SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 7/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

anyone wondering if those beefy roof trusses on Gershman's new building are meant for a rooftop deck?  they are much beefier than the roof they took down.

I attended an outdoor event with Hal recently and he talked a bit about the restaurant. He said he is raising the roof by three feet. No mention of outdoor seating. He also said the current owner of Ground Round (Matt W.) will serve as General Manager and that right now he doesn't plan to open until there is a COVID vaccine.

6 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

I attended an outdoor event with Hal recently and he talked a bit about the restaurant. He said he is raising the roof by three feet. No mention of outdoor seating. He also said the current owner of Ground Round (Matt W.) will serve as General Manager and that right now he doesn't plan to open until there is a COVID vaccine.

Heard he was thinking of calling it "Harry's" in honor of his dad but not surprised he's waiting out the covid crisis to determine seating inside.   When it opens it will be first class like Hal does everything.

18 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

Interesting that Walowack will be the GM?  bc Matt owns the Ground Round i think....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

A new restaurant is moving in to the old Ruby Tuesday building.  Charras and Tequila is supposed to open in early 2021.  Other locations include Bismarck, Devils Lake, and Bemidji (different name for that store).  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/6622609-Charras-and-Tequila-to-open-in-Grand-Forks-early-2021

Mi Rancho is the name in Bemidji. Solid food, leans more American Mexican but still can find a few authentic Mexican dishes. Good prices and nice portion

Great daily drink specials

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Mi Rancho is the name in Bemidji. Solid food, leans more American Mexican but still can find a few authentic Mexican dishes. Good prices and nice portion

Great daily drink specials

have eaten at mi rancho also...good food and service...hope this goes well

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Most reports on Charras and Tequila in Bismarck are it's good but expensive compared to other Mexican restaurants (of which Bismarck actually has a few decent ones).

Can confirm. It got 4p

VERY good, very very good.

Quite spendy and here they arent open for lunch just evening.

Chicken chori-queso dish is awesome.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I see the Herald said Charras and Tequila will open in the old Ruby Tuesday in 2021.   They have one in Devils Lake, has anyone eaten there?

I just moved some posts over from the Grand Forks Economy thread regarding that place.

• 2 weeks later...