SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Fun to go to IHOP to watch how bad the service is.

I like bww. They are expanding.

And JL Beers.

Toasted Frog: A younger "hipper" Sanders.

Heard the rumor southgate is closing. Turning it into Famous Dave's.

Dude, you have some good choice in food/eateries. I have never eaten at J.L.'s though....

The Boardwalk is also pretty good in my experience. It's a step below Sanders and Toasted Frog as far as being upscale but it's a step above Blue Moose and those type of places. They bought the Applebees deck so they have nice outdoor seating now too. Location is convenient for the movie theater also (sandwiched between Blue Moose and Mike's Pizza).

The Boardwalk is also pretty good in my experience. It's a step below Sanders and Toasted Frog as far as being upscale but it's a step above Blue Moose and those type of places. They bought the Applebees deck so they have nice outdoor seating now too. Location is convenient for the movie theater also (sandwiched between Blue Moose and Mike's Pizza).

Good place. Don't forget its 21+ though (as is JL Beers and Parrot's Cay).

I do rather enjoy Fargo backers promoting the alleged greatness of their town, a town where the dump is in city limits and on two major streets no less (and their refuse burial site is in city limits too).

So many of you missed what I wrote ... note the use of the word "too" when you re-read it. ;)

Thanks, I meant the truth. Dickeys said they were opening in a couple days too and appear to be closed for good. Wondering why a place would shut down for a couple months after opening?

According to their web page and facebook page, they are available for private bookings. I guess one could call them to see if that is true or not. There's a poster on this site who claims to be close friends with the owner of Albatross, perhaps he/she could post a more accurate update. Personally, I think it's the wrong type of restaurant for that location. That location needs a sports bar that is geared towards college age and blue collare type folks to be successful...at least in my opinion.

According to their web page and facebook page, they are available for private bookings. I guess one could call them to see if that is true or not. There's a poster on this site who claims to be close friends with the owner of Albatross, perhaps he/she could post a more accurate update. Personally, I think it's the wrong type of restaurant for that location. That location needs a sports bar that is geared towards college age and blue collare type folks to be successful...at least in my opinion.

I don't think that would even work. Look at the Down UNDer and how slow it got there. It seems all the college kids go downtown with a bunch of bars to kangaroo around. More like this building should never have been built to start with. Usual result of businessmen thinking they are restaurateurs. One thing I always thought about this place when it was built that there are only so many home games a year. So the parking lot fills up with people before the game and if they leave their cars there no parking for anyone else during the game. After the game people are parked all over the area and to far away from the building to want to go there after the game. Does anyone really want to walk to the ramp or the lot across from the Nursing school in 10 below weather?
  • Upvote 1

I don't think that would even work. Look at the Down UNDer and how slow it got there. It seems all the college kids go downtown with a bunch of bars to kangaroo around. More like this building should never have been built to start with. Usual result of businessmen thinking they are restaurateurs. One thing I always thought about this place when it was built that there are only so many home games a year. So the parking lot fills up with people before the game and if they leave their cars there no parking for anyone else during the game. After the game people are parked all over the area and to far away from the building to want to go there after the game. Does anyone really want to walk to the ramp or the lot across from the Nursing school in 10 below weather?

Look at the Down UNDer and how terrible of an environment it was. Crappy old tvs in a basement with just an overall unclean feeling.