SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

• 4 weeks later...

So as I sat at the hockey game tonight while they did their pregame hype show and intro video, which is always first class at the REA, I couldn't help but think to myself, "man, this would be so much better if they took a page from the Alerus and left all of the lights on while this builds up, that would really amp this place up!"

• Upvote 4

Technically the lights are left on. They just have those flappy shades that cover them. I wonder what the cost would be to fit the Alerus with them?

Nowadays quotes for this stuff: $20,000,000.

You'd have to run it to some sort of switch.

Edited by Cratter

Somewhat related article.  The Alerus needs to start putting carpet or something down on the concrete beyond the end zones.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2587279-reggie-bush-reportedly-to-sue-edward-jones-dome-after-season-ending-injury?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I hope Bush wins and gets a huge settlement out of this. Having to worry about slipping on concrete that should be covered up in the first place is not "part of the game" and shouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere. The NFL generates over $10 billion of revenue each year, so I don't want to hear "it's not feasible" or "we can't afford it". Fix it now and fix it permanently or this will happen again and again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...