SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Are you talking about Gilly's? Didn't realize they had reopened their kitchen. Very interested in seeing what kind of menu they can put together and if they can be successful at lunch for downtown, something like this could be real popular if they do it right..

Was Gilly's, now Brick & Barley Bar & Restaurant. Craft beers(48 taps) and a much different and expanded menu.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/270957/

Was Gilly's, now Brick & Barley Bar & Restaurant. Craft beers(48 taps) and a much different and expanded menu.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/270957/

Aware of all of that but I was unaware that Gilly's had reopened their kitchen which is why I was wondering about what mg was talking about when he referenced a preliminary menu. Have never seen a food menu from Gilly's and the new place doesn't have one listed anywhere yet either. Interested to see if they can have a successful lunch menu, could do very well if done right.

Aware of all of that but I was unaware that Gilly's had reopened their kitchen which is why I was wondering about what mg was talking about when he referenced a preliminary menu. Have never seen a food menu from Gilly's and the new place doesn't have one listed anywhere yet either. Interested to see if they can have a successful lunch menu, could do very well if done right.

Eating food at the old Gilly's seems questionable at best...regardless of the time of day. I will give this new place a try, love craft beers.

Gilly's/Brick & Barley is taking a big business risk by going away from the loud music, crazy drunk college dance scene that they were known for and going for a more casual bar/restaurant setting that you can actually carry on a conversation while there. They took the dance floor out a while ago and are doing some major remodeling. But I can see it doing very well if they get the message out to the adult/business crowd that they are no longer a loud college party bar. GF could use more trendy, slightly upscale establishments for the recent college grads and 30+ crowd that are over the dance scene to hang out at.

I think the risk is lessened by the fact that they also own two of the bars where their loud college party crowd will likely go. They'll go from having three party bars that aren't living up to their traffic potential to having two party bars that should see traffic increases and a new concept with potential if it's run well. I like the strategy.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

West Fargo is getting a Blarney Stone real soon. Same owners as the one in Bismarck. From what I remember they have great food, unique and made from scratch mostly.

Great food, atmosphere, and beer selection. Can get a little loud, but I suppose that may be the mark of a good/busy bar/restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard Ken Towers is looking to sell the Italian Moon...price tag $1M.

It's a GF icon for as long as I can remember. We hit it at least one night during a UND home hockey series.