SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Easily over 10 years ago. The original Fat Alberts was closed before Ernie sold the name.

"Back in the Day" for me was college in the mid 90s. They were located right around the Columbia/Gateway Dr. intersection, weren't they? For some reason I seem to remember they never really made it back from the '97 flood.

"Back in the Day" for me was college in the mid 90s. They were located right around the Columbia/Gateway Dr. intersection, weren't they? For some reason I seem to remember they never really made it back from the '97 flood.

You are right. They were next to the car wash and the Jewish cemetery and Ernie still owned it. I can't remember if they opened after the flood or not.

If anyone is going to Missoula for the BSC mens tournament this week I would recommend Paul's Pancake Parlor on Brooks for breakfast, Red Robin on Brooks for lunch, and Ciao Mambo (Italian) or El Cazador (Mexican) on Higgins for dinner, can't go wrong on any of those. Also many chains on Reserve like Outback, Perkins, Carino's (Italian), Famous Dave's, Cracker Barrel, Fuddruckers, etc..

If anyone is going to Missoula for the BSC mens tournament this week I would recommend Paul's Pancake Parlor on Brooks for breakfast, Red Robin on Brooks for lunch, and Ciao Mambo (Italian) or El Cazador (Mexican) on Higgins for dinner, can't go wrong on any of those. Also many chains on Reserve like Outback, Perkins, Carino's (Italian), Famous Dave's, Cracker Barrel, Fuddruckers, etc..

Red Robin is a chain also.

• 1 month later...

Panera is coming! Panera is coming! Welcome to the mid-1990s, Grand Forks!

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/261431/

When Imperial Cass gets a professional sports franchise (sorry, the Red Hawks don't count), then you can come on here and talk trash. But if all you have is Panera (which I have never even heard of), then you are shooting blanks.

Hate to burst your bubble. But Fargo doesn't currently have one. And it doesn't say much for you if you never heard if it before.

They are moving where Chili's was and Chili's is moving into West Acres where Grizzleys was. It won't be open for quite awhile.

When Imperial Cass gets a professional sports franchise (sorry, the Red Hawks don't count), then you can come on here and talk trash. But if all you have is Panera (which I have never even heard of), then you are shooting blanks.

Someone is butthurt about Grand Forks being a dump.

• Upvote 1

My point was his post didn't have anything to do with Fargo as Fargo doesn't have one. But somehow you related it to Fargo. My other point was just because you haven't heard of it doesnt mean its not popular. Some people would read it as your not popular and need to get out more.

Get it now?

My point was his post didn't have anything to do with Fargo as Fargo doesn't have one. But somehow you related it to Fargo. My other point was just because you haven't heard of it doesnt mean its not popular. Some people would read it as your not popular and need to get out more.

Get it now?

Yeah, I get it now. But you don't get the fact that this Bison troll was taking a shot at Grand Forks in his post. And since NDSU is located in Fargo, a lot of Bison fans like to rub Fargo's growth in our faces. And if you don't think that was part of the reason for his post, then you need to get out more.

Edit: It looks like he's a Gopher fan, not a Bison fan. Either way, he's a troll and will be dealt with accordingly.

Yeah, I get it now. But you don't get the fact that this Bison troll was taking a shot at Grand Forks in his post. And since NDSU is located in Fargo, a lot of Bison fans like to rub Fargo's growth in our faces. And if you don't think that was part of the reason for his post, then you need to get out more.

Edit: It looks like he's a Gopher fan, not a Bison fan. Either way, he's a troll and will be dealt with accordingly.

In the immortal words of Jules Winnfield, "allow me to retort."

Taking a shot at Grand Forks? Of course! Who anointed you Protector of Civic Pride, anyway? Besides, I think the old girl can take it.

Bison fan? Nope.

Gopher fan? Not even close. (Look again. The photograph reads "Gopher Liquors [Lickers]" -- why is it that so many people on here have such trouble with phonetic equivalents? NDSU education working for y'all?)

Troll? Why the name calling?

Dealt with accordingly? Oooh...please elaborate. (I think I just got a tingle.)

Now, can we please stay on topic? Where do I sign the petition for a Long John Silver's, or a fourth Taco John's? ;)

• Upvote 1