SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Firehouse was good but had bad access for a stripmall - that also killed Quizno's there.  GOD I MISS QUIZNO'S  

Patronize Jersey Mikes in that OTHER hideous and half-vacant strip mall on Columbia.  At least their CEO has been pro-active in these "uncertain times" by doing nationwide fundraisers for food shelves.  Subs are good - better than Subway or (GASP) Red Pepper

Fat Albert's is great, too!

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

casey's is great!...mike's casey's and happy joes are the best in town.  pete za is good and up north too

Have you had Boss' yet? It's pretty good but definitely on the spendy side. And i'm an unabashed huge Popolino's fan as far as my favorite in town.

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Firehouse was good but had bad access for a stripmall - that also killed Quizno's there.  GOD I MISS QUIZNO'S  

Patronize Jersey Mikes in that OTHER hideous and half-vacant strip mall on Columbia.  At least their CEO has been pro-active in these "uncertain times" by doing nationwide fundraisers for food shelves.  Subs are good - better than Subway or (GASP) Red Pepper

Speaking of the Red Pepper, are either of their locations open yet?

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Have you had Boss' yet? It's pretty good but definitely on the spendy side. And i'm an unabashed huge Popolino's fan as far as my favorite in town.

one time...it was good...little spendy and a large was on the smallish side...seating is limited and weird.

6 hours ago, streetsahead said:

I’m with you on Popolino’s. Love their sauce and thin crust. I used to order identical pizzas to taste test from both Pops & Deeks to pick up on the way home from work. 4 out of 5 in the house favored Popolinos. 

• Upvote 1

Just walked thru downtown GF...For all those whoa is me articles about all these bars and restaurants that were forcibly closed and "not sure how we're gonna make it stories if this goes another week" it's amazing how many are still closed by CHOICE?  Level 10, Oreillys, B and B, and Half Brothers are all closed (yet inside half brothers there were about five guys (i think all with manicured beards) either doing some form of podcast or video game tournament while drinking beer.

Something tells me that they got their SBA grant money that i think they don't have to pay back as long as they don't stop paying their employees or their employees are loving the idea of getting more money not to work or a combo of the two......which is really sad.

lots of bars downtown still closed....maybe the heraldo can interview some of these owners and ask on a beautiful night like tonight why aren't they at least having outdoor service...joe blacks had quite of few outside drinking. you would think between the front door and rear "patio" at half brothers they could serve quite a few people just outdoors.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:29 PM, gfhockey said:

I hear the bun and broken drum have been busy 

a friend went to the bun on sat night said there were quite a few people there...said a girl at the door kept a head count if the number inside was too big you had to drink outside.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:17 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

lots of bars downtown still closed....maybe the heraldo can interview some of these owners and ask on a beautiful night like tonight why aren't they at least having outdoor service...

Well, that would require an hour drive north of Fargo, so, yea...

• Upvote 1