SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

Fine consolation prize.

well at least they'll have something to cry into after they watch the replay :silly: My suggestion would be they could use them to wipe their *sses after sh*tting away the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP but I'm trying to be a gentleman here :)

Not being a douche, just making an accurate comparison. North Dakota fans wore Holy Cross jerseys in an act of spite towards Minnesota, and Minnesota fans wore the 0.6 t-shirts in an act of spite towards North Dakota. That's why I don't like it when those two teams meet head-to-head, that matchup brings out the worst in people (on both sides). I'm 43, and I highly doubt that they thought they won a NATTY in a semifinal. I trust that they are intelligent enough to realize that Union was a much better team than UND was in 2013-14. They were ecstatic over winning a semifinal by scoring a shorthanded goal with 0.6 seconds remaining in a tie game against a rival, nothing more and nothing less. If somebody is going to make snide remarks about the 0.6 t-shirts, then it is only fair to say the same logic could be applied to the Holy Cross jerseys. Can't have it both ways, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

GO UNION!!!

Goofer fans will wear 0.6 shirts and jerseys for years....itll hurt itll bring back the memory and rub a little salt in the wounds.

Gotta be honest we would probably do the same thing.

Kinda do with the HC jerseys.....its all part of the rivalry. ....I dont think its all that bad....they won this one they get the rights to it. God knows we will get our turn back.

As for the riots....im willing to bet a large % of those UM rioters actually did think they won the "ship"...judging by the empty seats at ucci it appears hockey interest is down....anyone who has ever been there and listened to their fans knows the hockey knowledge is down.

• Upvote 1

Although I hate losing to the Gophers, this team performed extremely well in the NCAA tourney. Kudos to the team and coaching staff for this great effort. I watched some of the game on Thursday, but was busy in Laramie, Wyoming and could only break away from time to time.

I successfully defended my master's degree from the University of Wyoming on Friday. Afterwards, walking out of the building to Prexy's Pasture, a young man opened the door for myself and my defense team.

He was wearing a University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux t-shirt. I said, "Go Sioux!" and he smiled and nodded.

So, to the freakshow from the University of Agriculture and Applied Science, I am a Sioux and a Cowboy. You can bend over and plant a wet one of my sweet a$$. :lol:

The game on Thursday made me really look forward to next year! Go Sioux! Go Pokes!

Weird weekend for me. We had seats in the fifth row. Real up close and personal. It was interesting watching these two heated rivals play with discipline to not jeopardize what was on the line.

They battled hard, both looked extremely talented. Watched them hit each other, talk to each other, chirp to each other, and with only one winning, I watched them show each other extreme respect in the hand shake line, talking to each other and even some hugs or manly hugs anyway. As if they were congratulating each other on a great season.

I gained respect for the Gopher hockey team for the first time in my history of supporting the Sioux.

Then...during the game there was three goofer fans sitting behind us, they walked in, sat down and started chirping! Not to me because I'm another guy, not to the guy to their left, not to the guys to their right, but to the two ladies in front of them! One Sioux fan (rather big dude) walked up to them and told them to stop! He said he was a past Sioux hockey player, sorry but I didn't know who he was.

They got worse! We eventually shut them up with trash talk because things weren't going so good for their team! Then they vanished!

Then the comments from Lucia just add to the pathetic part! Still have not seen video of this.

The riots were a fun touch also!

The Union fans around us were classy, very fun to be around, in that situation. I was thinking to myself that we Sioux fans should be supporting the only team left from the West! But how can we? Its too bad really, the Gopher players were fun to watch, and they are just like the young men we love called the Fighting Sioux, and really they are still kids! All IMO...

.6 IS different from Holy Cross.

UND fans watched a 4 seed knock of a 1 seed for the first time ever. (I think that is accurate?)

.6 is what it took for a 1 seed to beat a 4 seed. And then lose big time in the next game.

So, that's worth a riot.

• Upvote 1

.6 IS different from Holy Cross.

UND fans watched a 4 seed knock of a 1 seed for the first time ever. (I think that is accurate?)

.6 is what it took for a 1 seed to beat a 4 seed. And then lose big time in the next game.

So, that's worth a riot.

I don't really get the .6 as a shot against us, or as something to taunt us with. It's essentially an overtime loss.

We were .6 away from what?

Playing more hockey, that's what. Once we got to the last couple of minutes of that game, and certainly once we would have reached overtime, we were in a sudden death situation. Next goal wins. Whether it came with .6 seconds left in regulation or 10:08 left in overtime, doesn't really matter. One isn't more significant or heartwrenching than the other.

Now, had we been ahead, with a chance to go to the title game, and they tied it with .06 left, that would have sucked.

That's why I think the UNH loss from '09 is way worse than this one. We had that game. This one is just like the BC loss in '01 or any other OT loss in the NCAAs. Game over, season over. But what's strange is the psychological response. Because we still had a chance to win against UNH in OT, that one doesn't seem to feel as bad, even though it should be much harder to take.

What's funny is when I saw the gopher fans in the stands with the .6 shirts on, I immediately thought of Eddie Gaedel, the "little person" who got one major league at bat as a publicity stunt, and Eddie's 1/8 jersey. :lol:

http://www.baseball-...o_gallery.shtml

But, however they want to roll is fine with me. Those shirts would really look good if they wore them with hockey helmets too. :p