SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Any ideas why he didn't get picked up in the draft? Those are pretty big numbers to be overlooked

He was a borderline NHL Draft prospect along with guys like Farley and Caggiula that didn't get drafted, and Nanne and Toninato, who did get drafted. If he plays a full year the way he played in the playoffs last sesaon, I bet he gets his name called as a second-year eligible.

He was a borderline NHL Draft prospect along with guys like Farley and Caggiula that didn't get drafted, and Nanne and Toninato, who did get drafted. If he plays a full year the way he played in the playoffs last sesaon, I bet he gets his name called as a second-year eligible.

The draft has a lot of politics involved too, I might add. No way is Nanne a better player than Murphy or will be a better player in the future because he was drafted.

Watched some youtube clips of murphy and I liked what I saw. Guy thats always around the net and a creative finisher. Body type kind of reminds me of a Jason Gregoire.

As far as being drafted....yeah Nanne has one assist in four games while Murphy is having his way with the league. I don't think not being drafted will hurt too much....

Anyone have any ideas on Luke Voltin and Jack Rowe?? Will we ever see them in a Sioux uniform? It seems like both have hit the wall as far as development is concerned and Voltin has seemed a little unstable. I noticed while he has a nice game last night, he got 15 PIM for face masking and abusing an official.....not a good way to start the season.

Anyone have any ideas on Luke Voltin and Jack Rowe?? Will we ever see them in a Sioux uniform? It seems like both have hit the wall as far as development is concerned and Voltin has seemed a little unstable. I noticed while he has a nice game last night, he got 15 PIM for face masking and abusing an official.....not a good way to start the season.

I think Voltin is still a good prospect, although as you stated its look like he has some penalty issues and some off ice issues as well. Rowe I'm not sure, he really hasn't done anything (stats wise, never seen him play) for him to warrant a spot on the Sioux. Who knows though, both could have massive years and this topic will be moot.

I think Voltin is still a good prospect, although as you stated its look like he has some penalty issues and some off ice issues as well. Rowe I'm not sure, he really hasn't done anything (stats wise, never seen him play) for him to warrant a spot on the Sioux. Who knows though, both could have massive years and this topic will be moot.

I hope Rowe does well. His dad, uncle and grandpa are real nice guys. GeauxSioux you know Rowe's dad Jack don't you? If I do you should also. He was a year older than us.

Luke's penalty last night was for arguing with an official, not abusing the official. Nothing wrong with that IMO. USHL officials have their little power trips. It's not like college hockey officiating. He's a good prospect. He didn't play much last year because Des Moines had a lot of older guys that are now gone, so this year I think we'll see more what he can do. The year just started so I think it's a bit early to suggest development has stalled. He's big & strong, tough, has some unreal stick handling skills, and can score. He doesn't typically have penalty issues from what I've seen. As for off-ice stuff, I wouldn't read too much into that either... he's a good kid that's really excited to come play up here.

Jack was injured a lot last year, so I don't know that much about him. So this is a big year for him too. Again, the season just started so I think it's too early to suggest any issues development wise.

• Upvote 1

Luke's penalty last night was for arguing with an official, not abusing the official. Nothing wrong with that IMO. USHL officials have their little power trips. It's not like college hockey officiating. He's a good prospect. He didn't play much last year because Des Moines had a lot of older guys that are now gone, so this year I think we'll see more what he can do. The year just started so I think it's a bit early to suggest development has stalled. He's big & strong, tough, has some unreal stick handling skills, and can score. He doesn't typically have penalty issues from what I've seen. As for off-ice stuff, I wouldn't read too much into that either... he's a good kid that's really excited to come play up here.

You're being generous if you really know his history. He has had issues on just about every team he's ever been on. Whether it was back in the Blaine youth days, Hill Murray, US team or now, he has been an issue and immature. Given all that has gone on here in recent times with off ice discipline issues, I am not sure I want to risk more of that and he is definitely a big risk in that department.

• Upvote 1

You're being generous if you really know his history. He has had issues on just about every team he's ever been on. Whether it was back in the Blaine youth days, Hill Murray, US team or now, he has been an issue and immature. Given all that has gone on here in recent times with off ice discipline issues, I am not sure I want to risk more of that and he is definitely a big risk in that department.

sounds like you know his entire life story...

I was just checking if anyone had any insight. I know its early in the season, I am basing my question off of last year and some of the off season comments. I was curious about the Abuse of an Official penalty (that is how it is listed, not my wording). It just seemed like both of those commits got alot of hype right away and both have seemed to sort of 'disappear' over the last year. I didn't mean to start a debate.......hockey season just needs to start already.