SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

So it appears as though Dickey's has opened back up again. Not sure if they changed ownership or what the deal was, but they were open yesterday when I drove by.

new owners. the other owner decided to move back to texas and the new owners are local. it is open went there today.

9 percent blueberry beer makes me happy atJL Beers

One night after a rain out at the River Cities Speedway we went to the Parrots Kay and that's becoming one of my favorite places for Wings and beer.

• 2 weeks later...

That is good news, I went to one when I was in Buffalo, NY for training about three years ago. I liken it to a high end Dunkin Donuts.

Wonder if Minnesota rights include the Cities? If so, could be a major coupe, as food franchising compnies have wanted to bring Horton's into the Cities for years.

Maybe wanted Icon / AES for their development skills? Hortons and Dunkin Donuts are in a big time war, with the winner facing Starbucks. Starbucks to me is just a bit too yuppie, while Tim Horton's feels more like a small town cornerstore.

Just in GGF, could see stores at 32nd, N Columbia, far S Washington, downtown, and EGF.

Wonder if Minnesota rights include the Cities? If so, could be a major coupe, as food franchising compnies have wanted to bring Horton's into the Cities for years.

Maybe wanted Icon / AES for their development skills? Hortons and Dunkin Donuts are in a big time war, with the winner facing Starbucks. Starbucks to me is just a bit too yuppie, while Tim Horton's feels more like a small town cornerstore.

Just in GGF, could see stores at 32nd, N Columbia, far S Washington, downtown, and EGF.

I could see one opening on Gateway Dr. next to the new Walmart. Potentially lots of Canadian traffic there and they would drffinitely be drawn to it.

The south end is definitely changing, for the better. Choice Fitness is a nice place.

Choice Fitness looks nice...but was it built nice? Lots of quality craftsmanship was skipped over to get under budget and in the long run the taxpayer will be the ones fixing those issues later...

Choice Fitness looks nice...but was it built nice? Lots of quality craftsmanship was skipped over to get under budget and in the long run the taxpayer will be the ones fixing those issues later...

Doubt it... They are head of the goal and are in projected 2015 membership numbers to be self sufficient...So that is saying they couldn't add another membership however cant lose another one be sufficient until 2015 as of todays numbers if they kept the same price.

Doubt it... They are head of the goal and are in projected 2015 membership numbers to be self sufficient...So that is saying they couldn't add another membership however cant lose another one be sufficient until 2015 as of todays numbers if they kept the same price.

never said anything about membership numbers i just said that i know some of the contractors that worked out there and they just laughed at all the corners that were cut to keep it under budget (that in the long run will be more expesive to fix in the future instead of doing it right the first time (like the Ralph)..

never said anything about membership numbers i just said that i know some of the contractors that worked out there and they just laughed at all the corners that were cut to keep it under budget (that in the long run will be more expesive to fix in the future instead of doing it right the first time (like the Ralph)..

So we can watch for the deterioration of the facility, what corners were cut?

The city is listing a new ice center to be built on that land.

http://gfplanning.we...e-facility.html

The Park District has been raising money for this for more than a year. The Blue Line Club is a major supporter. I believe they have the majority of the money raised, but they don''t quite have all of it raised.

It is going to be 2 sheets of ice. Eight locker rooms, I believe, will be between the rinks with seating over the top of the locker rooms. Part of the reason for the additional ice is because indoor ice time is at a premium in Grand Forks-East Grand Forks all winter. Youth hockey could use more time, figure skating wants a lot more time, and adult hockey has a lot of demand that can't be filled.

The other reason for building these rinks is to bring a lot more hockey tournaments to town. Our local youth hockey teams play tournaments on the road all the time, and rarely play in town because they don't have available rink space. The current rinks are being used for league play on the weekends, especially Saturdays. Other youth hockey programs in the region would be interested in playing a tournament in Grand Forks versus having to travel longer distances. There are a lot of Canadian youth hockey teams looking for places to play tournaments. Plus the local figure skating group would like to add a couple of competitions. They project that they can book events in the building almost every weekend all winter. That equals a lot of hotel rooms filled on weekends, food and alcohol being served in restaurants, and shopping being done in local stores.

The plan is to pay for construction with donations and to pay for regular operations with money made on the tournaments and other events on the weekends. More information can be found on the GF Parks Foundation web site at https://gfparksfoundation.org/programs/ice-arena-campaign/.

So we can watch for the deterioration of the facility, what corners were cut?

i just know a crew that worked on that building that worked on other large building sites in this town and they said they laughed at some of the ways that were used to save money that is hidden behind nicely painted walls?? without getting into particulars

One night after a rain out at the River Cities Speedway we went to the Parrots Kay and that's becoming one of my favorite places for Wings and beer.

Parrots has the best wings I have had, and that includes Denver. I would love to get my hands on the #12 wing sauce recipe!

They're preliminary menu was pretty good, and I ate there alot, so at least they have that going for them.

Are you talking about Gilly's? Didn't realize they had reopened their kitchen. Very interested in seeing what kind of menu they can put together and if they can be successful at lunch for downtown, something like this could be real popular if they do it right..