SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. GOPHERS - Thursday, F4 Philly style Gameday

AZSIOUX

As I've stated 3-4 times...I am talking in the nuetral zone. No worries though...I honestly need to attempt to forget about last night. It's making me sick again. Have a nice offseason guys!

I was just kidding with ya, love your takes.

I'm proud of this team's accomplishments, too, but I have the opposite feeling. I'm not sure there's ever been a more stinging loss than this one. Make the '98 regional at Yost seem like an exhibition game against Simon Fraser.

To each his own but 2011 will forever be that one for me.

Epic Post. And you are spot on. I hope the road from the Airport to the University is lined with fans, clapping for this TEAM when they get back to town. They've earned all of our respect and will, like so many other teams, live on in our memories.

And franchise wrote: "Agreed. I was glad to read on Twitter that fans in the lobby of the hotel gave them a standing O. That was a helluva TEAM. "

So glad to hear that fans showed their appreciation after the game in the hotel lobby! If we didn't live so far away, we'd for sure show up with flags and signs to welcome the team home at the airport and/or along the road. Hope this happens!!!

http://deadspin.com/minnesota-wins-frozen-four-semifinal-with-buzzer-beatin-1562082802

Check out the comment section of this article...wow...as always, some Gopher fans aren't just happy with winning the game...

Here's a snippet to get your blood boiling...

"Let me tell you one more thing: there is nothing worse than the North Dakota fan. Nothing rivals their inbrededness and complete lack of class. Nothing anywhere. The most intolerable fans on the planet. Thank God there are only about 10,000 of them.

Imagine if a Kentucky basketballl fan high on Oxy and Robotussin conceived a child with an Ohio State fan that was drunk off Natty Light with a blood-alcohol level of 0.38. Now imagine the Ohio State fan maintains that blood-alcohol level during her entire pregnancy. That baby would grow up to be a North Dakota hockey fan.

You know the fan that will yell obscenities all game, depsite the fact that there are a group of 3rd graders right in front of them? That's the North Dakota fan.

Or the fans that will defend a Nazi sympathizer and all-out bigot because he funds their arena? Those are North Dakota fans."

http://deadspin.com/...atin-1562082802

Check out the comment section of this article...wow...as always, some Gopher fans aren't just happy with winning the game...

"Let me tell you one more thing: there is nothing worse than the North Dakota fan. Nothing rivals their inbrededness and complete lack of class. Nothing anywhere. The most intolerable fans on the planet. Thank God there are only about 10,000 of them.

Imagine if a Kentucky basketballl fan high on Oxy and Robotussin conceived a child with an Ohio State fan that was drunk off Natty Light with a blood-alcohol level of 0.38. Now imagine the Ohio State fan maintains that blood-alcohol level during her entire pregnancy. That baby would grow up to be a North Dakota hockey fan.

You know the fan that will yell obscenities all game, depsite the fact that there are a group of 3rd graders right in front of them? That's the North Dakota fan.

Or the fans that will defend a Nazi sympathizer and all-out bigot because he funds their arena? Those are North Dakota fans."

Kinda sounds like the same guy from the article earlier in the week that Goon posted.

http://deadspin.com/minnesota-wins-frozen-four-semifinal-with-buzzer-beatin-1562082802

The anger that some of these computer tough guys show is downright scary. I've seen some stuff on Twitter also, and it is downright creepy, and extremely irrational hatred. Lakes bison type of stuff...some humans are really messed up.

The anger that some of these computer tough guys show is downright scary. I've seen some stuff on Twitter also, and it is downright creepy, and extremely irrational hatred. Lakes bison type of stuff...some humans are really messed up.

It has been my experience that screeds such as this tell you more about the author than the intended target. But I don't expect better from many gopher fans I have met, including the several with whom I shared a club box at the WFC.

Whoa... This psychopath is one bad day away from committing a murder-suicide.

yeah, I don't know... They seem kind of canned after all of these years. I found one that I really laughed over.

Definitely got all the stereotypes in that one but I think my favorite sterotype that Gopher fans use all the time is that UND is a bunch of overage Canadian's. Seems to me it has been a while since we brought in a 22 year old Canadian freshman, but I'm sure they will continue to say it when our roster will only have 10 or so Canadians on it the next couple seasons.

Definitely got all the stereotypes in that one but I think my favorite sterotype that Gopher fans use all the time is that UND is a bunch of overage Canadian's. Seems to me it has been a while since we brought in a 22 year old Canadian freshman, but I'm sure they will continue to say it when our roster will only have 10 or so Canadians on it the next couple seasons.

I always loved that one too.... UND is just about as young as the Gophers and leaning towards more American players. 22 Year old Freshmen... Classic.

yep, but it still doesn't take all the sting away.

I'm not sure I'll ever get all of the "sting" from that game away, but for me, thinking of that game being the springboard to the Gophers "destiny" season or whatever those idiots would have called it had they went on to win it all because of the game versus us made me want to PUKE.

Now, knowing it was a GUT WRENCHING loss, but the Gophers went on to fall on their face to a talented but a Union team most of the Gopher fans were pretty confident they'd beat by losing 7-4 makes it much,much, much better.

Pretty sure Union would have beat anybody who got in their way, including UND. Let's not be petty and make this about the Gophers when the real focus should be on giving credit where credit is due... the Gophers didn't lose the game so much as Union won it.

Sounds good dad. Thanks.

If your reading comp skills were a bit better, you'd have noticed that I said Union was a very talented team. The fact of the matter is that a lot of gopher fans were thinking they had the game in the bag. You "make it about" what you want to, and I'll "make it about" what I want to.