SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Sanders. Toasted Frog.

Toasted Frog is better. As in younger hipper crowd. Vs stuffy old people Sanders. Only thing making Sanders fancy is high prices.

I would say Toasted Frog is a Sanders meets Rhombus guys.

Sanders all day over the frog. If you want a meal sanders is your place. If you want a snack the frog is awesome.

• Upvote 1

I know. But its a good date place. What would you say gf has two up scale restaurants? Fuji is also a fun date place.

Those are probably 3 good choices. I haven't been to Giuseppe's lately, but it used to be very good and a little more upscale for a special night out than Mamma Maria's.

Those are probably 3 good choices. I haven't been to Giuseppe's lately, but it used to be very good and a little more upscale for a special night out than Mamma Maria's.

I have never been there. Been meaning to try it. Reminds me, the back portion of el bistro has a nice ambience.

Another pretty nice place that is easily forgotten is Mama Maria's. Also convenient is you wanna take the lady to a movie.

I know. But its a good date place.

Dated a UNoD girl first year and a half or so of school. That is where she usually wanted to go. I personally didn't think it was anything special but it was located in a convenient spot for the movie following dinner.

I do rather enjoy Fargo backers promoting the alleged greatness of their town, a town where the dump is in city limits and on two major streets no less (and their refuse burial site is in city limits too).

Eh, the dump is in the industrial park part of town.

Sanders all day over the frog. If you want a meal sanders is your place. If you want a snack the frog is awesome.

We agree for once. When I am back there that is where I eat almost everyday. The one thing that Joe makes better than anyone else is the crème caramel. Duck burritos rock also.

i've had a good meals at the italian place in the alerus complex (it's name currently escapes me) and at eagles crest, though i would put both in a rung slightly below sanders, guisseppes, and the frog. I've been pretty pleased with the new sushi place on 3rd, though being fairly ignorant of sushi, I won't go and lump it in with the rest.

I do rather enjoy Fargo backers promoting the alleged greatness of their town, a town where the dump is in city limits and on two major streets no less (and their refuse burial site is in city limits too).

iirc, significant portions of downtown chicago and san fransisco, and probably many other cities, are built on old garbage piles. NYC has an entire borough that was dominated by a city dump for most of its modern history.

I'm about to go try that new Mexican place in egf. My spanish speaking from Texas coworker said its pretty good. But he likes authentic where I lean more paradiso ha.

Also if anyone tries wild bills tomorrow let us know how it is.

Went to Wild Bill's on Thursday for their soft opening. Food was very good with a nice beer selection and a good sports bar setup. We'll see how they handle a higher volume but I'll give it a preliminary thumbs up.

I'm about to go try that new Mexican place in egf. My spanish speaking from Texas coworker said its pretty good. But he likes authentic where I lean more paradiso ha.

Also if anyone tries wild bills tomorrow let us know how it is.

That place is about as Mexican as my blond hair and blue eyes. Cratter if you want to try Mexican come down here and we will go to La Cocina Economica and have birria with homemade tortillas and the best refried beans you have ever tasted. Wash it down with a big glass of horchata. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM La Capana aka Paradiso does not even serve Mexican food. Dog food yes. Mexican no. Come on refried beans from a can?

Has anyone had a pizza from marcos?

I have had pizza from Marco's. The sauce is very good: not too sweet, not too spicy. If you were really hungry when you posted your question, I hope you haven't starved to death waiting for my input.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like Dickey's BBQ on S. Washington is closed. Not surprising at all. That location will prevent most restaurants from be sucessful. But Dickey's might not have made in any location with the quality of food they served.

Anyone know what is going on with the Albatross?

Sounds like Dickey's BBQ on S. Washington is closed. Not surprising at all. That location will prevent most restaurants from be sucessful. But Dickey's might not have made in any location with the quality of food they served.

According to a blog entry from the "Grand Forks Gourmet", there's a sign on the Dickey's door which indicates that they have had some equipment problems, and that they expect to re-open shortly. Whether that's actually true or not, I have no idea.

According to a blog entry from the "Grand Forks Gourmet", there's a sign on the Dickey's door which indicates that they have had some equipment problems, and that they expect to re-open shortly. Whether that's actually true or not, I have no idea.

The GF location has been removed from the map of Dickey's locations on their website. I agree the food was not very good...only tried it twice and wasn't impressed either time.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.albatrossgf.com/

Appears as though they are only open via reservation until their "Grand Opening" the beginning of August...

Toasted Frog, Blue Moose, Whitey's, Rhombus Guys, and Mama Maria's are all unique Grand Forks restaurants that are solid. JL Beers is a quickly expanding North Dakota original as well. Personally, my favorite place in town is the Parrot's Cay. Awesome wings, pasta, apps, and a good beer selection.

I miss the parrot's Cay wings so much! I make it a point to stop there every time I am back in GF!