SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

Come on. Do you think that the Gophers goal this year was just to win a conference championship? Sure you can be proud of winning a watered down 6 team conference. But don't fall back on it and brag about it when fail to win the Natty. Sioux fans have been there. The first game of the 2011-2012 season, they raises the WCHA Championship banner at the Ralph just 6 months after failing to win the NAtional Championship we all though we were going to win. Sure we were proud of the accomplishment, but it was bitter sweet seeing that one go up instead of a NAtty banner.

Again, not falling back on it at all that. Simply pointing it out because the whole banner thing was brought up and it is still an impressive accomplishment. You said that it's okay to be proud of it too, so which is it? We've been there before too.

But I will say it is more to fall back on then UND has this year.

......0.6.... :):)

That's a riot.

Clever. I'll give you that one. :) Even though it was downgraded to a "disturbance" according to the media.

Things must have gotten really bad over on GPL following the title game loss...the Gopher fans are all coming over here now.

It's ok guys, it's ok.

Nope. Things never go bad on GPL. Play a big game against UND, or play Union in the national championship game, GPL goes down. You might think it could be an accident, but it seems to happen every time, especially when the Gophers lose to UND.

I was simply responding to the statement MafiaMan made about it being our goal to raise banners. Which we did. I actually said that obviously we wanted to raise a bigger one, but if that was being as a rip on us, it was quite misplaced. I guess everyone seemed to forget about our regular season title.

Technically correct.

From GPL...pre-game...

While the Dutchoven's tendy is solid, he can't hold a candle to Wilcox. Kid has been phenomenal all year and pretty dang sure he's got one more solid effort in him. Transition game will open up more, I feel, and we'll pump in at least 4 to hang another banner from the Mecca rafters.

I'm hoping we don't need Wilcox to win it for us. A nice, cushy, 5-2 victory sounds nice

Just wondering, from those of you that watched BC/Union, should we be afraid of them? They seemed sloppy and BC seemed sloppier, and if they were as good as us (could score in the final second) then it would have gone to OT.

...it'll be interesting to see if they [union] have the depth to handle the 4 lines we roll.

You can argue BC has a ton of speed but what I'm really hoping for is Union is just slow in the transition game.

the blue line 6 will come up big.

I'll just say it. Screw that eastern team. We're MN. We've been romping all season, and I don't care that they are undefeated in their last 17 or 18 or whatever it is. Streaks will end. And we'll end theirs on Saturday. It won't even be a fluke. We'll make Sherman look like a pansy the way we manhandle Union. At least a 2 goal win, no ENG.

Sounds like fans who were just happy to bring home second place...

Technically correct.

From GPL...pre-game...

The last one is my favorite with first one being a close second. The Mecca? Give me a break.... We're MN... YEAH! We get to win no matter what because our state's past time is hockey and ice skating and cold weather and stuff! We're MN!

Technically correct.

That was my whole original point, so of course it was correct.

From GPL...pre-game...

Wow, where have I ever said we were happy about it? Where are you guys getting this? But better to at least have a shot at the title than not at all, and better to bring home some hardware (even if it's not the big one) than none. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Yep...Penn State and Miami are comparable teams :silly:

Ask Michigan fans about that.

And after...

How can a team that has been #1 in the nation most of the year play so poorly?

Hard to even be sad when they don't show up. This was certainly a missed opportunity...

Gopher Men's Hockey ranked #1 most of year and finish 2nd in NCAA

#snakebit #lifeofagopherfan

This one was my personal favorite...

gophs have nothing to hang their head about, definitely over achieved. already excited for next year.

That was my whole original point, so of course it was correct.

Wow, where have I ever said we were happy about it? Where are you guys getting this? But better to at least have a shot at the title than not at all, and better to bring home some hardware (even if it's not the big one) than none. Why is this so difficult to understand?

And I said it was correct. I also posted on GPL that I would have gladly traded a semi-final loss for a loss in the championship game. That's my opinion. The excitement and build-up of Thursday to Saturday is incredible and the chance to win a title is an accomplishment in itself...even if you wind up on the losing end of the score.

You didn't pick up on the sarcasm, Tiggsy. Here's a recap:

Pre-game: Blow-out city...Union's slow...let's roll these clowns...

Post-game: Union's better...over-achieved all season long...still a great accomplishment...

You didn't pick up on the sarcasm, Tiggsy. Here's a recap:

Pre-game: Blow-out city...Union's slow...let's roll these clowns...

Post-game: Union's better...over-achieved all season long...still a great accomplishment...

Fair enough. Didn't pick up on that.

We're not alone in rationalizing after a loss. Look at how many posters think UND would have beaten or at least played better then we did. Easy to do that when there's no way to really know.

:)

We're not alone in rationalizing after a loss. Look at how many posters think UND would have beaten or at least played better then we did. Easy to do that when there's no way to really know.

Oh, I agree. There is no way to know for sure. I, for one, wish UND had had the chance, win or lose.

Considering how awful Minny's defense was in that game, is it really that far fetched that some of our fans think we might've played better? It's just speculation is all. Doesn't mean anything.

Holy Cross: Huge underdog pulling off arguably the biggest upset in tourney history.

0.6 :Heavily favored team outplayed most of the game before needing unreal puck luck for a fluke goal in the final second

Unreal puck luck? Fluke goal? The guy who shot it kicked the puck to his skate and put it on net. The only lucky part you might say is the blocked shot before hand that went in his feet.

Unreal puck luck? Fluke goal? The guy who shot it kicked the puck to his skate and put it on net. The only lucky part you might say is the blocked shot before hand that went in his feet.

If Rocco doesn't turn his head the wrong way after Holl's stick smacks him in the cage, these two teams might still be playing right now...

If Rocco doesn't turn his head the wrong way after Holl's stick smacks him in the cage, these two teams might still be playing right now...

Very true, I just don't see how it was a fluke goal. The shot went off the far pipe and in. .6 seconds or 5:00 to go seems to be the reason it was a fluke goal?

Very true, I just don't see how it was a fluke goal. The shot went off the far pipe and in. .6 seconds or 5:00 to go seems to be the reason it was a fluke goal?

I'd agree with you on that. One team chose to rush up the ice and try to score. Mission accomplished.

Given the time left...he wouldn't normally even be in the rush.

The deflected shot going right to him.

His "luck" that he was successful in kicking it towards his stick. It's not like his offensive prowess makes him a threat.

That Rocco happened to take a high stick.

That one inch left and it's saved, one inch right and it's post and onto OT.

Fluke.

Given the time left...he wouldn't normally even be in the rush.

The deflected shot going right to him.

His "luck" that he was successful in kicking it towards his stick. It's not like his offensive prowess makes him a threat.

That Rocco happened to take a high stick.

That one inch left and it's saved, one inch right and it's post and onto OT.

Fluke.

Haha. A lot of hoping and wishing!! Sounds good bud!