SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I said it a year or two ago…just wait the Big10 conference will end up tops. YHH is reporting J Clark and O Moore will go big10 route too.

The tweet said Jimmy Clark is also considering UMD. 

But the Big Ten has been bringing in top individual talent the last few years and has nothing to show for it on the national stage. The Big Ten is not a hard-nosed, defensive minded league like the NCHC. The NCHC is clearly the better league top to bottom and develops well-rounded players. So until proven wrong, I don’t see the Big Ten usurping the NCHC

• Upvote 3

Not sure they squandered it.  2020 didn't even give them a chance to squander, and in 2021 fate conspired to give their lower ranked opponent a bye while they played a late game the night before.  But it was their window, for sure. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I said it a year or two ago…just wait the Big10 conference will end up tops. YHH is reporting J Clark and O Moore will go big10 route too.

There has been some buzz for Clark to Minnesota for a little while here.

Seems like a long time since we have won a battle for a Minnesota kid. Needs to be a priority to land more of those top Minnesota guys. It isn't so much the guys we lose to the Gophers for me it is seeing them go to St. Cloud, Duluth, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame that really bugs me. After Minnesota we should be able to get whoever we want in that next wave.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

There has been some buzz for Clark to Minnesota for a little while here.

Seems like a long time since we have won a battle for a Minnesota kid. Needs to be a priority to land more of those top Minnesota guys. It isn't so much the guys we lose to the Gophers for me it is seeing them go to St. Cloud, Duluth, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame that really bugs me. After Minnesota we should be able to get whoever we want in that next wave.

If mcgoarty ends up flipping to mich I may call shenanigans 

We seem to do very well with defensemen, but don’t get as many top end forwards, unless we get on them early before they are considered elite.  We should be set up to pull in our fair share of guys like Dylan Holloway and Kent Johnson in leagues we have been traditionally strong with.  Hopefully guys like Dylan James and Bowden Singleton can develop nicely.  It sounds like James will be in the USHL this year.