SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Casa Mexico, EGF - initial impressions:

D+/C-

Saturday evening, not particularly busy, seated right away but service was dreadfully slow. Servers literally running around; overheard lots of apologies. Chips and salsa were decent. The family seemed generally pleased. Kids' burger and chicken strips were well received, and the wife's chimichanga was not hard-fried but otherwise okay. My combo plate was COLD. The food AND the plate. First time EVER that a plate at a Mexican joint was not searingly hot to the touch. At least my food matched the atmosphere...the dining area and restrooms were unexcusably shiver-inducing. Don't know the proprietors' story, but I was not impressed. Server comped us four soft drinks, but that might not be enough to get me back any time soon. Had high hopes; now have dashed hopes. Still waiting for a better-quality Mexican restaurant to emerge.

Try the one in Crookston that use to be a Pizza Hut. Good Mexican food there. Try the chili con carne that will not be what you are expecting.

• 3 weeks later...

so, is there anywhere to get a good, or even decent, deep dish pizza in grand forks?

Only place I imagine would be decent would be Marcos. Don't know if it's good or even if they have deep dish but Rhombus, Deeks, Popolinos, and the big chains don't have anything special in the deep dish category so Marcos is really all that's left.

Only place I imagine would be decent would be Marcos. Don't know if it's good or even if they have deep dish but Rhombus, Deeks, Popolinos, and the big chains don't have anything special in the deep dish category so Marcos is really all that's left.

I don't even think Marcos has a deep dish option. The only thing I can think of is the Green Mill that has deep dish pizza

Speaking of deep dish. My brother bought a pizza joint in town. I've been thinking of trying to copy Chicago deep dish and have him sell that as you can't really get it around here...wonder why?

I've wondered about that other places too, maybe they take a lot longer to bake or the cost is a lot more because of ingredients? I really don't know, just guessing.

There is a place we used to eat at in Canada when we fished up there that had pizza so thick you could stick your fork in it and the tines would be completely buried, I wish I could find a place like that somewhere when I'm traveling.

Where is the Noodles at?

Also, any recommendations of places for breakfast in Grand Forks?

Ruby Tuesdays has an AWESOME breakfast buffet on Sundays. I think its like 12 bucks, but they have their salad bar open as well as eggs, sausage, bacon, eggs benedict, made to order omelets meatballs, prime rib, and even a smoothie bar!! I think it may be the only place with a breakfast buffet in Grand forks. Definitely worth it if you are staying through Sunday! Ruby Tuesdays is on 32nd Ave right by the IHop near the !29 exit.

Ruby Tuesdays has an AWESOME breakfast buffet on Sundays. I think its like 12 bucks, but they have their salad bar open as well as eggs, sausage, bacon, eggs benedict, made to order omelets meatballs, prime rib, and even a smoothie bar!! I think it may be the only place with a breakfast buffet in Grand forks. Definitely worth it if you are staying through Sunday! Ruby Tuesdays is on 32nd Ave right by the IHop near the !29 exit.

Eagle's Crest (King's Walk) has a pretty good Sunday brunch buffet as well.

grand junction use to be up there too

Yeah, until they moved from the Happy Harry's strip mall to the Town and Country Mall. That killed it off, I think people weren't willing to travel halfway across town to go there. I used to live right behind the Town and Country Mall, however, so I used to walk over there and get one of their subs. They were fantastic.

Ok. That was probably a long time ago. What year did he sell? Over ten years ago? I never had their subs back in the day.

Easily over 10 years ago. The original Fat Alberts was closed before Ernie sold the name. The reason I know this is because Ernie told me this at my house. Is your brother ever going to get a real oven?