SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I don't think that would even work. Look at the Down UNDer and how slow it got there. It seems all the college kids go downtown with a bunch of bars to kangaroo around. More like this building should never have been built to start with. Usual result of businessmen thinking they are restaurateurs. One thing I always thought about this place when it was built that there are only so many home games a year. So the parking lot fills up with people before the game and if they leave their cars there no parking for anyone else during the game. After the game people are parked all over the area and to far away from the building to want to go there after the game. Does anyone really want to walk to the ramp or the lot across from the Nursing school in 10 below weather?

There is more than just hockey games. The Betty hostis volleyball, MBB, and WBB, I still feel a UND themed sports bar would do well. I understand that downtown is the place to be, but students don't go downtown every day of the week. JL Beers and BWW's seem to do just fine...get a restaurant similar to those two as far as a pricing point, and have a UND theme/memorabilia to it and I think it would do fine...definitely better than Suite 49 and Albatross.

How's Whiteys doing?

Food is good, but the environment is still lacking and the # of customers is beginning to dwindle again. The owner is a really nice guy, but the current manager isn't doing much to help the place keep customers.

Tbone where is Marco's located? It has been a while, but when I lived in Grand forks about ten years ago there was a pizza place that had a train running around the restuant above heads. Is it still there?

Marco's is located at the corner of South Washington Street and 40th Avenue South. There are temporary stoplights at the intersection now; soon to be permanent. Choice Wellness is nearby. The pizza place with the train is Happy Joe's, which is still in the same building on South Washington.

Marco's is located at the corner of South Washington Street and 40th Avenue South. There are temporary stoplights at the intersection now; soon to be permanent. Choice Wellness is nearby. The pizza place with the train is Happy Joe's, which is still in the same building on South Washington.

The south end is definitely changing, for the better. Choice Fitness is a nice place.

• 5 weeks later...