SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

It's pathetic that we take pride in beating our rival at the Frozen Four? Haha I needed a laugh thanks. And this is coming from a UND fan who took how much pride in the Holy Cross game? At least this game actually involved OUR team. Maybe we can meet again next year in the NCAA's and we can end your season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

You were #1 all year and you are satisfied with losing the championship game because you beat a rival that your coach wouldn't play during the regular season because it was an 'unhealthy rivalry'. And please don't spout the BS about the nickname being the reason. Donny only came up with that after he got so much abuse from both sides for not wanting to play UND. So....beating UND is what you really are after to make your season yet don't wany to play us. Kind of strange

See Chet on this board the mods don't change a fan from a different team posts. That is GPL's standard practice though. That says quite a bit about the difference in fans and class. You get to post here and not have your post changed.

I honestly haven't had that problem...where have you seen/heard that?

The Minnesota Daily, the official student publication of the U of M, has announced the following. In order to quell the groundswell of discontent over the state of hockey in the so-called State of Hockey, and to satisfy the riotous discontent of the school's brain trust, its students, University officials are contemplating hanging yet another banner from the rafters of The John. This one, to be stitched from a load of Mr. Holl's now worthless "0.6" t-shirts, will forever commemorate for all of the fans in need of some justification for another season-ending shortcoming of their self annointed golden boys, the Choker's semi-final win over North Dakota. The banner will hail that win as one of the program's Top Six (in honor of the stacked Big Ten) Victories of ALL TIME.

A gala banner hanging celebration is planned for the weekend when the Gophers do not travel out east to meet a non-conference foe outside of The John. Kool-Aid and jelly rolls will be served. Fans will be specifically asked to arrive early for this important program ceremony. Even though most will of course miss it, the announcement might actually get the building half full by the five minute mark of the first period.

• Upvote 1

If Rocco doesn't turn his head the wrong way after Holl's stick smacks him in the cage, these two teams might still be playing right now...

Or maybe Rocco should have flopped on the play to draw more attention to the stick to the mug since the infraction was either missed or ignored.....We start overtime 5 on 3 for about 30 seconds and another 1:30 of 5 on 4 and someone besides Holl has to get the shorty to end it. ???

What was it in regards to? What's your call-sign over there? Sure doesn't sound like Jupiter...

If that did actually happen, the only thing I could possibly think of is if it was way over the offensive line. Then it might be deleted. I very seriously doubt it was changed. I'd be interested in this as well. Pretty serious charge being made against a message board admin. They lock threads to cool things off, they don't change posts.

Legit points they did not like.

Details? There are plenty of people who would defend any user if this actually happened. Still not sure I believe you.

The GPL folks might be a bit thin-skinned. I believe that they will sometimes lock out new members during rivalry weeks to keep folks from trolling. Of course, that also locks out folks looking to simply engage in spirited, and even smart-assed discussion as well. They are prone to lock threads, sometimes with justification. In short, if you ain't hard on the Kool-Aid, there might be a tendency to give a guy the boot. More so than here anyway. I have no problem with Jupiter. Even threw him a donation on his plea for contributions to keep his site afloat. He doesn't appear to get nearly the traffic that is found here.

I am not aware of GPL ever actually changing the content of a post though. So be it. Time for me, and perhaps alot of us, to go out and discover that there is a lot more to life than GPL and siouxsports.com. Especially in the off season, eh? Wilbur perhaps has it right. These boards can be a sink hole if we let them.

The GPL folks might be a bit thin-skinned. I believe that they will sometimes lock out new members during rivalry weeks to keep folks from trolling. Of course, that also locks out folks looking to simply engage in spirited, and even smart-assed discussion as well. They are prone to lock threads, sometimes with justification. In short, if you ain't hard on the Kool-Aid, there might be a tendency to give a guy the boot. More so than here anyway. I have no problem with Jupiter. Even threw him a donation on his plea for contributions to keep his site afloat. He doesn't appear to get nearly the traffic that is found here.

I am not aware of GPL ever actually changing the content of a post though. So be it. Time for me, and perhaps alot of us, to go out and discover that there is a lot more to life than GPL and siouxsports.com. Especially in the off season, eh? Wilbur perhaps has it right. These boards can be a sink hole if we let them.

Maybe, but what will I do at work without these places? Actually work? Perish the thought.

EDIT: The lockout of new users is done only during the NCAA tourney, not during rivalry weeks. This is a standard practice that has been in place for years and widely publicized on the site before it happens.

Or maybe Rocco should have flopped on the play to draw more attention to the stick to the mug since the infraction was either missed or ignored.....We start overtime 5 on 3 for about 30 seconds and another 1:30 of 5 on 4 and someone besides Holl has to get the shorty to end it. ???

Watch the replay of the game-winning goal...it happened so fast, it was hard to catch. I don't blame the officials on that one at all.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, NDH...step back from the ledge!

Of course there's a lot more to life than GPL and SiouxSports.com...the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs are on TV!

The Gophers did a great job reloading this year. Many would argue that the task was made a lot easier with Wilcox. If he comes back you can expect the Gophers to be a tough beat again next year. If the freshmen turn from nice players into dominant players, the Gophers will have a great shot at getting back to the Frozen Four.

The Gophers did a great job reloading this year. Many would argue that the task was made a lot easier with Wilcox. If he comes back you can expect the Gophers to be a tough beat again next year. If the freshmen turn from nice players into dominant players, the Gophers will have a great shot at getting back to the Frozen Four.

Hey, that reminds me...I can't wait to hear "Beyond the Pond" this weekend. Hopefully by then, Rau and Wilcox will both have signed pro contracts. :)

Hey, that reminds me...I can't wait to hear "Beyond the Pond" this weekend. Hopefully by then, Rau and Wilcox will both have signed pro contracts. :)

Rau is great but replaceable. Despite his rough effort vs. Union I haven't seen a goalie like Wilcox wearing the Gophers M. Goalies clearly need more development so Wilcox will hopefully be on campus another couple of years. :)

Rau is great but replaceable. Despite his rough effort vs. Union I haven't seen a goalie like Wilcox wearing the Gophers M. Goalies clearly need more development so Wilcox will hopefully be on campus another couple of years. :)

Disagree totally on Wilcox. Totally NHL-ready. He's accomplished all he needs to at the 'U.' Time to take the next step! :)

If that did actually happen, the only thing I could possibly think of is if it was way over the offensive line. Then it might be deleted. I very seriously doubt it was changed. I'd be interested in this as well. Pretty serious charge being made against a message board admin. They lock threads to cool things off, they don't change posts.

Details? There are plenty of people who would defend any user if this actually happened. Still not sure I believe you.

Too far back to find now. He would change my posts and kept changing my signature line. Then laugh about changing it. I do not care if you believe it or not but it is true. Why don't you ask him if he has ever done this. If he says no he is a liar.

Too far back to find now. He would change my posts and kept changing my signature line. Then laugh about changing it. I do not care if you believe it or not but it is true. Why don't you ask him if he has ever done this. If he says no he is a liar.

Changing sigs and avatars is one thing. That has been going on for quite a while to the sites most loyal users and doesn't affect what you actually are posting. But no, I don't believe you about the posts. No reason to change those and it would accomplish nothing unless you are talking about changing something in a quote. That is also a very common message board gag (FYP - fixed your post). I will not ask about it because I'm positive it didn't happen like that and you don't care if I believe you. Besides if it was that long ago I question recalling the details correctly. I'm sorry you feel wronged and are totally within your right to not go back. But don't expect someone like me not to defend against an accusation like that.

EDIT: Sorry to everyone else. I'll stop harping on this now. See you in next years NCAAs... if you get far enough to face us again. :lol::p