SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

Your team was #1 in the polls all year, and went on to get outplayed in both Frozen Four games (lucky to sneak out one win). It's actually pretty sad that UMTC fans have to take comfort in this victory as much as they are. It's really kind of pathetic.

It's pathetic that we take pride in beating our rival at the Frozen Four? Haha I needed a laugh thanks. And this is coming from a UND fan who took how much pride in the Holy Cross game? At least this game actually involved OUR team. Maybe we can meet again next year in the NCAA's and we can end your season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

• Upvote 1

It's hilarious watching UND fans downplay the whole 0.6 second thing. Talk about denial. 0.6 will live forever and UND fans will just have to get used it. Yes the Gophers did not go on to win it all but neither did UND after the Porter wrap around in the '07 Regional. And wasn't that goal the top moment in the rivalry according to UND fans in some top ten ranking just last week? These two teams have played almost 300 times and last week's match-up was probably the most hyped up game in the rivalry's history and your team lost in epic fashion in a historic game to your arch rival that will NEVER be forgotten by either fanbase. Just like after the Holy Cross game, Gopher fans knew it was historic and would take heat from UND fans forever because of it. Well 0.6 will be no different. UND fans will never forget how their favorite team's 2013-14 season ended and Gopher fans will never get tired of reminding them.

I agree. I think that that is a very accurate post.

It's hilarious watching UND fans downplay the whole 0.6 second thing. Talk about denial. 0.6 will live forever and UND fans will just have to get used it. Yes the Gophers did not go on to win it all but neither did UND after the Porter wrap around in the '07 Regional. And wasn't that goal the top moment in the rivalry according to UND fans in some top ten ranking just last week? These two teams have played almost 300 times and last week's match-up was probably the most hyped up game in the rivalry's history and your team lost in epic fashion in a historic game to your arch rival that will NEVER be forgotten by either fanbase. Just like after the Holy Cross game, Gopher fans knew it was historic and would take heat from UND fans forever because of it. Well 0.6 will be no different. UND fans will never forget how their favorite team's 2013-14 season ended and Gopher fans will never get tired of reminding them.

The only thing I will remember about the 2013-2014 season is how hard our boys played and how proud I am to be a Sioux fan for life. Your little ".6" and "Blake Wheeler diving tap-in" moments are part of the game, part of the rivalry, and have no affect on how I look back on my team.

It's hilarious watching UND fans downplay the whole 0.6 second thing. Talk about denial. 0.6 will live forever and UND fans will just have to get used it.

Honestly, the whole 0.6 second thing doesn't bother me too much. Not trying to downplay it at all, but it feels the same to me as if UMN would have scored in OT or with 10min left in the 3rd. The "time remaining" part of it doesn't bother me.

If the UMN fans want to make a big deal of it in the future, I'm fine with that...but it still won't bother me. :)

This UND team was an underdog their whole run through the NCAA's...UMN was ranked #1 almost the entire season. When remembering that game, I'll remember it as the time that UMN got lucky at the end after being thoroughly outplayed for a good chunk of the game...and then got dominated two days later in the title game. Frankly, if given the chance, I believe that UND would have given Union a better game on Saturday...although I don't think they would have won. Union was just on another level during the postseason.

0.6 forever!! :D

Denial over. :crazy::lol:

• Upvote 2

Where did I put my wrap around shirt?

Honestly, the whole 0.6 second thing doesn't bother me too much. Not trying to downplay it at all, but it feels the same to me as if UMN would have scored in OT or with 10min left in the 3rd. The "time remaining" part of it doesn't bother me.

If the UMN fans want to make a big deal of it in the future, I'm fine with that...but it still won't bother me. :)

This UND team was an underdog their whole run through the NCAA's...UMN was ranked #1 almost the entire season. When remembering that game, I'll remember it as the time that UMN got lucky at the end after being thoroughly outplayed for a good chunk of the game...and then got dominated two days later in the title game. Frankly, if given the chance, I believe that UND would have given Union a better game on Saturday...although I don't think they would have won. Union was just on another level during the postseason.

0.6 forever!! :D

Denial over. :crazy::lol:

Well put. ".6" doesn't bother me because it isn't indicative of any fault of our tender or anyone else on the team. Bounce of the puck didn't go our way that time. The t-shirts are certainly a chuckle, that's for sure.

Holy Cross: Huge underdog pulling off arguably the biggest upset in tourney history.

0.6 :Heavily favored team outplayed most of the game before needing unreal puck luck for a fluke goal in the final second

Boom!

And I find it hilarious that a goof supporter is back on here bringing it back up. Hilarious.

And the Gerbils got dominated by Union in the NCAA title game 48 hours later. Gerbil fans will just have to get used to it. :glare::angry:

Second place in Women's Hockey. Second place in Men's Hockey. The University of Minnesota.....Runner-Up U!!! :p Maybe you can have a parade in Downtown Minneapolis with both Runner-Up Trophies at the front and the players for both teams following with a banner that says "We're #2, where are the Whioux?". Then Don Lucia-pet can give a speech saying the NCAA semifinal win over UND was "just another win for us and didn't have any meaning beyond that" and whatever other garbage he has come up with since we changed conferences a year ago. Two can play this game. :devil:

Have a nice day!!! :D

Only thing I took from that post is 2nd place > um.. what place were you again?

Any tips for us how to handle losing in big games, since you guys have so much experience in doing so?

:p

And the Gerbils got dominated by Union in the NCAA title game 48 hours later. Gerbil fans will just have to get used to it. :glare::angry:

Second place in Women's Hockey. Second place in Men's Hockey. The University of Minnesota.....Runner-Up U!!! :p Maybe you can have a parade in Downtown Minneapolis with both Runner-Up Trophies at the front and the players for both teams following with a banner that says "We're #2, where are the Whioux?". Then Don Lucia-pet can give a speech saying the NCAA semifinal win over UND was "just another win for us and didn't have any meaning beyond that" and whatever other garbage he has come up with since we changed conferences a year ago. Two can play this game. :devil:

Have a nice day!!! :D

But #1 in basketball! Well...if you ignore those 68 teams in the real tourney...

• Upvote 1

It's pathetic that we take pride in beating our rival at the Frozen Four? Haha I needed a laugh thanks. And this is coming from a UND fan who took how much pride in the Holy Cross game? At least this game actually involved OUR team. Maybe we can meet again next year in the NCAA's and we can end your season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Hate to tell you, but you don't have the regional in your back yard next year. With regionals in St. Paul 4-0 getting to the Frozen Four, without, 0-5.

Only thing I took from that post is 2nd place > um.. what place were you again?

Any tips for us how to handle losing in big games, since you guys have so much experience in doing so?

:p

Considering that your school hangs banners for Runner-Up finishes, I am not surprised at this response.

Whatever floats your boat I guess..... :p

• Upvote 2

What is the average IQ of a Gopher fan.......

What is the average blood alcohol level of gopher fans during games (especially the ones in dinkytown)......

What is Adam Wilcox save percentage in the National Championship game.......

What is the average length of male Gopher fans Pe............ok, I won't go there!!

What is the average IQ of a Gopher fan.......

What is the average blood alcohol level of gopher fans during games (especially the ones in dinkytown)......

What is Adam Wilcox save percentage in the National Championship game.......

What is the average length of male Gopher fans Pe............ok, I won't go there!!

IALTO!!! :D