SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Great food, atmosphere, and beer selection. Can get a little loud, but I suppose that may be the mark of a good/busy bar/restaurant.

\

Just opened a couple of weekends ago in West Fargo. Right off the interstate at 9th street if I remember right...

Italian Moon? Anyone for melted cheese on cardboard?

Last week, I got a grinder at the Red Pepper in Fargo. Sorely disappointed. It was light on everything..very bland. I'll wait til I get back to the forks location on University...

...and they charge you for it. Their prices have risen every year, it seems.

The cost of food has gone up as has the cost of pretty much everything. Their buffet has always been good and reasonably priced compared to what others charge in town. And you can get a beer included with your buffet....where else can you get that? Their buffet salad is real lettuce not the shredded crap. I personally love the moon. Don't think he'll get what he's asking for though. My only gripes about the place is how I saw his son treat his employees and that napkins seem limited....you need to ask for more. With that said, If ken does sell I'll miss what gf had in the moon.

In case you missed 'em, Pita Pit has in the past few months closed BOTH of its former locations in Grand Forks (near REA and on S. Washington next to Taco John's). They have re-opened a single store in the strip right next to Five Guys on 32nd Ave (in front of Hobby Lobby/Ashley/Kohl's). Don't know that I love the zombie-like move south (seems kind of inevitable, but still a bit of an eff ewe to UND students and staff), but I will definitely continue to support them.

Last week, I got a grinder at the Red Pepper in Fargo. Sorely disappointed. It was light on everything..very bland. I'll wait til I get back to the forks location on University...

I have never been a real fan of that place. I have friends that think it's the best and actually shipped it to the final five one year. I would rather have something else.

In case you missed 'em, Pita Pit has in the past few months closed BOTH of its former locations in Grand Forks (near REA and on S. Washington next to Taco John's). They have re-opened a single store in the strip right next to Five Guys on 32nd Ave (in front of Hobby Lobby/Ashley/Kohl's). Don't know that I love the zombie-like move south (seems kind of inevitable, but still a bit of an eff ewe to UND students and staff), but I will definitely continue to support them.

I wonder if the location at the REA strip mall was too expensive? I love their pitas'

• 3 weeks later...