SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

True Fact. 2 of the oldest players to play in the WCHA are Dan Woog who turned 25 shortly after his senior season(April 30) and Steve DeBus who left "early" after his junior year when he was 25.(would have been a 26 year old senior)

How old was the old Bulldog Brad Federenko? He must've been like 40...I think he had a mortgage and a couple kids...just kidding, but most teams have had 24-25 year olds show up on the roster from time to time.

<cough> ... UND ... <cough-cough> ... Jason Blake ... <cough-cough>

Zane Gothberg was simply amazing in the nets last night for the Fargo Force. A Lincoln team that completely dominated his Fargo Force squad had to go to OT to move on in the USHL playoffs, mainly due to Zane. I believe he made 46 saves or something like that in just a little over 65 minutes.

Zane Gothberg was simply amazing in the nets last night for the Fargo Force. A Lincoln team that completely dominated his Fargo Force squad had to go to OT to move on in the USHL playoffs, mainly due to Zane. I believe he made 46 saves or something like that in just a little over 65 minutes.

Did you go to the game last night? If so, what did you think about the recruits on the Lincoln side? I thought that even though LaDue and Johnson didn't figure in on the Stars' scoring last night, they were both pretty good. LaDue has impressed every time I've seen him play - he's really sharp offensively w/out being a liability, as he gets involved in the play quite well while maintaining his defensive responsibilities. Johnson is just a heady player, really good awareness, very good at finding the open areas of the offensive zone. He can be a bugger on the forecheck too.

Did not go to the game, but I have a friend who is a season ticket holder/huge Sioux fan that texted me afterwards and was pretty excited about Zane's performance. Shots don't always tell the story, but when you get outshot like that at home, you're goaltending needs to be superb to keep you alive.

I saw LaDue and Johnson play earlier in Fargo this year and both impressed me. LaDue is just so steadily good on the blue line, and so good with the puck, and making outlets out of his own end.

Johnson...well you can tell that he has been around hockey his entire life, and been coached up a wee bit as well. I think it was already said...extremely good awareness of where he's at at all times, and just tenacious on the forecheck. He creates a ton of chances for not only himself but his linemates.

I just looked at Miles Koules twitter page and it used to say something about UND on his bio or whatever and now it doesn't. I don't know if it means anything obviously but just thought it was interesting.

You can take him off the list he just said on twitter he has decided to go to the Medicine Hat Tigers. If you are not committed to the program than don't commit, although I'm not to worried about losing him, I'm not gonna wish him a whole lot of luck.

Good luck to him. He really didn't seem to progress much but maybe the USA team didn't use him properly.

I highly doubt the USA team misused him during his time there. He's just not that good and didn't develop. It happens to a lot of younger talented hockey players when they're 15-18.

Miles Koules just tweeted that he will play for Medicine Hat next season.

No surprise there. There have been rumors for weeks.

No surprised at all. His progress/development seems to have cooled off. He was really up and down playing with the USNTDP.

And considering he seems to be really good friends with Stefan Matteau...definitely saw it coming. Honestly, those kids who play for the USA hockey program aren't really reliable until they show up to college.

Who is running the USA teams in Ann Arbor? They seem to be turning out a ton of kids who don't honor their word and flee to Major Jrs in Canada. pretty classless group of kids in my opinion. Give kudos to Seth Jones though, he seems to be the only one who has shown true class on not making a commitment until he has made a decision. I have a lot of respect for that kid no matter what his decision is.

Time for UND to stay away from the USA Hockey prospects.

What does UND do now? They bringing in someone early but now we have a opening don't we with koules not coming. Fill it with another stud

UND does nothing.

We are losing 2 forwards and bringing in 3. We're fine. Plus we get Grimaldi and St Clair back, both of whom will be in the freshman class technically.

UND does nothing.

We are losing 2 forwards and bringing in 3. We're fine. Plus we get Grimaldi and St Clair back, both of whom will be in the freshman class technically.

Yeah, I wonder if Koules didn't expect to see a whole lot of ice time playing here. Our forward depth for next season is pretty solid. Guessing he'd probably get more playing time at Medicine Hat than here.

Yeah, I wonder if Koules didn't expect to see a whole lot of ice time playing here. Our forward depth for next season is pretty solid. Guessing he'd probably get more playing time at Medicine Hat than here.

Probably, I don't think his style of play is suited for a lower line role, which is where he would be playing until at least his Junior year. I was hoping he would come here and Hakstol could get his development back on track, but whatever he was our third best forward recruit this year anyway.

I know this is not a big loss for UND but it really just irks me. I knew when Koules tweeted that he was headed to NY with Matteau that only bad things would follow. I just go back to the old saying if you aren't sure don't committ. I don't want to wish bad things on anyone but all I can say is Karma. Perhaps Koules and Matteau will be able to someday play on the same team. Birds of a feather flock together.

• Upvote 1