SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

great wall buffet has a better Mongolian grill then huhot does

Even if it does, it loses serious points for being a filthy mess of a Chinese buffet joint. Neither of GF's Chinese buffets are worth the trouble. HuHot serves hot, fresh food. No health inspectors running around with thermometers. And they are ALWAYS tending to the meat and veggie stations.

• Upvote 1

In case you missed 'em, Pita Pit has in the past few months closed BOTH of its former locations in Grand Forks (near REA and on S. Washington next to Taco John's). They have re-opened a single store in the strip right next to Five Guys on 32nd Ave (in front of Hobby Lobby/Ashley/Kohl's). Don't know that I love the zombie-like move south (seems kind of inevitable, but still a bit of an eff ewe to UND students and staff), but I will definitely continue to support them.

You know the Pita Pit on Washington lasted longer in that building than anything else ever did. Trivia time. What was original restaurant that the building was built for? More trivia. What was where Taco John's and the Pita Pit sits and what was on the north side of Taco John's?

Even if it does, it loses serious points for being a filthy mess of a Chinese buffet joint. Neither of GF's Chinese buffets are worth the trouble. HuHot serves hot, fresh food. No health inspectors running around with thermometers. And they are ALWAYS tending to the meat and veggie stations.

HuHot in Bismarck is always getting written up for health code violations. It certainly does "feel" cleaner than the average buffet though.

You know the Pita Pit on Washington lasted longer in that building than anything else ever did. Trivia time. What was original restaurant that the building was built for? More trivia. What was where Taco John's and the Pita Pit sits and what was on the north side of Taco John's?

Giovanni's the answer to one of those questions?

Arthur Treacher's was there, but I thought Taco Johns was there at the same time.

Winner! Taco John's was there also. It was built as an Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips. But what was there before the restaurants? And what was in the building between Taco John's and Denny's Bar? More trivia time. What was where Taco Bell on 13th is now? What was where Burger King is now? What was where Gramma's is now? There were two different things there. What was where Wendy's is?

Winner! Taco John's was there also. It was built as an Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips. But what was there before the restaurants? And what was in the building between Taco John's and Denny's Bar? More trivia time. What was where Taco Bell on 13th is now? What was where Burger King is now? What was where Gramma's is now? There were two different things there. What was where Wendy's is?

Was there a King Leo's on the BK property?

Was there a King Leo's on the BK property?

BINGO! The Big Leo I always thought was better than a Big Mac. If you remember King Leos do you remember what was where Simonson's is? These really are not that easy of questions. These places all have been gone for a real long time. If you are not over 45 they will be tough.

BINGO! The Big Leo I always thought was better than a Big Mac. If you remember King Leos do you remember what was where Simonson's is? These really are not that easy of questions. These places all have been gone for a real long time. If you are not over 45 they will be tough.

The only reason I got King Leo's was because my mom worked there when she was in HS and I remember her talking about it as a kid! :lol:

Taco Time where Taco Bells was. Henry's Hamburgers where Gramma's is. Not sure on Wendy's.

I don't remember Ugly's. I'm thinking it was empty for a long time before Topper's.

I think this is true...there was a period of time where that building was vacant before Topper's. Ugly's would've been early to mid-80s based on my recollection.