SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

25 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I was also in 215 and it was terrible. Although the first time I thought the sound guy jacked something up. Only after repeated playing of the noise did I realize it was intentional and supposed to be a hawk.

I must be deaf.  The whole PA system is so loud  it's distorted. Can't ever understand anything. 

3 hours ago, hky said:

People in our section were covering their ears in anticipation (once we realized that it was intentional and not a malfunction). It was BAD.  

I was in section 217 and other people were covering their ears also.  My ears were really hurting, never had that happen to me before. From comments here, seems like it was only bad in some areas? Out speaker was right above us and was very loud for pretty much every sound that came out, not just the screeching hawk. I called the Alerius today, they referred me to the UND Athletic Department, 777-2234.  So I called AD, they will check on it, very friendly.  These things sometimes take more than 1 complaint, I encourage anyone with concern to call the AD. I don't want anyone to get me wrong here, I do believe we need loud fans and support this team, but this is a little different.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I don't want anyone to get me wrong here, I do believe we need loud fans and support this team, but this is a little different.

Well absolutely we need loud fans supporting this team, in fact, we need far more of that. None of this sit back, be quiet, and take a nap on 1st and 2nd down while UND is on defense; be loud the entire time UND is on defense! For those who haven't played or watched much football, it affects the opponent big-time! Think back to 2001 playoffs in the Alerus.

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well absolutely we need loud fans supporting this team, in fact, we need far more of that. None of this sit back and be quiet on 1st and 2nd down crap while UND is on defense; be loud the entire time UND is on defense! For those who haven't played or watched much football, it affects the opponent big-time!

Completely understand your point.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The thread is titled "What's needed at the Alerus."  Many of these ideas are nitpicking!! ;)

What we immediately, very importantly, mostly need is the student section sold out for the Richmond game.  Most seats between the goal lines are sold, except student section and possible in visitors section. These are the most noise impact to the playing field seats left. Hopefully the students fill those seats, and yes a sell out would be better. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

so in two years with our new conference the alerus turf will probably have six outdated logo's on our relatively new turf (altru is bought out by sanford?)...do they cut all the outdated ones out or what?  seems like a lot of seams...does alerus financial just leave the old logo and somehow altru fights of the wolves and we only have to replace the bsc with mvfc?

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so in two years with our new conference the alerus turf will probably have six outdated logo's on our relatively new turf (altru is bought out by sanford?)...do they cut all the outdated ones out or what?  seems like a lot of seams...does alerus financial just leave the old logo and somehow altru fights of the wolves and we only have to replace the bsc with mvfc?

Would LOVE to finally see a midfield logo on the turf. Anybody know how old the turf would be when we joined MVFC? Old enough to justify a replacement? Especially with the Big Sky and outdated Alerus logos on it.

37 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Would LOVE to finally see a midfield logo on the turf. Anybody know how old the turf would be when we joined MVFC? Old enough to justify a replacement? Especially with the Big Sky and outdated Alerus logos on it.

Found the answer to my own question, it will be eight years old when we join the MVFC in 2020... The wear and tear probably won't be a cause for replacement, but I'd guess the cost to switch out all the outdated logos would be nearly as pricey as buying a new one.  Purely an assumption, however

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Speculating a bit here?  

On 1/25/2017 at 8:33 PM, Hardcore Hawk said:

Found the answer to my own question, it will be eight years old when we join the MVFC in 2020... The wear and tear probably won't be a cause for replacement, but I'd guess the cost to switch out all the outdated logos would be nearly as pricey as buying a new one.  Purely an assumption, however

I thought lifetime on a roll-up surface like that is about 10 years.