SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 7/15/2021 at 2:16 PM, scpa0305 said:

Well I guess Berry's boy could now (potentially) qualify as a recruit.  I guess he's having a decent showing out at Select 16s.

Hearing that he's headed to Northstar next year.  Definitely a DI hockey prospect. 

18 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Defenseman Sam Rinzel out of Chaska has to be on our radar. Selected to the U17 tournament team and a high USHL pick. Anyone know anything else about him?

I've seen him play....really good. Has gopher written all over him....notre dame too I suppose.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I've seen him play....really good. Has gopher written all over him....notre dame too I suppose.

Berry's been following him since at least this winter. Very well could be another Minnesota/North Dakota battle and we haven't had a whole lot of success in those recruiting battles lately.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:02 AM, ChadR said:

Is Mitch Vig's son a potential recruit? 

A Bismarck kid.....but a legacy.  You'd have to go back to James Massen and Quinn Fylling (I think) for the last time a Western ND kid played for UND.  

6 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Berry's been following him since at least this winter. Very well could be another Minnesota/North Dakota battle and we haven't had a whole lot of success in those recruiting battles lately.

They want blue chippas we want role playas

• Downvote 3

Should we expect a rash of commitments around the country on August 1st, or will some coaches be a little tentative since Covid shut down getting a firsthand look at those that become eligible to recruit on that date. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:45 AM, tnt said:

Should we expect a rash of commitments around the country on August 1st, or will some coaches be a little tentative since Covid shut down getting a firsthand look at those that become eligible to recruit on that date. 

We’re definitely seeing it.

Big question is will UND? I’m going to guess we’ll see two today. Need to get some momentum going on the recruiting front. 

22 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Not that there was a lot of question but Zam Plante committed to Duluth this morning.

Looks like Shaugabay committed to Duluth as well.  I thought I had heard that he was a big fan of North Dakota.  

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

From what I read, he's got elite skills but some real rough spots in terms of a complete game (like work in his own end, setting up team mates, making good decisions). Oh well...

Sounds more like a Gopher type player then.

2 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

From what I read, he's got elite skills but some real rough spots in terms of a complete game (like work in his own end, setting up team mates, making good decisions). Oh well...

Has Sandy hoists his 4th and 5th title with shaugs playing I think we all will need to learn how to read again

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He's also a high WHL pick for Winnipeg. Maybe he pulls a Bethune.

That's always a possibility.  Though Sandy took the ridiculously small Kobe Roth from Warroad and turned him into a 2 time national champion and a productive college player.  Makes one wonder what he can do with the higher end talent that Shaugs possesses.  

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Has Sandy hoists his 4th and 5th title with shaugs playing I think we all will need to learn how to read again

@gfhockeyYou are never satisfied with whatever Berry & Co. does. You should go make another thread about your crush, Sandy. I'm sure if you write him a letter, he'll mail you a Bulldog jersey!

• Upvote 2