SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Chris Heisenberg (CH) who folws all of college recruits tweeted a number of things after Koules de-commit that ring with me so here you go:

CH: " Fundamental problem with the USNDPT is that by disrupting 16 yo kids in order to help them on pro path, it's hard to prevent them from going pro"

CH: "And "problem" is not the right word. But kids breaking commitments reflects poorly on them and parents. If you're not sure then don't commit"

CH: " And lastly ,in my view, if you are going pro, at least get something guaranteed out of it to make it worth your while. If you pass NCAA scholarship for pros (WHL) get either a guaranteed ed. package (not one that voids if you sign contract) or lots of cash."

The part about reflecting poorly on the player and parents stands out to me. I know that when JT Miller decommitted so late I thought to myself, "How could you trust him in the future?"

At least Koules and Matteu jumped early enough that the coaches can plan accordingly.

Gregoire was initially a DU commit as well, unless I am mistaken

True.....But, Gregiore was recruited to play at Denver for the 07-08 season which is why he verbaled to play there instead of UND who wanted him to play 2 years in the USHL and come to UND in 08-09.....Denver changed their mind and told him they would like him to play an additional year in the USHL at which time he decided to go back to his first choice which was UND.

I always get a kick out of the kids/players who leave, or in Koules' case de-commit, because of "ice time". If you're really that damn good, you earn your ice time. Nobody was born with a "guaranteed 22;30+ TOI" stamped on their ass. Well, maybe Ovechkin ... :lol:

Sioux recruit Chris Wilkie tweeted

It's nice to see that, but he's still a couple years out. I'll feel a lot better once he is on campus.

Sioux recruit Chris Wilkie tweeted

It's nice to see that, but he's still a couple years out. I'll feel a lot better once he is on campus.

He must been doing some reading on how kids from there aren't faithful to the team they commit and I 2 won't believe it until he's wearing the Sioux Jersey

I wonder if Mr. Wilkie reads up on SS.com and saw my comment wondering if he'll ever end up coming to UND. :lol:

I like the reassurances but just like Brendan Lemieux, I won't believe it till I see them donning a UND jersey.

I wonder if Mr. Wilkie reads up on SS.com and saw my comment wondering if he'll ever end up coming to UND. :lol:

I like the reassurances but just like Brendan Lemieux, I won't believe it till I see them donning a UND jersey.

what's that website you posted on? ss.com isn't a sports deal

I always get a kick out of the kids/players who leave, or in Koules' case de-commit, because of "ice time". If you're really that damn good, you earn your ice time. Nobody was born with a "guaranteed 22;30+ TOI" stamped on their ass. Well, maybe Ovechkin ... :lol:

well put

... and maybe if you're concerned about ice time, you should be more concerned about getting a college education. I guess this doesn't pertain to him, because he can just live off his dad's royalties for the "Saw" films for the rest of his life.

Nobody was born with a "guaranteed 22;30+ TOI" stamped on their ass. Well, maybe Ovechkin ... :lol:

Now that there is funny given that Ovie was sixth in TOI for the Caps forwards last night. (Former Seawolf Jay Beagle was first with 2.5 times the minutes of Ovie.)

Guaranteed ice time indeed. (Insert Dale Hunter's laughing here.)

John Buccigross had Paul Kelly, former executive director of College Hockey Inc., on his radio show/podcast - whatever it's called. About 5:45 in they touch on kids de-committing and heading north of the border. Buccigross specifically calls out the NTDP. What I got out of Kelly's reply was a lot of "blah, blah, blah" - kind of sounded like the teacher in Charlie Brown cartoons.

Hockey Today

12:00 in they also talk about players being able to wear half-shields.

• Upvote 1

Another Ann Arbor kid not keeping his word, Michigan State the victim here.

Anyone know anything about this? I did a quick search and found he was drafted by a team in the OHL called the Bellvue Bulls.

Michael McCarron ā€ @MacAttackUSA93

Officially decommited from MSU

His most recent tweets seem to indicate that he plans to commit to Cornell. His older brother plays there.

What's going with the D-team? Live breath and eat USA hockey then jump to Canada

This isn't anything new. It's just more frequent and common now. It used to be all the Michigan recruits. Now it seems us and Miami are taking a lot of the hits. I bet pretty soon if you go to the NTDP and keep your college scholarship, you'll be an outsider. The latest de-commit though, the McCarron kid, is a different case since he's just decided to go to a different school.

On a side note, I thought it was a pretty telling/interesting that Luke Voltin favorited my tweet that said him getting kicked off the NTDP was the best thing that ever happened to him. I guess he agrees! haha. I get the impression he was glad to get out of there. You won't be able to convince me that something strange isn't going on in Ann Arbor though. But then again, the NTDP doesn't care about kids keeping their college commitments. They care about getting kids drafted high.

On a side note, I thought it was a pretty telling/interesting that Luke Voltin favorited my tweet that said him getting kicked off the NTDP was the best thing that ever happened to him. I guess he agrees! haha. I get the impression he was glad to get out of there. You won't be able to convince me that something strange isn't going on in Ann Arbor though. But then again, the NTDP doesn't care about kids keeping their college commitments. They care about getting kids drafted high.

I would expect a kid that got expelled from the program to be a little sore about it and act like he is happy about it. It is sort of like the guy who gets dumped by the hot chick and then acts like she was really ugly afterward. It's just sour grapes. Kids don't get kicked out of that program unless there is a pretty big discipline issue.

I would expect a kid that got expelled from the program to be a little sore about it and act like he is happy about it. It is sort of like the guy who gets dumped by the hot chick and then acts like she was really ugly afterward. It's just sour grapes. Kids don't get kicked out of that program unless there is a pretty big discipline issue.

If the reasons for his dismissal that I heard are accurate, I'd be pretty sour too.

• 4 weeks later...

Jordan Schmaltz '100 percent committed' to North Dakota, not Windsor Spitfires

"I'm 100 percent committed to North Dakota," said the projected second-round choice, who's been the subject of speculation over whether he'll play since his OHL rights are held by the resourceful Windsor Spitfires, a possible contender next season. "I think it's going to be great for me. Get a lot faster, get a lot stronger. It's a great system with a great coach, Dave Hakstol. They have a great facility with a great strength coach, Mark Poolman, who's helped a lot of guys get to the NHL."

"Again, North Dakota's the place for me," the Madison, Wisc., native said. "I just don't think I'm NHL-ready right now, so I think it's that year or two or maybe even three to develop that's going to help me."

Hopefully he still feels this way after the NHL Draft.