SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 6/9/2020 at 9:25 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

could be a casualty of the plandemic...i see the yoga shop in EGF is closing. gotta think some other small businesses are barely holding on bc some people are still scared to leave their bunkers.

Here's some good news. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I see Rhombus Brewery is having a "mural" painted on a wall facing the parking ramp....can anyone find out who is paying for this...Federal grants, NEA, or Rhombus guys 100%....seems like a lot of money to paint squares on the side of an old building.

Lots of murals in bismarcks downtown.

Lots of social media triggeredness both ways each way everyway...

in reality, its a nothingburger , wanna paint a wall paint a wall.

It actually does make one of the alleys feel a bit less rapey, and distracts from the urine smell.

But i do agee it is interesting to know where the money comes from to do the project 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I see Rhombus Brewery is having a "mural" painted on a wall facing the parking ramp....can anyone find out who is paying for this...Federal grants, NEA, or Rhombus guys 100%....seems like a lot of money to paint squares on the side of an old building.

Murals seem to keep the taggers away... one of my wife’s commercial buildings used to get tagged a couple of times a year until we painted our own mural— a take off of the Black Flag album, Slip it In. That was 14 or so years ago and no taggers since. 

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Murals seem to keep the taggers away... one of my wife’s commercial buildings used to get tagged a couple of times a year until we painted our own mural— a take off of the Black Flag album, Slip it In. That was 14 or so years ago and no taggers since. 

what's a tagger...and when you say you painted your own mural...i'm assuming you also paid for it 100 percent?

the "mural" at Rhombus says financed by bank forward?

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's a tagger...and when you say you painted your own mural...i'm assuming you also paid for it 100 percent?

the "mural" at Rhombus says financed by bank forward?

tagger.... punk as skinny jean wanna be hipster pretend gangbanger with a spay paint can who paints gang signs or symbols on buildings and such.

Just generally a useless piece of !@#$ in a society,  that costs business and property owners unneeded expenses.

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Lots of murals in bismarcks downtown.

Lots of social media triggeredness both ways each way everyway...

in reality, its a nothingburger , wanna paint a wall paint a wall.

It actually does make one of the alleys feel a bit less rapey, and distracts from the urine smell.

But i do agee it is interesting to know where the money comes from to do the project 

Art Alley in Bismarck is kinda nice and definitely makes that alley less disgusting.  The mural on the Dove is nice as well, glad they got to keep it.  As far as cost goes, it's usually not a lot, but residents have the right to know if tax $$ was used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Art Alley in Bismarck is kinda nice and definitely makes that alley less disgusting.  The mural on the Dove is nice as well, glad they got to keep it.  As far as cost goes, it's usually not a lot, but residents have the right to know if tax $$ was used.

agree

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

tagger.... punk as skinny jean wanna be hipster pretend gangbanger with a spay paint can who paints gang signs or symbols on buildings and such.

Just generally a useless piece of !@#$ in a society,  that costs business and property owners unneeded expenses.

Makes trains a lot more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

that's what im trying to find out about these last two projects....the rocks on 42nd and this dna mural on the side of the rhombus brewery...feel free to do this but not with tax money

On 10/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Can’t wait for that place. Should be an nice addition to downtown. That intersection is going to be really nice after the Hugo’s is finished as well.

What is Harry’s? I was just wondering what it is?

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Random question, did the Red Pepper ever go back to the Hugo’s bread?  Back in Grand Forks and haven’t been there since the bread debacle. What’s the story on the bread?!!:D

Bread was still awful when I had it a couple months ago.  Tacos Schneider are the way to go now.

50 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Random question, did the Red Pepper ever go back to the Hugo’s bread?  Back in Grand Forks and haven’t been there since the bread debacle. What’s the story on the bread?!!:D

is see red pepper/tellman is selling the skinny lot next to original pepper....might be prime spot for someone that loves the pep