SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

What place would that be? Haven’t been downtown Forks in ages.... thx. 

looking from left to right it goes....the frame store run by that old witch, the "art" store owned by adam kemp, and then the urban stampede...i think adam's place is called "u are here"....

On 5/16/2020 at 9:38 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Just walked thru downtown GF...For all those whoa is me articles about all these bars and restaurants that were forcibly closed and "not sure how we're gonna make it stories if this goes another week" it's amazing how many are still closed by CHOICE?  Level 10, Oreillys, B and B, and Half Brothers are all closed (yet inside half brothers there were about five guys (i think all with manicured beards) either doing some form of podcast or video game tournament while drinking beer.

Something tells me that they got their SBA grant money that i think they don't have to pay back as long as they don't stop paying their employees or their employees are loving the idea of getting more money not to work or a combo of the two......which is really sad.

Most bars and restaurants do not have a business plan that will allow them to remain open operating at 50% capacity.

21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so totally closed is better than being partially open?

I have read a few articles and stories interviewing bar and restaurant owners who said that is the case.

I don't think it is a one solution fits all but I would guess that those who rely on liquor and beer for the majority of their revenue would likely fall into this category.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

I have read a few articles and stories interviewing bar and restaurant owners who said that is the case.

I don't think it is a one solution fits all but I would guess that those who rely on liquor and beer for the majority of their revenue would likely fall into this category.

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

maybe i'm missing something but totally closed can't be better than partially open. take half brothers...yeah maybe don't have 6 different beers...maybe 1 or maybe 2...and if i was the owner and no one wanted/could work...put your beer pouring shoes on and open up.

Offering 2 beer options is gonna save them money?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

If you're closed you're not paying staff and you have reduced operating and possibly insurance costs.  It's possible these businesses believe staff and operating costs would exceed the revenue generated by being open.  Having seen how (not) busy many Grand Forks bars/restaurants are in the summer with no students, I'd imagine they'd do even less business during Corona with no students, elderly, or Canadians.  There's also the risk of a big old GFHerald tweet stating "Coronavirus Outbreak Traced Back to (insert restaurant name)."  That would be tough to recover from.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you're closed you're not paying staff and you have reduced operating and possibly insurance costs.  It's possible these businesses believe staff and operating costs would exceed the revenue generated by being open.  Having seen how (not) busy many Grand Forks bars/restaurants are in the summer with no students, I'd imagine they'd do even less business during Corona with no students, elderly, or Canadians.  There's also the risk of a big old GFHerald tweet stating "Coronavirus Outbreak Traced Back to (insert restaurant name)."  That would be tough to recover from.

which is why i stated that the owners could run the place in the meanwhile...limited beer options...reduced hours and whatnot

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Could you survive if your paycheck was cut in half?

drove by blue moose on the way home...tables on the north side in the grass by the road leading to the state park...spaced nicely apart...people on the deck too obviously

two things...should've been allowed todo this about a month ago...and they might want to keep this for the summer and next and beyond...looked awesome and somewhat easy access for servers to go down the steps and over the grassy area

spud junior were taking down their outside seating...

up north has a few table on the north side..no one out there

4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

El Gordito at the (don't laugh) Columbia Mall Food Court is pretty good and worth checking out.  Authentic Mexican, moderately priced, not super fast if you're in a big hurry.

They are a satellite location for the restaurant in Crookston.

wow...never even thought there was one place open out there at the food court...sounds worth checking out.