SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

• 2 months later...

What's needed at the alerus?  how about a n f'n clue...

not really an alerus thing but the intro video sucked...guys flexing and posing???

they have had weeks to get ready for the starting lineups announcements to coordinate with the video boards pictures of the players...total fail embarressing maybe got five pics up there before they gave up

took hadju about a quarter and half to let the pa guy know that bartels is not returning kicks

and the worst was the battle of the bands...honoring cam johnson and the usd band is playing right over the pa guy...

nice work guys.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

What's needed at the alerus?  how about a n f'n clue...

not really an alerus thing but the intro video sucked...guys flexing and posing???

they have had weeks to get ready for the starting lineups announcements to coordinate with the video boards pictures of the players...total fail embarressing maybe got five pics up there before they gave up

took hadju about a quarter and half to let the pa guy know that bartels is not returning kicks

and the worst was the battle of the bands...honoring cam johnson and the usd band is playing right over the pa guy...

nice work guys.

That was Hillarious!!  "Bartles on the kick return".........ugh.

Couldn't agree more.  Very bush league once again by the Alerus production crew, but unfortunately it is what I have come to expect.  Got a bit excited when the lights went out and Welcome to the Jungle fired up, but the debacle of the ensuing intro video and entrance quashed that right quick.  My wife, who really doesn't give a rat's behind about such things, just smiled and rolled her eyes at me realizing how lame it was.

I am thinking (hoping) whatever kid they have running the video boards pushed the wrong button and played the intro video and GNR out of order.  Inexcusable, but maybe it'll be better in two weeks.

1 minute ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

Ah...you and your hate-boner for Hajdu...

Your hatred runs so deep for the guy, that no matter how many people tell you, it seems to still not sink in that he does not run this sport.

If you are going to bitch and moan, at least do it right.

Jayson Hajdu (MHKY, XC, T/F) 7.2985 jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu
Ryan Powell (FB, MBB, M/WGOF) 7.2986 ryan.powell@athletics.und.edu
Ross LaDue (SOC, WHKY, SB, TN) 7.6743 ross.ladue@athletics.und.edu
Mitch Wigness (WBB, VB, BB, S/D) 7.4210 mitchell.wigness@athletics.und.edu

he's our SID...sports information...get the correct info to the guy in the booth that our 3rd string qb is not returning kicks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

Couldn't agree more.  Very bush league once again by the Alerus production crew, but unfortunately it is what I have come to expect.  Got a bit excited when the lights went out and Welcome to the Jungle fired up, but the debacle of the ensuing intro video and entrance quashed that right quick.  My wife, who really doesn't give a rat's behind about such things, just smiled and rolled her eyes at me realizing how lame it was.

I am thinking (hoping) whatever kid they have running the video boards pushed the wrong button and played the intro video and GNR out of order.  Inexcusable, but maybe it'll be better in two weeks.

Getting the lights out was good and place started ramping up with GNR, then intro killed the vibe. That intro should be played before GNR and before the team leaves the Locker Room imo. Get the anticipation up for a intro video. Maybe a music change can get the intro better, or continue playing GNR over it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Getting the lights out was good and place started ramping up with GNR, then intro killed the vibe. That intro should be played before GNR and before the team leaves the Locker Room imo. Get the anticipation up for a intro video. Maybe a music change can get the intro better, or continue playing GNR over it. 

exactly...cart before horse...it's like they are trying to do everything wrong?

With the lights off and "welcome to the jungle", the intro video and team entrance was improved over last season. In general, I enjoyed it, but there are a bunch of aspects they can improve.

Video should play before the live look of the team leaving the locker room. That simple "ordering" could potentially be changed before Oct. 1 vs Cal Poly I would hope. 

Again, though, there is work to be done in terms of general presentation at the Alerus. Im hoping it was just first game mistakes and it will improve. Increase in amount of music played was perhaps better. Just need to coordinate the intro video a bit better to raise the excitement factor. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Get the Dakota schools rotating in by joining the MVFC.  

The Big Sky is okay, but I think the old rivalries would spark more interest. 

more of a conference realignment thread post?  how would having sdsu and und in the same conference fix the error of the alerus/und thinking that our 3rd string qb is returning kickoffs?

22 hours ago, Wildfan said:

I agree with this totally. These guys need help. GNR should be played as the team is running out. To play it for a min and then quit it to play the intro was terrible. Seemed like a high school production.

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

I agree with this totally. These guys need help. GNR should be played as the team is running out. To play it for a min and then quit it to play the intro was terrible. Seemed like a high school production.

G'nR should not be played at all, IMO.  Really, can't we find something that isn't used by 2,376,455 other teams?!!

anything....seriously...anything would be better.

and i actually like g'nr.

• Upvote 1