SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

This has to be rock bottom in this championship drought. Can't go anywhere but up from this.

I sure hope so. Losses like this are tough to take. Getting blown out by BC continually in Frozen Fours stings less than this. :sad:

To all those thinking this is utter disappointment:

What if Ohio State had won that fateful OT game?

I'm disappointed in the tonight's result but I am in no way disappointed in the UND squad I saw out on the ice against Minnesota. It's hard not to be disappointed in the result because of the effort the players had. They gave it their all and it sucks to see them lose in such a fashion.

But yes, we wouldn't be talking about this at all if Ohio State had won..

Ugh this one does sting. Outplay the goofs prett much the entire game and brillInt goaltending on both ends. Gophs score and somehow und has the energy to come right back and gaarder sticks one in 32 seconds later? But that's the only one they can get by:/

Game reminded me of a clean version of our old wcha games. Smart and defensive hockey both ways and teams looked very evenly matched. Just goes to show that in the one and done's anything can happen and this one could have gone either way.

With that said lets go union!

Still in shock. And yet I appreciate how this team came together. They had no right to be in the frozen four and yet they didn't care and really deserved to win tonight. I thought we had the puck luck going..... Once again, next year should be all about revenge. The sting will last for a while but hopefully victory next year will be sweet.

So the next time UND wins a National Championship, it will be a team when one least expects it. Thought the way the season was going it was this year.

Yes, they made one hell of a run and played great tonight. Tough break, hard loss to swallow.

Where do you go from here? We'll be better the next two years, but will have a target and pressure on our backs. Also, the best team usually doesn't win.

No problem with Hak. He's going to need a sports psychologist. I don't care what you say, 0-6 in the FF, that's mental, let alone a curse. I have no words for that. Just crazy, pure craziness.

So the next time UND wins a National Championship, it will be a team when one least expects it. Thought the way the season was going it was this year.

Yes, they made one hell of a run and played great tonight. Tough break, hard loss to swallow.

Where do you go from here? We'll be better the next two years, but will have a target and pressure on our backs. Also, the best team usually doesn't win.

No problem with Hak. He's going to need a sports psychologist. I don't care what you say, 0-6 in the FF, that's mental, let alone a curse. I have no words for that. Just crazy, pure craziness.

It is craziness...06, 07, 08, 11, 14...all semi-final losses. You have to catch a break somewhere, sometime, don't you?

It is craziness...06, 07, 08, 11, 14...all semi-final losses. You have to catch a break somewhere, sometime, don't you?

I would agree. There's someone else in control. Seriously, players play the game and are on the ice and obviously not the coaches. But this is just getting odd. How that last play evolved and ended too. You couldn't write a better script. Explain that to me! Dammit I am pissed!!!

Biggest disappointment in this loss is that it was with .6 sec left. Other that us losing, this was a tremendous game by UND. Trying to compare the talent of this team to our last Frozen Four team is not even comparable. This team had less to work with, and showed up with more. Wilcox kept the goofs in this game, and UND played their hearts out. This team SHOULD be back in the frozen four next season (possible rematch). We held their top scorers in check and played the best game of our season. Could not be more proud of our team! That being said ... Go Union!

Gut wrenching way to lose, but I couldn't be more proud of the way the boys played. They did the program and the University proud tonight.

I totally agree. This season was quite a ride, from struggling players looking for identities to a team put together that played right at the top of their game against some of the best college hockey teams in the country. Tough way to lose, but a lot of teams were on the other side of the glass tonight.

Yep. It's getting old being on the receiving end. There's gotta be light at the end of the tunnel at some point...right?

Yep! It gets old and there will be light at the end of the tunnel, BUT to claim coaching had anything to do with tonight would be ridiculous. Hak had these boys playing the best game of their season. These guys played an amazing game, they did EVERYTHING but win! Disappointed in the result, Proud of the performance! Go Sioux! We'll get them next season!

• Upvote 2

Screw the haters... last time I enjoyed a Nat'l Championship was in 03 when I was a Goofer Fan (the dark years), Then I started at UND ... Ups or Downs I've been all of the Sioux, and I always will be! Go Sioux, Terrific performance tonight, this team has shown amazing improvement this season.

Yep! It gets old and there will be light at the end of the tunnel, BUT to claim coaching had anything to do with tonight would be ridiculous. Hak had these boys playing the best game of their season. These guys played an amazing game, they did EVERYTHING but win! Disappointed in the result, Proud of the performance! Go Sioux! We'll get them next season!

Um, I don't think SiouxFanatic mentioned coaching in his comment. He is just devastated over this gut-wrenching loss, as am I, as are a lot of people. If we can't find it in ourselves to feel extreme disappointment after losses like this, then we have lost our edge as a fan base. I would argue we lost our edge as a fan base some time ago.

In Philly for the frozen four and unfortunately seen the same result I've seen at the other frozen fours I've attended the past decade. Hell of an effort and game by the kids tonight but yet again they fell short. Feel bad for them but I'll admit I feel worse for Hakstol. Guy needs a bounce to go his way one of these years. He has yet to be rewarded for the chapter he is currently authoring in unds storied history. I'll be the first to say he's a hell of a coach, recruiter, and alumnus. Make no mistake, every ounce of his heart is into this program. Hockey in my mind is the greatest sport in the world but she is unforgiving. She can sometimes leave you unrewarded for your efforts, but that's what also leads you back to her. Reaching the pinnacle of any sport will often require you to first have the ability to swallow its bitter defeats. But that is what makes the ultimate goal taste so sweet when you get there

• Upvote 1