defense? Something to trigger people to get loud or atleast stand. "Your Fighting Hawks are on DEFENSE, GET ON YOUR FEET, GET LOUD". I don't get why other schools in the region and the Montana's get it. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Can we get a announcement similar to third down on our first defensive play, or alot more on defense? Something to trigger people to get loud or atleast stand. "Your Fighting Hawks are on DEFENSE, GET ON YOUR FEET, GET LOUD". I don't get why other schools in the region and the Montana's get it. 

These other schools you talking about have been winning for a while. It takes time to build/rebuild a strong fan base and winning is a big prerequisite. Fans encouraging other not so involved fans to get supportive is a bonus.

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

So, they are going to turn the screeching hawk noise down so our ears don't bleed...right, Alerus Center person reading this post?

I sat in the 8th row of section 217, right behind the SUU fans. My ears never hurt so much before, granted I wasn't in a US War. I was putting my fingers in my ears cuz of the loud speakers. The SUU fans really taught that was of poor taste, and I have to agree with them. Like mentioned here, ears were bleeding, is the best way to explain it. They really need to turn that down some. I normally sit like off the 35 yard line, how was the noise in the center stands, was this noise this bad all over, or just in certain areas?

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The people that were with me wanted to leave in the 3rd quarter, because their ears hurt so bad. I suggested to stay. I'm thinking because I bought their tickets, they felt committed to stay. Has this any effect on why the students leaving early?  Maybe not main reason, but some?

I was in 215, next to students,  and didn't hear the screech at all. Didn't know there was sound with the hawk until I saw it here. I'll be listening Saturday. 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

I was in 215, next to students,  and didn't hear the screech at all. Didn't know there was sound with the hawk until I saw it here. I'll be listening Saturday. 

I was also in 215 and it was terrible. Although the first time I thought the sound guy jacked something up. Only after repeated playing of the noise did I realize it was intentional and supposed to be a hawk.

1 hour ago, sprig said: