SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/

Has a some good information about Fargo's and Lincoln's connections to UND. One interesting note is that the writer stated that Paul LaDue would be coming in next year. I don't see a reason for him to come in next year. He will be extremely hard pressed for playing time. Better to go back to Lincoln for one more year and possibly be the favorite for Defenseman of the Year in the USHL.

Has a some good information about Fargo's and Lincoln's connections to UND. One interesting note is that the writer stated that Paul LaDue would be coming in next year. I don't see a reason for him to come in next year. He will be extremely hard pressed for playing time. Better to go back to Lincoln for one more year Oand possibly be the favorite for Defenseman of the Year in the USHL.

I don't think that was accurate. Keep in mind the Fargo beat writer wrote that, so I don't think he knows any inside info since Paul was a 2012/13 recruit. And when Mac decided to stay that pretty much glued Paul for another year in Lincoln. It's going to be tough to crack that blue line next year

Has a some good information about Fargo's and Lincoln's connections to UND. One interesting note is that the writer stated that Paul LaDue would be coming in next year. I don't see a reason for him to come in next year. He will be extremely hard pressed for playing time. Better to go back to Lincoln for one more year and possibly be the favorite for Defenseman of the Year in the USHL.

Paul could return to Lincoln, but he really has nothing to prove at the USHL level. In addition this brings in another right handed defenseman along with Jordan Schmatlz, in which the Sioux will need. I think if he comes in next year, he'll get some playing time. He'll for sure add extra depth to the D corps.

I don't think that was accurate. Keep in mind the Fargo beat writer wrote that, so I don't think he knows any inside info since Paul was a 2012/13 recruit. And when Mac decided to stay that pretty much glued Paul for another year in Lincoln. It's going to be tough to crack that blue line next year

That's what I though as well. The only way I can see him coming next year is if someone unexpectedly leaves or if Jordan Schmaltz bolts for the OHL. Neither of which I can see happening.

Paul could return to Lincoln, but he really has nothing to prove at the USHL level. In addition this brings in another right handed defenseman along with Jordan Schmatlz, in which the Sioux will need. I think if he comes in next year, he'll get some playing time. He'll for sure add extra depth to the D corps.

Forbort, Mattson, MacWilliam, Simpson, and Gleason are all proven contributors. He would have to beat out Schmaltz next year which I don't see happening, as well as Panzarella who played in almost every game this year. LaDue will probably be a 4 year player, there is no reason for him to come to UND next year to ride the bench when he still has Junior eligibility left.

I think LaDue is coming, but remember injuries have a way of dealing out the playing time, even for those that maybe aren't projected to be a top 6 D. I mean, who would have thought Panzarella was going to play as much as he did this year? Good thing he seemed pretty much ready to contribute.

Looks like Coltyn Sanderson just committed. Anyone know anything about him?

http://twitter.com/#...ColtynSanderson

Here are some of his stats, looks like he plays for Weyburn in the SJHL. Maybe a recruited walk-on. Has good size though.

www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/en/stats/player.php?id=242

Looks like he is coming in this fall, hopefully this isn't a response to an upcoming early departure (Kristo).

Looks like he is coming in this fall, hopefully this isn't a response to an upcoming early departure (Kristo).

Looks like Drake Caggiula will be coming this fall too by this tweet "signing National Letter of Intent, part of the North Dakota hockey family, #greatfeeling #seeyouinthefall"

With both of these guys coming in the fall, I'm thinking Kristo is as good as gone. I can see Sanderson coming in to add depth but I think Caggiula can be a real contributor, so I would expect he is coming in because their is room for him in the lineup. Hopefully I am wrong and Kristo is staying, Hakstol just wanting to avoid the injury situation of last year and bringing in some extra bodies.

Well via twitter: @drakecaggiula: signing National Letter of Intent, part of the North Dakota hockey family, #greatfeeling #seeyouinthefall

So it appears he is coming in the fall. Even in Kristo stays (which isn't going to happen) I like this move with him coming in. He'll be a key contributor at UND. I think he'l'l be a great 4 year player. If he develops quickly he could be gone after 3.

After watching what he did in his leagues playoffs I am very excited to see what he can to at UND! Also I know people are saying this means that Kristo is probably gone but with both Sanderson and Caggiula coming in this fall could that mean that Koules is not?

After watching what he did in his leagues playoffs I am very excited to see what he can to at UND! Also I know people are saying this means that Kristo is probably gone but with both Sanderson and Caggiula coming in this fall could that mean that Koules is not?

Possibly, but after seeing Koules play in person and Caggiula from that video, Caggiula brings much more to the table, plus from what I have heard he is pretty physical. Koules seems to have gone downhill as a prospect so it wouldn't be that big of a loss if he decided to go the Major Junior route.

Possibly, but after seeing Koules play in person and Caggiula from that video, Caggiula brings much more to the table, plus from what I have heard he is pretty physical. Koules seems to have gone downhill as a prospect so it wouldn't be that big of a loss if he decided to go the Major Junior route.

My opinion on the Koules situation is that I would rather have guys here that are 100 percent committed to being here. Anyone who is debating about backing out on a commitment is not committed to the program. This goes for any player. I mean, I realize kids change their minds, but learn the meaning of the word "commitment" before you make one.

My opinion on the Koules situation is that I would rather have guys here that are 100 percent committed to being here. Anyone who is debating about backing out on a commitment is not committed to the program. This goes for any player. I mean, I realize kids change their minds, but learn the meaning of the word "commitment" before you make one.

To be fair to Koules, everything I have heard/read has him saying that he is firm in his commitment to UND. The controversy here is that his WHL rights were traded to the team that his dad had played for, therefore making people think he was going there. I really think he is coming to UND in the fall. Most of our recruits have been drafted into the CHL, Koules' situation got the most attention because he plays for a high-profile program that has a history of player's backing out on their college commitments.

To be fair to Koules, everything I have heard/read has him saying that he is firm in his commitment to UND. The controversy here is that his WHL rights were traded to the team that his dad had played for, therefore making people think he was going there. I really think he is coming to UND in the fall. Most of our recruits have been drafted into the CHL, Koules' situation got the most attention because he plays for a high-profile program that has a history of player's backing out on their college commitments.

Exactly. I've grown to prefer if our recruits don't play for that program. It hasn't seemed to work out too well for us lately. I hope Koules comes. I really do. But if not, I'm not going to get too broken up about it either.

Exactly. I've grown to prefer if our recruits don't play for that program. It hasn't seemed to work out too well for us lately. I hope Koules comes. I really do. But if not, I'm not going to get too broken up about it either.

I agree with you. When Nick Schmaltz and Brendan Lemieux initially turned down the NTDP, I was happy solely because of the reason you stated, but it also scares me because by playing in the USHL instead of the NTDP they are allowed to jump to the OHL if wanted without violating their NTDP contract.

A 21 year old freshman from Moose Jaw. I don't think some rival fans will be able to handle it.

By the end of his four years he'll have turned into a 29 year old goon Canadian hose head.

Great signing. A four year guy that will be a significant contributor by the time his senior year rolls around. I like the role player signings.

Just ask about Serratore and Parenteau!

True Fact. 2 of the oldest players to play in the WCHA are Dan Woog who turned 25 shortly after his senior season(April 30) and Steve DeBus who left "early" after his junior year when he was 25.(would have been a 26 year old senior)