SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

To prove his sincerity and gravitas, Governor Walz should voluntarily wear an ankle tracker (key held by MN Senate majority leader) and his real-time location should be available to every Minnesotan via a web browser for the duration of this lockdown. No, actually, as long as he maintains "Executive Powers". 

Minnesotans deserve to know where their sovereign is at all times in crisis. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

To prove his sincerity and gravitas, Governor Walz should voluntarily wear an ankle tracker (key held by MN Senate majority leader) and his real-time location should be available to every Minnesotan via a web browser for the duration of this lockdown. No, actually, as long as he maintains "Executive Powers". 

Minnesotans deserve to know where their sovereign is at all times in crisis. 

Just like their sports teams, Minnesotans enjoy being dominated!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Goon said:

This bums me out. This was one of my go tos before the Pandemic. Spicy Pie is closed. I hate 2020.

Capture.PNG

Thank God there is so much demand - and such low vacancy - in Grand Forks for strip malls right now. ;)

Seriously though, I think the land immediately south of Honda/Nissan is being developed for...wait for it...a strip mall.  At least that's what the rendering appeared to show on the sign as I drove by.

Here's a food related question for any architects, commercial real estate folks, developers, etc.

Are you seeing a COVID-push yet where quick-serve and family casual dining areas will be shrunk down/eliminated, and are construction and design evolving to accentuate both drive-thru and pick-up options?  Are people even spending money right now on conventional restaurant spaces?

On 11/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Here's a food related question for any architects, commercial real estate folks, developers, etc.

Are you seeing a COVID-push yet where quick-serve and family casual dining areas will be shrunk down/eliminated, and are construction and design evolving to accentuate both drive-thru and pick-up options?  Are people even spending money right now on conventional restaurant spaces?

Right after this election things will be back to normal, didn't materialize.
IMO things well be pretty normal with food related places in early summer, drive-thru and pick-up included.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I see Rhombus Brewery is having a "mural" painted on a wall facing the parking ramp....can anyone find out who is paying for this...Federal grants, NEA, or Rhombus guys 100%....seems like a lot of money to paint squares on the side of an old building.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2020 at 3:23 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Thank God there is so much demand - and such low vacancy - in Grand Forks for strip malls right now. ;)

Seriously though, I think the land immediately south of Honda/Nissan is being developed for...wait for it...a strip mall.  At least that's what the rendering appeared to show on the sign as I drove by.

So you beg folks to come eat in EGF over GF because they need it more, then turnaround and laugh at a post about a GF restaurant closing, and about all the GF vacancies? You’ve helped me decide to spend every dollar on the west side of the river next time I’m in GGF. Enjoy Walz 

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

So you beg folks to come eat in EGF over GF because they need it more, then turnaround and laugh at a post about a GF restaurant closing, and about all the GF vacancies? You’ve helped me decide to spend every dollar on the west side of the river next time I’m in GGF. Enjoy Walz 

You may be confused. Who was laughing? You need to learn your emojis.

I’ve pretty much lamented the loss of every restaurant in GF in this thread, and advocated for many more to open. And pointing out the glut of commercial real estate in GF is hardly controversial.

And do whatever you want, but you’re heartless to dismiss the harmful effects of a monthlong closure of MN restaurants that started Friday on a perceived political snub. Your snide reference to Walz implies that you’re far more interested in playing politics than a local economic issue of great public concern.

• Like 1